YANKEE SPIRITS Employee Reviews

Fun atmosphere, can become overwhelming
Cashier/ Sales team (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAJune 21, 2018
You definitely get to meet great people are the different store locations and you get to build friendly relationships with your customers, but can definitely become overwhelming during tastings or holidays.
Stressful but laid back
stock (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAMarch 5, 2018
The manager is careless with scheduling, disregarding employees availability or time requested off (basically not even looking at it). While the store itself looks nice and presentable, the storage areas are hazardous and unsafe to work in and around. Some staff members are nice and helpful, but most of them are dramatic and rude.
Pros
discounts
Cons
everything else
great place to work,
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sturbridge, MANovember 19, 2017
Typical days are not all the same,liquor store business is unpredictable,especially the size and volume of this store,wide selection of wine,liquor,beer.
Yankee Spirits was a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAAugust 31, 2017
I worked for them for nearly five years and enjoyed working there. I would recommend the place as a stress-free environment for the most part. Holidays could be a little stressful as they were busy but the customers and employers were generally kind and considerate and I learned a lot about having a good work ethic by working there and learning how to be a good employee and also learning what not to do in order to keep from making the jobs of others more difficult. I'm glad I got the experience of working there.
Pros
Kind employers and fellow employees who really cared about each other.
Cons
It was fairly hard work and would be difficult for an older person to perform the duties.
Rewarding and Challenging Work Environment
FLOOR SUPERVISOR/RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAJanuary 4, 2017
Rewarding and challenging work environment but due to small size of company little room for advancement and pay scale increase. Excellent staff and overall atmosphere but due to small corporate structure there would be little to no chance for career sustainability.
liquor store
Customer Service / Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sturbridge, MAMay 23, 2016
head cashier , trained cashiers, corrected errors made on registers, totaled cash drawers at end of the night and made deposit in bank
Fast paced growing Liquor Store Chain with 3 stores
CFO/ Vice President (Current Employee) –  Sturbridge, MASeptember 5, 2014
I left my previous job in 2012 managing multiple states for a large liquor supplier, to help a friend out that I have dealt with in business for over 23 years. He sadly died in June of 2013 unexpectedly.

His daughters are taking the business in another direction and changing the company culture. I have stayed on to help maintain the culture my friend wanted but his family is different then he was and don't understand the needs of the chain to keep thriving in an ever changing competitive business.

I get along with everyone but have my disagreements with the new direction my friends daughters have taken.

I have the respect of our key employees and the daughters, but it is a dead end at this point and I am looking to make a change and get closer to Boston.

I currently travel to Sturbridge 4 - 6 days a week from Quincy depending on time of year and would like to reduce that commute.

We are a team that all pull our weight no matter what the store or location need. The new management is unfortunately immature and lazy and consistently demonstrates poor management skills which has put a lot of strain on our key employees. It's just not a fun place to work and the former owner had started this from the ground up but unfortunately did not pass that work ethic along to his children.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing us retain key employees who enjoy coming to work everyday and the customer service we provide from top management to the entry level cashier. We have extremely loyal and regular customers who are very frugal and appreciate the
  more... selection and service at the most competitive prices available.  less
Pros
Flexibilty in schedule based on efficient planning.
Cons
Long commute, management change.
Was a fun place to work.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Sturbridge MAJuly 7, 2013
A typical day at work consist of answering phones for the CFO entering accounts receivable & payables. Handling all payroll & benefits for employees.

I learned about the liquor business.

I got along great with management & co-workers.

Pros
Free concert tickets
I knew everyone so it made the workplace more enjoyable.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAJanuary 31, 2013
Yankee Spirits was a great place to work. I enjoyed the people I worked with. The managers were all very nice. I recieved my TIPs certification through this job. The most enjoyable part of this job was the holidays. I was able to work more and it was very busy.
Cons
no benefits

Want to know more about YANKEE SPIRITS?

Ask a question