Yard House Employee Reviews

Typical Serving Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 18, 2018
Depends on the location and the management, but most Yard Houses are pretty good to their employees and the money is solid. Good job to get you through college but I wouldn't stay there forever.
Productive work environment,great salary
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 17, 2018
Yard house is a great place to work, but it is poorly managed and needs better management. Fun work environment with great employees and benefits. Management needs better training
Pros
Free lunch and benefits
Cons
Poor management
Fun place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 15, 2018
one of my favorite places to work,,,,,help build the place loved it great people, great food, Great owner, terrible Bar management, not a big fan of his replacement.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
too much butt kissing to get the shifts you want!
Great up beat environment sports and entertainment friendly
Server full tome (Current Employee) –  City centreOctober 7, 2018
I kearned a lot about beer and the different types and styles there are as well as wine bottle service. The location promotes a lot of Business class guests and due to the amount of TV’s we attract a lot of sports fans.
Craft Beer Mainstream Establishment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 5, 2018
Loved the crew that I worked with and enjoyed everyone who worked there front and back of the house. Watch out for secret shops if your not following the Yard Core steps of service you will get let go.
Yard House was family...
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 4, 2018
Yard House was a great place to work. With room for plenty of advancement and opportunity Yard House doesn't just make you feel like an employee you feel like family.
A Chef Upgraded
Evening Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXOctober 4, 2018
A typical day at work involved preparing and cooking a wide variety of cuisine properly and pridefully. I've learned plenty of techniques and varieties that have passed into my own cooking thankfully to the fun employment had at this job.
Pros
Free Lunch for Chefs
Cons
No Smoke Breaks
Always busy on weekends
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 2, 2018
Fast paced environment always busy always a chance to make money. Need to know an extensive menu of beer and food but if study properly it shouldn't be a problem. Yard house is big on their brand and big on their culture of their company. They have long shifts and you're constantly moving in on your feet the entire time.
Pros
Discounted food for when you work
Cons
You have to work a bunch of hours to get benefits
I don't have enough experience here to review it.
Server (Current Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 26, 2018
I started working at Yard house about two months ago and after training I've only been working about three weeks. I don't feel like I have enough experience with the company to review it.
Stressful, fun
Bartender (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 18, 2018
Yard House is crazy. Good and bad crazy. Very high volume, fast paced. If you are selfish you will not last. They have a good culture, and promote fairly quickly if you show interest and hustle. They are Darden so they are as corporate as it gets. Too strict for my personal liking but working there made me a better server, and better bartender. Team work is imperative there. If you are a team player, you will create a great bond with the staff.
Pros
Good money, fun place to work, fast paced, but still laid back.
Cons
Corporate as corporate gets, Guest is always right no matter what, Sometimes they forget to have their employees backs.
awesome structure and support team
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 16, 2018
awesome structure and support team. multiple managers on the flooor at all times with the willingness to buss a table if it means providing better service to the guest
Pros
team
Great company
FOH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 15, 2018
Great company until joined Darden. I enjoyed working there it just changed a lot when it went from private to corporate. Great food and a lot of beer to choose from.
Great experience and a good learning place
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 12, 2018
While working at yard house I have seen managers, host and even servers come and go. Its interesting seeing how each of them work and grow. Everyone at the restaurant is like a great big family all working together. always lending a hand to someone when needed.
Fun job
Server (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 9, 2018
It was a little too corporate for me but it was overall a fun job. Would recommend working here if the location is good. I would prefer to bartend here rather than serve due to the amount of walking a server does.
Fun environment to work restaurant is team-based
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHSeptember 9, 2018
Yard House is a great place to work there is tons of opportunities. Management communication could be better but tons of servers have moved to management hostesses have moved to serving. Would definitely recommend this job to anyone looking for something stable and fun.
good
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 8, 2018
work was fast-paced and team members and managers were great. however, i wish their were benefits so that me and or others could work their long term.
Great coworkers, (mostly) great customers, great tips!
Server (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 7, 2018
Yard House is fast-paced, but so much fun! The menu takes a long time to memorize but you have lots of help and 2 weeks of training to get you there! Being downtown, the weekday business lunch rush is quick but fills up the restaurant for a couple hours and then you're done! Sports and events downtown (convention center, concerts, Benaroya Hall, etc.) bring in tons of business. Weekend nights are usually pretty busy, as well as weekday happy hours.

The people here are overall great. It's a fun environment, the managers are there to help when you need it. The menu is also higher-end for American food but we still have 5-8 table sections, so tips add up quickly if you can handle multi-tasking. Tip-out is 3.5% of sales.
Cons
No free food other than bread and butter (but 50% discount while working, 25% while off the clock, and Olive Garden is in the same restaurant group so we get discounts there too).
Amazing staff, team players, professional
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 30, 2018
The money is really good at Yardhouse, you are required to know all of the 131 different beers on tap along with the extensive food menu. Staff for the most part work like a team and help each other out. Managers are awesome and very supportive.
Pros
half off food, amazing co-workers, rlexable schedule
Cons
tips fluctuate
Fast-paced work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 27, 2018
The current general manager does not know how to be strict or discipline his employees. This makes for a difficult work environment. The people who work hard don't get the credit they deserve.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
No set breaks
Excellent company
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Southeast USAAugust 24, 2018
Yard House is an excellent concept with equally talented management and other departmental teams. Very committed and passionate group of employees that are bought into the mission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yard House. Our community is ready to answer.