Yapstone Employee Reviews

Fun atrmosphere
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 17, 2018
I started with yapstone when they were just a start-up. I played an integral role in creating the culture within the company and was very proud to be a part of the yapstone family.
Ping Pong Table
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Great people to work with. It is a relaxed workplace where thinking outside of the box is welcomed. Compensation is not great and the future of the position was not promised.
Yapstone was an excellent place to work.
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 30, 2017
Yapstone was an excellent place to work with many benefits and opportunities for advancement. There were no hard feelings when I left the company. I enjoyed working with coworkers and the workspace environment was enjoyable.
Growth as an individual employee and a team-member employee
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 4, 2017
Pros
-Your managers take the time to understand you as an employee
-Small enough that you feel important and big enough that there is a lot of intriguing people to meet
-When you come into work there is always something to do
-Flexibility of going outside your job description
-There is a high level of accountability that instills trust in the co-workers that are around you
Cons
-If you're not in their department sometimes people seem too busy to know you
-People don't want to be on camera for internal media productions, so this becomes hard to create an involved culture with the advancements in social media
-The individuals are uneasy about trying something new because they're nervous of the unknown
Advice to Management
All of the cons can be improved. I do not believe they can be improved over night, but they can be focused upon. Currently the management is doing a superb job at tackling these cons. It's just that the company is progressing quickly, so there is a lot of awkward growth occurring. This is the most potential company I've seen since Apple back in the 1990s, and that's because of management. My advice is keep doing what you're doing and things will fall into place!
Start up feel with an established company's values
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 26, 2017
Everyone was able to connect with those around them and in the company. With open floor seating, it allowed for that collaborative work environment. However, the pay was not at market competitive.
Lack of Strategic Leadership
Director of Security Governance, BC and PS (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 23, 2017
Fractured Executive team with little to no strategic vision and constant turnover leaves a company with great potential, but no way of reaching it under current management.
Pros
Benefits and location
Cons
Lack of strategic leadership and business maturity
Not worth the squeeze
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 8, 2017
The company, after 19 years, is just hitting its start-up pains. Leadership is atrocious, don't expect any support from them ever. Very clicky culture. Overworked, underpaid. Every day I come in morale is at an all time low. They are not able to control their workflow volume due to contractual constraints with other companies. Training is non-existent and they don't even put in the effort to improve it. Forced overtime. Many employees end up working off the clock to get all their work done in the day (for non-exempt employees) in fear of losing their jobs. Management threatens employees to do overtime with their jobs. This place is just all around horrible. Stay FAR FAR away.
Pros
none.
Cons
Many
Financial tech
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 9, 2017
Depending on department it is easy to be overlooked. They need to work on their transparency. If you are wanting to join the financial world it could be a good opportunity.
Great Company Great Culture New Leadership
Sr Director - Program Management Office Leadership (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 24, 2017
Company is in high growth and high change which is a great time to be part of a company.

Company is based in east bay of San Francisco in Walnut Creek downtown area
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 7, 2017
Excellent corporate culture, robust product and engaging teams all around. Definitely one of the best companies I've worked for. Highly recommendable.
Horrible company - toxic environment
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 2, 2017
The worst company I have ever worked for in my entire life. Employment with this place is an employment lawyers dream, not for a job but for a case. Wrongful termination of employees, threats of job loss from management if you don't volunteer to do overtime (when it's available) Forced to work off the clock to complete assigned work. This place is all around terrible. Attitudes of emploees are horribl. Expect a rude response or attitude anytime you have to ask a question. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
Cons
Thousands
I had a pretty decent experience working for Yapstone.
Customer Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 26, 2017
Yapstone is a pretty good company for career growth, I was able to transition into a people leader role in six months. I was able to make new friends, work with passionate like-minded individuals, and experience new challenges. The workplace culture was pretty good although some of the departments are a little too divided and sometimes I feel that hurt the customer experience overall. It was great to have the flexibility of unlimited PTO for vacations etc.
Pros
Free Lunches, Picnics, Snack Bar, Near Bart
Cons
Parking in the garage can be difficult if you work later in the day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 25, 2017
The most enjoyable thing about working at Yapstone were the employees. We all made it a fun work environment with all of the heavy irate calls that we handled.
Company with cool people
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 18, 2017
It was an ok place to work with, but nothing special. It was just a place to work at. I would only return if a promising position was offered with great pay.
Not worth the squeeze
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 23, 2017
Pros
none.
Cons
Many
Fun and great place to work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Collaborating and communicating to come up with solutions
Casual environment
Participating in company theme events
productive and fun work place
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 27, 2016
-work life balance is great
-great team and environment
-Fun co-workers
-you learn much as you're given different task and projects on the team
Pros
free wednesday breakfast
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 6, 2016
I feel the office is a fun workplace but the hours are very long. They require a lot out of their employees for very little pay.
Pros
Great benefits, Free lunches frequently
Cons
Long hours, short breaks
Yapstone tech support.
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 12, 2016
This company is a great place to work for, I've learned to be patient and always handle situations with care. I am very fast pace, answer about 150-200 calls a day our center gets at most 3000-5000 calls. The benefits is awesome, co workers are super friendly like family to me, management is understanding and great and the atmosphere is all positive. Hardest part is dealing with mad clients about certain issues but you always want to listen, apologize, and work around the issue.
Pros
Free snack cafe, breakfast every Wednesday mornings, Thursday is social hour where we drink wine or beer while eating yummy snacks with our co workers
Cons
Breaks are 15mins and Lunch is 30mins
Broken company
Compliance (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 3, 2015
Company is very disorganized. Lines of communication broken between all departments. Executive level associates have walked off job with no notice. Managers have free reign with no upper level coaching or accountability. Manager of compliance is exceptionally disrespectful. Curses at team members, plays favorites, requires overtime with short notice. Talks about employees personal affairs with other employees. Has been sued for the treatment of past employees but no change has taken place. VERY high turn over rate, especially in compliance and customer service area. Low wages for demanding work load. Company tries to compensate with free food and social hour 2x a month. So not worth it. Please beware!
Pros
Free snacks and alcohol during social hour
Cons
Treatment of employees