Yamada Employee Reviews

Good company
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHOctober 27, 2017
YNA is a Japanese company that builds part for cars. Clean facility with great people. Plant is in the middle of nowhere in South Charleston. Not a lot of room for growth.
Not hateful
Steel Line Associate (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHOctober 22, 2017
Its not a terrible place to work, fast paced, which is nice. Management everywhere is give and take. Working here is how you make it. Could be annoying if you get worked up easily, could be fine if you just do your job and go home.
Quick paced working environment
Team Leader and helps (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHOctober 4, 2017
It has a very clean and safe working environment. The safety of their employees is their priority, then the quality of the product comes after, before delivery.
Pros
Birthday gifts to workers, Attendance bonus etc.
Cons
Just it is a long distance from my house
Terrible Benefits and Unfair Pay
Steel Headcount Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHAugust 16, 2017
People who have worked here for 20 years are just now topping out at Associate Salary. There are people getting hired off the street making more than people who have dedicated their lives to YNA. Too many Japanese taking over and not working well with Americans.
Stressful and unfair
Quality Control (Current Employee) –  South Charleston OHAugust 13, 2017
Yamada is all about who you know and are friends with. There is no advancement unless you are part of the click even if you do a good job and go above and beyond. The Upper Management is horrible and don't care about the associates. A lot of managers and assistant managers don't have a clue, they are just a warm body. There is no one to turn to, they are all liars, the Japanese are rude and bullies along with some of the American managers.
Pros
Paid shutdowns
Trash
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHJuly 16, 2017
That job was trash. The people were ok. The workload was nonsensical. They will work you to death if they can get away with it. This place is trash....indeed
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Clocking in
Secure place to work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHMay 8, 2017
YNA is a typical manufacturing environment. The front office is the open office layout. Japanese upper management with direct ties to Japan Head Office. Global sales meetings in Japan are annual. Good opportunity to travel.
The other associates were great people.
Technician (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHMay 8, 2017
I loved the people but management was not great. Was denied a promotion that I never did get. And unfortunately I did work a lot of hours and they do give you days to use as free days and earned days.
factory worker
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 22, 2017
work is very good just need more pay I work in deburr we do a lot in there we inspect parts and repair ive been there since august I like it but I need better pay
Pros
i like the people there very nice
Cons
we get no heath insurance
machine operation and trouble shooting
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHApril 9, 2017
my typical day at work for this job would include: problem trouble shooting and machine operation. while working here i learned how to fix robotic machinery.
Hard working work place
Manufacturing Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHApril 5, 2017
While working at Yamada it was very stressful on the body but compensated well. The long days can be overwhelming if you are not accustom to it. Don't go into this job not ready to work.
It was a very good easy job with great pay.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 9, 2017
It was a fun work environment. I liked working with my friends, i had got a few friends jobs with me and they let us all work with each other throughout the day.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
Horrible culture. Terrible leadership
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHFebruary 5, 2017
Unethical and immoral operations. Yamada operates in ways if Honda knew about, yamada would in trouble. Pathetic lack of management engagement

Drug use occurs on site consistently.
Pros
Thank God I have a MBA and I left that dump.
Cons
Lame VP, lame quality manager. Both are very incompetent AND need fired.
Lots of overtime
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHFebruary 4, 2017
Good job if you like overtime. Turnover is very high and overall moral of employees is low. Upper management is uneducated and advancements are based on the good ole boy network. Not on your job knowledge and qualifications.
Pros
bonuses, benefits
Cons
work life ratio
Great work environment and opportunity.
Internship in Quality Control (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHDecember 17, 2016
I was converting all of the safety videos and how to operate machines from paperwork into the digital world so visual learners could better understand what was expected of them.
Pros
Great supervisor
Cons
no benefits
Maybe okay.
Diecast quality control technician (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHNovember 10, 2016
it's a 7 day a week job. But to me, the benifits are good, you get bonuses for attendance and Christmas. You get a mostly paid shut down. If you aren't in a highly demanded department, you get the whole time off.
flexible and outgoing
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHOctober 18, 2016
Able to get along and work with co-workers. Very fast paced. The supervisors and other employees made it easier to work in a steady pace.
Production is always fun
Production Operator/Quality control (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHJuly 12, 2016
Typical day at job involves using test tools like; Height gauge, calipers, ID-blade, block gauge etc to calibrate parts and mechanism to meet tolerance and product specifications

I learned how to Perform diagnosis and troubleshooting functions on my machine, and to communicate with supervisors and managers for production needs

i'm pretty good in helping others to become skillful like me.

the hardest part of my involves diagnosing and troubleshooting functions on my machine,

i love conducting quality checks on my products.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Good pay but they'd rather replace workers than broken equipment
Third Shift Die Service Technician (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OH 45368May 6, 2016
I was not trained properly before moving shifts my manager was on another shift and while I enjoyed working a large part of my time was spent idle due to poor communication. there was also a high turn over so you have a constant stream of people with no clue what they are doing.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Pooor atmosphere
great place fun and good food
inspector (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHMarch 22, 2016
I worked here for almost 8 years before moving on the environment was fun and the co workers were great. management was great and involved and was always doing something different

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yamada. Our community is ready to answer.