Yates Construction

Yates Construction Employee Reviews

United States161 reviews

constructionsafetyweatherprojectsitequestionworkerfamily

Enjoyed my time with Yates

Overall good experience. Good company to work with, has it's challenges like all jobs. You have to be self motivated in order to keep the schedule and budgets in line.

The worst

If you can find a better job I suggest you go there. They lie, don’t give you a skills test, pay sucks, will cheat you out of hours, and the equipment is junk. Unless you get on over on the 29 job. A bunch of back biting goes on. No way to get a decent raise.

Yates Construction insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Wish I could work for me again

Friendly well managed a lot of room for advancement worked on casino boat in tunica Mississippi Also worked on the board and dairy in Jackson Mississippi got a lot of experience there

Not the best nor the worst

Worked off and on for them on shutdowns and outages since 2015. They have work when they have work. Pretty high premium on safety but the low wages attracts some questionable talent.

Company values..

Great company with good morals & values. Many managers that I have worked with will always take time to help other employees. This benefits everyone at the company…

Learn the trade fast but at a cost

My experience personally is pretty good. The foreman’s I work with will teach if necessary and also understanding of time off needed. As long as you come to work and do your job, they play by “big boy rules”. I work with guys ranging from 18 year old laborers to 25 year veterans. I am an operator and a decently skilled one at that so there are perks of foreman’s trusting my ability to operate. Once you show you are able and competent you work your own section of the site without supervision.

Pros

Fair wages and trust in coworkers

Cons

Some Saturday’s required

Good company to work for

This is a good company to work for good pay and hours only pro is having to travel. Worked with good people and had good bosses. Would recommend if traveling isn't a problem.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Travel

It’s okay

They work you like a dog get mad if you take some time off call day and night don’t believe on vacation preach safety but turn around and ignore it

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No family time

You need to be a good old boy and attend the right school

Typical work day could sometimed be 20 hours uncompensated.Learned nothing from management and it's overall culture.Hardest part of the position was being demeened because of not being good old boy.The most enjoyable pat of the job was LEAVING the compay

Pros

Cons

interesting project

Had a good job location

really think that the job was desirable and the job was pretty good, but did not like the way the supervisor handled his job, especially after I was one that would work late and the people I was riding with would work late

Pros

Pay was okay and learned how drive a fork lift

Cons

hard to get advanced and supervisor's

Amazing people and company

I have enjoyed the years i worked for Yates. i was taught many things that i can take with me. If you were having issues with your work, you could always reach out and ask someone for help.

Unorganized

The foremen and superintendent talk the workers like dogs and regularly add extra work hours at the last minute. The pay is great but not worth it for not seeing my family.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

You will work all the time

Family atmosphere with all coworkers.

Loved my job at Yates Construction. Versatility and the opportunities to learn different jobs. Bosses are supportive and encouraging. Family atmosphere.

Pros

Coworkers make my job enjoyable and productive.

You have good days and bad days, it’s what you make of it. Good attitude around good people can make your day. Yates really is a good company to work for.

Great place to work the project engineer was a awesome woman (T) i would work for her anytime

Awesome people to work for upper management really takes care of there people the have a safe work environment. Some of the people that have been there for a while r kinda stuck up but u have that everywhere u go

Something different everyday

It's construction work is all I can say. Feast or famine due to the weather. I wouldn't recommend this job to someone with a family due to the amount of days off due to the weather.

Pros

Cons

No scheduled days off.

Yates was a good place to work with much room to advance. The union is a great type of work place with great benefits. It was a physical job that gave you a good workout.

Poor management

3 people got fired on last job 2 for getting a lift stuck where they was told to go. Then one got fired for moving a weld machine so it didn’t get hit. On another job a young man died cause of argon

Pros

A pay check

Cons

Poor management

great company to work for

I was very pleased until I got a foreman and superintendent that were job scared and wanted to bulldog their men or women. Upper management were great. They did not discriminate nor were they racist. The hardest part of the job for me was climbing. I enjoy what I do but I like to be given a task and sent off to do it without someone breathing down my neck.

There is a lot of opportunities for advancement

Yates Construction overall is a great company to work for in the industrial construction fields. There are many opportunities for advancement if you show the initiative and drive. It is difficult however for women to be taken seriously at first, but that is an obstacle easily overcome when you show them what you're made of in the field. However, the balance between work life abd home life is extremely difficult since most jobs take you to different states ans you sometimes will go months on end without seeing home or family.

Pros

Career opportunities

Cons

Short breaks, limited healthcare options

Good job

Got alot of experience working with them made some new friends but they laid me off because I couldn't afford to go outa town and work right now because of this virus. So here I am looking for a new job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yates Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Yates Construction with

Yates Construction reviews by popular job title

• Yates Construction