Yamada Employee Reviews for Associate

3.2Pay & Benefits
3.1Job Security & Advancement
Easy job if you don't want to have a life.
Associate (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHMarch 5, 2016
Yamada North America isn't necessarily a bad place. Sure it can have it's really bad times, but at the same time there are a few good things that can help counter out the bad. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there unless they want to work seven days a week nearly every week. Most of the management is easy to get along with, with the exception of a few. Majority of the people I worked with were very polite and easy going. The plant was running almost every day due to not having enough materials to keep all the lines running the way they were supposed to. This caused a lot of unnecessary overtime. I've learned quite a bit at Yamada North America though. From how most of the machines work to ways that I could fix the machines myself without having to rely on maintenance to be available. The company did try to balance out the major overtime with earned days off but to get those days off approved was like pulling teeth. In the end, as my two weeks notice was coming to an end I had two days approved off, the first of the two was a vacation day that I had remaining, and the other was an earned day. The day of my vacation day, although I was not required to be there as it was scheduled and approved off. The company terminated me in order to avoid paying me for the vacation day.
Pros
Monthly based attendance bonuses
Cons
Almost always working seven days a week