Yard House Employee Reviews

great
Mixologist and Mixologist/Manager Trainer (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 20, 2019
Train and mentor new employees and managers
Provide highest standards of customer service in a fast-paced environment
Oversee and coordinate bar standards and systems to improve team efficiency and customer experience
Delegate duties to individual team members
Follow corporate guidelines to ensure sales goals and quotas are met and exceeded
Promote company culture
fun place
Server (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2019
good place [for a part time gig. loved the food and the people i worked with. very fast passed place to work at so be on top at all times. money is great as a server
Pros
food
Cons
busy all the time
fast paced
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2019
the moment i clock in i start to stock up my station unless i have a lot of orders that come in on my screen then i cant do anything about how my station is stocked until i have a break in between orders . its really difficult to do a %100 great job and fast service if the person before me leaves with out giving me a chance to restock or have the station already stocked ,then i'm running around like a chicken with out a head , trying to get my station in order for happy hour witch starts the moment i clock in at 3 pm and continues to 6 pm and try cook and plate orders all at the same time.The head chefs are really helpful. so are the line cooks who know all the stations because they will jump in on your station and help you with orders if they see you need help.
i really loved how much fun we have on a daily bases , if you need a sick day , its no problem because there is so many employees . now the down side to that is if you take a week vacation they WILL cut your hours when you come back from your vacation or a sick leave.
sometimes its to busy and the staff cant keep up. so food is left sitting in the window getting cold and stale , and then us cooks have to recook food that should have been sent out 30-45 mins prior to us recooking it (it happens daily) .iv even seen food that sat in the window for a whole hour and them just throw it away because they couldn't find what table it belongs to ,witch makes me wonder if we are charging our customers for food they didn't get.
Pros
free meal
Cons
watch your back
Busy. Revolving management. Revolving stafff. Organized but mechanical
Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2019
You’re a number first and foremost. You can make money when the management decides not to over staff. No one cares about you as a person. Show up and work then go home. Simple straightforward. Revolving staff from upper management to servers to bartenders to hosts. Nit picky and overly zealous in punshiment. Little to no reward. We want shifts with money which seems to be dwindling away. Food quality is steadily deteriorating. Nothing is fresh or made to order. Back of the house is run on the bare minimum. Front of the house is over staffed and stressed. Used to be a place I was proud to say I worked. Now it’s embarrassing and defeating.
Bad food
Bad management
Bad attitudes
The only people making money here are the people we will never see or meet. The rich dudes making all the decisions for the people they don’t care about. No free lunch. That’s a thing of the past.
Pros
Popular. Trendy. Overpriced basic food. Organized structure
Cons
Over worked. Underpayed. Management is unhappy.
None of the managers that I worked for are still there.
Server (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 14, 2019
My biggest problem was YH blaming servers for everything, including slow food service. We were told there was an open door policy but if that only included the 20 year old girls willing to flirt with management,
Pros
1/2 off really good food
Cons
Management picked favorites. While I was a favorite, it is still not something that I saw as fair.
Felt comfortable attending to guests
Food Runner/ busser (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 5, 2019
I personally would not attempt to work there again butts if I was to be asked to recommend to someone else I would say keep your options open because you may find yourself getting less and less hours in order to satisfy management because of hours versus production considerations
Pros
Resources for employees through corporate office
Cons
If you hadn't been working there for a while there was a feeling of being an outsider
Informative and a beneficial learning experience
Team Lead Hostess (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 3, 2019
This job was extremely beneficial because it taught me how to lead a group of people at an extremely busy and large restaurant. I learned how to divide work between people and successfully handle pressure.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 28, 2018
A typical day at yard house consists of me coming in at approved scheduleing changing into my uniform making sure that there is enough silverware and maintaining a good condition of the dish room
I enjoyed my time
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CADecember 27, 2018
There was room for growth and improvement. It was clean and the atmosphere was great. The employees were all nice and willing to help one another if neeed.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Dirty job
Team oriented and well stradigized system to ensure Guest satisfaction
Server (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 22, 2018
Working at Yard House has been an enjoyable experience, and has helped me advance as a more independent employee. I have learned a lot about catering to guests in a prompt and professional manner. Also how to promote/sell different roll outs that Yard House constantly changes. I have come to value a person's appreciation for beer and how to navigate guests through our extensive selection of them. I have not had any bad experiences with this company, except my desire for merit increase.
Fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 19, 2018
It is a great first job. I recommend it for young people. Very flexible hours great for college students, and people with children. Very fun and loving.
Depends on Management of Specific Store
Server (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CADecember 12, 2018
The company itself provides good services such as a 401k and insurance at a good price (health insurance only if you work a lot of hours). Quality of the job, however, depends on your management. I've come across the best managers and the worst managers.
fun at times
Barback/Busser (Current Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXDecember 11, 2018
with a lot of new managers coming and going the morale amongst the staff is currently dropping. even with that as a factor I would still recommend yardhouse as a great place of employment
Good people.
Server (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 10, 2018
Very competitive, a lot of intensive training, kinda cut throat but the people there are super nice. I would have gone back but the scheduale was cut throat
Yard House
Server (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 7, 2018
Yard was a great place to work at, from managament to the staff were great. They all became family. The workplace itself was spotless.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the enviroment I was put in. Always offering oppurtunity to grow within the company.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Holiday time off
fast paced workplace
Cook (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 6, 2018
A checklist of duties for the day
Generally fun environment
Most enjoyable part of the job is the creativity
Hardest part is the expected work load time frame
Pros
Free lunches and dine in discounts
Fast-pace but relaxing
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJDecember 2, 2018
Even though the location is a population night out, the restaurant is relaxing and the management staff is helpful in anyway they can be. I have enjoyed working here since the first day.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lack of room for advancement
Great money if you’re looking for a get in and get out job
Server (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO 80202December 1, 2018
Very cool environment located in Downtown Denver. Always busy so money is great. Love my coworkers everyone is welcoming and there’s no drama. Biggest issue is with management. They’re very “by the book” and don’t make room for any exceptions. Not very personable most of my other serving jobs everyone was like family and they thoroughly cared about your life outside of work. Yardhouse is the complete opposite. Managers don’t care what’s going on they just want you to show up for your shifts or they will sabotage your money by scheduling you less and giving you the worst sections. There’s no room for advancement either you’re a server, host, buster, etc. or you’re a manager.
Pros
Great money for serving
Cons
Too many unnecessary rules
Seasonal dishwashing
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 29, 2018
I was ecstatic about achieving a second job for the holidays, finally a 30-40. I worked until 1am every night and cabbed home. I even did their stainless steel polishing. The flourescent lights 10 hours a day did build a sweat on pan washing as business was the most ive ever seen. 80000 Seasonal management wanted to see timed achievement of all pot and pan and flatware for constant resupply. It was like a sporting event at times meeting all requirements on time. When to interupt and load? The double paycheck was a wonderful holiday. Management went many volumes deep on culinary training. They could be the most extreme number of bit requirement.
Pros
30-40, 000 Per year income
Cons
Highest volume ever
It was a good place
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 28, 2018
It was a good place to work but it was very hard to get promoted, I ask several time to be move to a different state and be in Charge of one of the restaurant on the east coast but no opportunities, or any chance to move up.
Pros
Good training
Cons
No opportunities to move up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yard House. Our community is ready to answer.