Yamada Employee Reviews

Easy job if you don't want to have a life.
Associate (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHMarch 5, 2016
Yamada North America isn't necessarily a bad place. Sure it can have it's really bad times, but at the same time there are a few good things that can help counter out the bad. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there unless they want to work seven days a week nearly every week. Most of the management is easy to get along with, with the exception of a few. Majority of the people I worked with were very polite and easy going. The plant was running almost every day due to not having enough materials to keep all the lines running the way they were supposed to. This caused a lot of unnecessary overtime. I've learned quite a bit at Yamada North America though. From how most of the machines work to ways that I could fix the machines myself without having to rely on maintenance to be available. The company did try to balance out the major overtime with earned days off but to get those days off approved was like pulling teeth. In the end, as my two weeks notice was coming to an end I had two days approved off, the first of the two was a vacation day that I had remaining, and the other was an earned day. The day of my vacation day, although I was not required to be there as it was scheduled and approved off. The company terminated me in order to avoid paying me for the vacation day.
Pros
Monthly based attendance bonuses
Cons
Almost always working seven days a week
great company
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHFebruary 29, 2016
YNA is a great company that offers many opportunities for advancement. The people are friendly and training is excellent
I loved this job and still miss it to this day :(
Sr line leader of the 5LJ oil pan line (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHJanuary 23, 2016
pointed out on my 90 probation period thought i was haven a heart attack so ambulance rushed me to hospital and admitted me following day they shot di in my heart and had me run treadmill to get heart rate up everything was fine so they said i had a panic attack just kinda thought it was weired cause im 42 and never ever had one before so i feel they was wrong for letting me go cause thats life or death (i was scared) but they let me go after asking me if i had a note stating i could go back to work and i told them YES.
Pros
good work envirement
Cons
lack of communication
great place to work
T2A Assembler (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHNovember 20, 2015
with this job it was really far i was traveling 45 to 50 minutes one way but they paid really good so it was overall worth it. Everything over 40 hours was time and a half and every seventh consecutive day was double pay.
Pros
good pay
Cons
really far drive
Fast Growing company
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Uppershaft Civic ColumnJuly 2, 2015
This company was a great company. It was a tier 1 company meaning that is directly provided parts to Honda for their cars. I was in charge of more than 8 robots and 9 machines and solely took a piece of steel and turned it into an uppershaft for steering columns on Honda Civics. I had never been in this kind of a job so I learned about machining how to change tools, recover robots, and run lathe machines. My coworkers were fun and upbeat to work with. I worked in an area on my own but was close to others. I really enjoyed the challenges of working on an older machine and finding ways to repair it so it would continue to run. As the company is growing the communication is weak. This is because there is so much going on that people are not able to keep up all the time. The management of the Steel department was WONDERFUL! The management was gentle and more than willing to help people learn how to do our jobs more efficiently.
Pros
bonuses, shut downs, plenty of overtime.
Cons
health care, communication
Fun place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHApril 20, 2015
Fun place to work, staff has great attitudes. Coworkers work well together most of the time. Management very attentive to the needs of staff.
Pros
Set breaks, earned days off
Cons
Worked too many days in a row.
Decent place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OhioApril 5, 2015
Built oil pumps by hand. Learned what an oil pump looks like. Co-workers were fun to be around. Hardest part of the job is working 7-21 days in a row. Best part of the job was earning free days off.
Pros
Cleanest place to work
Cons
Worked too many days in a row
The pay is good.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHApril 4, 2015
A day at work for me is making sure that our customers have good quality parts and meeting production requirements, and also watching over 12 to 14 associates. Over the years ive been there i have learned alot in quality, production reqirements.The management at Yamada North America all works together to make sure all requirements are met and our customers always get what they need. My co-workers and I always work together to get things done and keep production going. The most enjoyable thing about my job is all the people that you get to meet and work with.
Pros
Pay is good. Alot of good people work here.
Cons
sometimes no break depending on production requirements, and 2nd.shift.
fast pace
De-burr/inspector (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHMarch 22, 2015
good job if u never want to be at home and pay is not bad , it will make your health bad if u work here long enough becuse of the metal dust from the water pumps.
Pros
long hours /good pay
Cons
health problems
productive and fun workplace
Assembly (Former Employee) –  S Charleston, OHDecember 31, 2014
Yamada was a fun job. It had its pros and cons but for the most part it was a great learning experience. I would file parts that came out the blaster with a handheld file, , I would also go to another station and place brackets and levers on the steering column. and I would also inspect car parts to be shipped to the manufactor.. the hardest part of the job was to file the parts down with a handheld file. the most enjoyable part of working there was a lot of good people that worked there and it was a great learning experience
Yamada
T2A Assembler (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHJuly 21, 2014
We had to be in our work place by 7 a.m. for our morning meetings. Our team lead would tell us what are quota for the day was, then tell everyone where they were going to be stationed. After the meeting we would proceed to our station and push out parts and try our best to go above and beyond our said quota for the day.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
To far of a drive
it's a great company to work for. great pay, great benifits
die cast production manaager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 24, 2014
yamada is a very good place to work. You get great pay, and benifits. they also have a 401k program which the company with match what you put in. one of the few good jobs left in our area
Pros
great management, good pay, great benifits, clean and safe place to work
Cons
some times you have to work 7 days a week which makes you very tired
Production Manager
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHJanuary 19, 2014
The company itself could be a better place if there were changes in the Senior Management. The company is ran by 2 strong headed people that do not always have the right answers and do not think about the outcome of their decisions.
Pros
Company cell phone and laptop computer.
Cons
No bonus or incentives for salary employees
Rapidly growing company
Assistant Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  South Charleston OhioJanuary 13, 2014
YNA is a Honda tier one supplier. Work is very demanding of time. We work under a three day close requirement. Payables is very paper heavy and the most demanding of my time. Although I have two people entering payables there are many receiving issues that need attention.
Pros
Always challenging.
Cons
short breaks, management on attendance point system
Busy with high demands from the Customer
Ken-Gi Coordinator Aluminum Div (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHDecember 1, 2013
Very fast paced production. Automotive parts supplier to American Honda
they work you to much where you don't have a life
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHNovember 9, 2013
they work you 7 days a week and thats to much you don't have a life.
poorly managed and no work life balance
Team-leader/ Multi-Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHSeptember 14, 2013
Management-Too many managers for each department. All management is stacked on 1st shift. the off shifts are poorly managed.
No work life balance. Consistent 7 day work weeks. very few days off.
Pros
overtime
Cons
No life
Not a good place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  South Charleston OhMay 18, 2013
They dont care about there associates, we recieved no raise for 3 years and was forced to work 7days a week
Good learning experience
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHMarch 30, 2013
I had the opprtunity to learn many things about the manufacturing evironment, particularly of Honda.
Pros
enjoyable workplace
Cons
required 7 day work week
fun busy place to work
machine operator (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHDecember 3, 2012
run machines
learned how to run machines
good boss
co-workers got along for the most part
trying to make quota
the money
Pros
hours
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yamada. Our community is ready to answer.