Yard House Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Server (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 17, 2018
Make lots of money! Great working environment and teamwork...lots of constant development...flexible schedule. Fun team & managers...lots of opportunity to grow your career
Love the place but need somewhere closer to home
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 16, 2018
I loved working here just need something a little bit closer to home. The tips are great if you put in the effort and work hard. The management is great and willing to help you and very flexible with your schedule.
Fun and productive work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 11, 2018
Management is very hands on and willing to help out when anyone needs it. The team is fun loving and knowledgeable about the product and goes above and beyond to make sure the guests have a great experience.
Yard House
Server/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLJuly 7, 2018
A typical day at work at the Yard House is usually a fast paced lunch shift, turning into a extremely busy Happy Hour pop, followed by a very steady dinner shift. Yard House is constantly busy and there is always something to do. I've learned a lot about the service industry from working here as well as learning new trades such as Expo, Hostess, Management etc. There is a constant manager presence at all times at the Yard House. The shift usually never runs with less than 5 managers and 3 trainers, which allows a fairly smooth shift everyday. I wouldn't say there is necessarily a "hard" part about working at Yard house, once you've developed your style and you can understand the culture it becomes more like second nature. The most enjoyable part of working there by far is the culture, and the family aspect of it all, we are a team before anything else and we all support each other throughout the busy shifts and in everyday life.
won't say
Culinary Professional/Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJuly 6, 2018
I do not want to write anything about my five years at YH. I don't think that I should have to , to move on about getting a job. If you want to work in a fast paced kitchen and get your butt kicked, then YH is the place for you
Pros
non
Cons
non
Easy Job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2018
I was a host. It wasn't a bad job... Management simply did the most. If you have experience with hospitality.. this job would be good for you. The managers simply care about the business.
Pros
free food
Cons
no set end time
Fun Restaurant!
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2018
I had a great time while I was a server at Yard House, great restaurant, food, a very large selection of beers and the mananagement was amazing, it was truly a great experience.
Long time manager
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2018
I was a long time manager for Yard House. I started with them when they were a small company with only 9 locations. I enjoyed my time with the company up until the time that Darden bought them out. After that the company culture changed. There was little to no room for advancement from a culinary aspect.
Great place to learn
Lead Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2018
Learned so much after 4 years with the company. I truly learned so much about bartending here. How to improve my technique, speed, and overall flow as a bartender.
Lots of Team Work
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 25, 2018
Everyone works together, the hours were very reasonable, usually less than 7 hours. Very easy to give away shifts if you aren't available on certain days. Managers were very considerate and easy to talk to. The only thing is that you can get fired over simple mistakes, like forgetting to pay for fries, or being late a certain amount of times within 6 months.
Pros
Half off Lunch, 25% off all Darden Restaurant meals with family, Short shifts, easy to give away shifts
Cons
Small mistakes will get you fired
Very little chance for advancement
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJune 24, 2018
Typical day began at 5pm for the Dinner rush, Dishwashers worked in "The Pit" and rarely got a chance to leave unless using the bathroom or restocking dishes. Extremely fast paced and there were not always enough dishwashers to cover the pace. Management was easy to get along with but the hours were unstable. Typical workday could be from 5pm to 2:30am or longer. Very cliquish culture. Servers grouped with servers, cooks with cooks etc. Dishwashers were either ignored or accepted into these two groups. Hardest part was just the sheer mass of work, most enjoyable was getting a day off or going home. The thing I learned most was there was almost zero percent chance of advancement outside of Cooks and Servers who could slip into Supervisor then Management roles. Dishwashers had to first get a Server or Cook job to do the same and were mostly turned down for those positions
Pros
Free Lunch, Mandatory Breaks
Cons
Unreliable hours
Temporary Job
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 23, 2018
As with any server/bartender position I believe this is a temporary job. I made great money and it was a fun, fast paced which i would recommend to young adults.
Good and fun to be around friendly and happy co-workers and managers.
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 22, 2018
Yardhouse was a great experience to me. they greeted me with open arms and took me in as one of the family. thank you so much yardhouse. i miss my family as a team.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Uppity managers, veteran servers were not helpful to new people
Server (Former Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAJune 20, 2018
I generally did not enjoy my time working at the Yard house in Lynnfield MA. The management team was very belittling and nit-picky over very minor and obsolete details. The servers that had seniority were rather uptight and favored. Whenever I needed help with something when I was new, people were reluctant or avoided helping me out.
Pros
Discounted meals for your 15 minute breaks
Cons
three table sections
What I learned
SERVER/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2018
Yard House was fun and fast paced, and most managers were easy to work with and friendly. I found it difficult to advance further than where I was, and it could be hard not knowing schedule / payment for each week since pay was based on tips.
it was fun
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
i no longer work here. but its was fun, stressful but fun and i made really good money here. managers are cool but they are easily stress also. extremely stressful environment
Pretty fun
HOST (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 12, 2018
Great job if you like to be around people all day. I am so appreciative of Yard House for employing me. They worked with my very busy schedule, and made sure that employees were taken care of
used to be fun
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 6, 2018
Ever since Darden took over, it is not the same job it used to be. Workplace culture is less fun and more hitting numbers. Management is either hit or miss.
Great team
Server (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 30, 2018
There is a diverse group of people that work here. Everyone gets along great. They have been like a new family to me. I am very glad to be working here.
Really decent corporate company
Server (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 30, 2018
Other than typical server drama and the lack of caring from some management this place was amazing. The food wasn't really that good but everyone thought so until like an hour after they ate it.
Pros
$15/hour
Cons
Mean customers