Yankee Candle Company Culture reviews

Productive and very fast paced, but also enjoyable.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 3, 2019
Productive and very fast paced, but also enjoyable. Learned a bunch of new things and accomplished each daily goal. The management was usually always understanding and willing to help you out whenever you needed it.
Pleasant customers and a great product.
management team within 2 months (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 30, 2019
The product is excellent and enjoyable to market to customers. The customers are pleasant and because this is a destination shop are usually there to make a purchase. The upper management is not responsive to the needs of the individual stores. As with any corporate-run entity the need for complete conformity negated the culture of the individual store and its clientele.
Loved the Job
Sales Employee (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHMay 12, 2019
I absolutely loved working at Yankee. The people and customers were wonderful, and it was very fun to come into work everyday. I loved my co-workers and the environment, and the products were high quality.
Productive work environment
Machine Operator/ Shipping Receiving (Former Employee) –  Whately, MAApril 24, 2019
Good place to work... Plenty of OT.. Friendly Co workers... Gained much experience and learned about the ins and outs of the manufacturing industry. Also learned a lot about operating and troubleshooting many types of machines and robotics... Gained much experience in a variety of material handling equipment and loading and Unloading trucks...good work environment and work culture
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ILApril 18, 2019
I enjoyed working for Yankee Candle. I was trained to open and close the stire as well as learning about the product. The staff is friendly and helpful
Yankee Candle was a fun welcoming environment. It felt like a second family.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IAApril 16, 2019
When I worked at Yankee Candle is was a fun and welcoming experience. My coworkers where my friends and my managers acted more like my moms then my bosses. Made a great time working there.
Great place to work with great upper management.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYMarch 28, 2019
The environment is pleasant and competitive. The people I work with within my district are friendly and focused to achieve. My Dm is perfect combination of leadership and allowing Managers to control their own stores business.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Compensation
Manageable part-time work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIMarch 27, 2019
The management at my location added a lot of character to the work, which would be slow typically. Hardest part of the job was selling to the customers.
Fun place with kind customers and great smells
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYMarch 18, 2019
Working for yankee candle was a great experience, my coworkers and managers were kind and helped me to learn about the work place and procedures. They were kind and relaxed, unless we did not meet sales requirements.
Best job I've had
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, IL 62208March 14, 2019
I love working for Yankee Candle. Not only is management amazing, but our customers are some of the nicest people that I have ever met. Although some days can be slow, it's never too boring when you work with people who you can consider your friends.
Pros
Coworkers, management, candles
Cons
slow days, internet goes down occasionally
Fun workspace. Everyone is nice and gets the job done.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHMarch 7, 2019
Yankee candle is a good place to work. Everyone is nice and it’s overall a fun place to work. It is a place with flexiable hours. They tend to work around you.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Short breaks
A great place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 4, 2019
A great company to work for! Amazing products, great fragrances. Awesome guests. Associates love it. Culture is team oriented. Management listens. New fragrances, and products every month.
I love the Newell company.
Assistant Manager Retail (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLMarch 4, 2019
The company and product is wonderful! Salaries are low for the amount of work you do.working 32 to 38 hours are mandatory. As are alternate weekend and holidays. Retail is challenging and I enjoy the competitive spirit to make our ads.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Low salary
fun and loving crew
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAFebruary 24, 2019
a typical day at work is selling to customers and stocking shelves with new shipment. I learned good communication skills and basic retail skills. Management was GREAT, my manager is so kind and caring. Workplace is very friendly, almost family like. I loved my team and the workplace, great first job.
Awesome staff and discount!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJanuary 31, 2019
Yankee Candle was a great company to work for! Very relaxing and kind staff. The discount was definitely a bonus. I would recommend working there to anyone.
Pleasant work environment
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Township of Liberty, OHJanuary 20, 2019
Really interesting learning about all the products. Fun co-workers. Friendly customers. Fun managers. Great employee discount. Loving co-workers. Clean work place.
Pros
50% off on anything that had a scent
If you love the brand you will love working for Yankee Candle
Store Manager (SM)/ Cluster Store Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 1, 2019
You live the brand/ culture of Yankee Candle when working here. Long hours and usually you work alone. The work you put in doesn't match the pay you get.
Benefits
Cons
Work alone for long period of time.
Great store with lots of customer interaction
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLDecember 31, 2018
Once I staffed my store it was all fun work and a team effort to meet goal and achieve bonus!
Yankee Candle has a great customer following and their store in Destin will be missed by many loyal customers.
Pros
discounts and contest
Cons
Productive and fun workplace!
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXDecember 30, 2018
I LOVE my job here at yankee candle. I’ve been blessed with a great team who works hard daily and achieves so much. Yankee candle company has been great not only just in my store but at a district level and religional level as well. This company truly does want the best for you.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks
Sale Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CtNovember 15, 2018
At the store level the team put together is awesome to work with. I'm a returning employee because of the culture in the store. Great friendships are made.
Cons
Seasonally busy