Yates Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Supervisora de Cobros (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 1, 2018
Friendly and fun place to work. Great co-workers and easy yo get along. Great opportunities to meet new people. You get to visit places all the time!!
Pros
Christmas free dinners
Unorganized
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSDecember 28, 2017
Unorganized, It is an unorganize place. don't know when we off or work. We work even when the whole plant is off....................................
Pros
don't know when we off or work
its okay
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mt. Juliet, TNDecember 2, 2017
nice people but the system to get a higher position is a little difficult. hot in the summer and cold in the winter. not very good at keeping employees. clean place
Cool, but needs improvement with work flow
Line Tender (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSNovember 4, 2017
The experience was great, as far as the Technical aspect, but there has to be a better way to communication with, and treat the employees!! Also very long walk to and from vehicle.
Pros
In house cafeteria/store
Cons
Some areas had faulty equipment
Very fast pace company
PART PICKER (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNAugust 4, 2017
Here I held the responsibility of assembling several car components together in a timely fashion. From this, I had to learn other job titles as well within my area to help my co workers if someone wasn't able to be there also.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Very physically demanding.
dont do it
Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2017
if youre the new guy you get the dummy work. foremen treat their crew as "workers" and track everything you do. i was kicked off of the job for my conduits being 1/8" off while i was fixing them.(i voluntarily showed up early to work off the clock to do so) no room for error because "theres no reason you cant do it right the first time." not sure if upper management are aware of how their guys are being treated.
Trouble shooting and enjoyable customer relations
Foreman, Journeyman Electrician/ Installer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2017
Typical day at work started at 7:00 a.m. and ended at 4:00 p.m. I learned a new type of HVAC controller and some more management type skills. The workplace was a family type culture that was enjoyable. I love trouble shooting and that was what I thought was the most enjoyable part of the job. I also like to interact with customers and this was the second most enjoyable part.
Pros
company truck Fflexible hours
Cons
unorganized to an extent
Hard work but good pay.
Combo and Stainless Welder (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 10, 2017
These were just short shut down jobs. Good pay, long hours, worked with good people. The hardest part was being away from family out on the road. Would work here again.
lots of work
Welder Helper (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 25, 2017
I'am a bit younger then most of my coworkers but they have patience with me and teach me everything i need to learn. It is a huge learning experience.
It is a decent place to work.
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNMarch 19, 2017
The hardest part of the job was being talked down to by supervision. I learned how to be consistent and thorough. The most enjoyable part of the job was benefit such as, health, dental, and life insurance was very good. The culture is very diverse which was awesome.
Pros
Benefits and discounts.
Cons
Too much overtime. The women don't move up quickly.
work was not fun
Machine Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNMarch 6, 2017
Work consisted of the same thing everything. It was very routine and the higher ups do not care about the workers. They only car about getting stuff done. They honestly do not even care about the quality of the vehicles made in that plant. You can not expect 10/10 work, while paying sub par and hiring anyone off the street. None of the 18 year old workers there car about the quality of work they are doing.
Very productive
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSJanuary 28, 2017
I was on the market crew. We work on highways. We laid down stripes. The good thing about it the pay was good and you get all the jobs you want. The only probkem i got laid off
I worked alot
Tech position, (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 23, 2016
I like all my job,some of them hard but I like and I don't have any problem with my job.I work in Yates for 5 days from Sunday night through Thursday night I work in night shift.
Yates
Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 16, 2016
A typical day a Yates is pick the parts to put in Nissan cars. I learned how to work as a team. the management is good at helping you to do the best you can. The part of the job is keeping up with the line. The best part of the job is help to build a car.
Pros
Good pay, Good, management, good co-workers
Cons
Keeping up with the line.
Not the best place I've ever worked, but it's a solid job.
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 11, 2016
It's an automotive plant, run by company men. There's little regard for work/life balance. Lots of micro-management, and an overwhelming amount of bureaucratic favoritism. But they're in need of people, so it's easy to get hired and stay that way. It's also easy to get in trouble over petty policies and there's a severe lack of vacation time available. The plant shuts down for 2 weeks each summer and then a week and a half during Christmas. The problem is, your "vacation time" is predetermined for those periods. If you wish to take off any other time of the year, you get 3 days paid, 3 days unpaid. Past that, you're on corrective action. If you're cool with never seeing your family, this is the place for you.
Pros
Hard to get fired
Cons
Miserable work/life balance.
good benifits, little time off.
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 8, 2016
Okay company to work for. Bonuses yearly. didn't have a life to enjoy the money because you're always at work :(. yates workers did the same if not more than nissan workers only to get less money. unfair. they will prolong you becoming a full time nissan employee. favoritism and racism.
Associate Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNOctober 25, 2016
Work 5 sometime 6 days a week. I've learn a lot in Nissan it self, cars, and people etc. The most hard thing about Nissan is manual labor, it's rough on your body.
Workload fair
Material Analyst (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNOctober 9, 2016
The workload was fair but management let negative attitudes ruin the atmosphere. We worked as Nissan employees but did not get the team treatment and the same compensation as them.
Pros
pay was great
Cons
negative attitudes daily
Maintenace
Conveyor tech. (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNOctober 3, 2016
It's was a nice place to work,I was on weekend shift for 3 & 1/2 years it was starting to effect home life. So it was time for a change!
Worked around good people
Conveyor Maintenance\Tool&Die (Former Employee) –  Decherd, TNAugust 28, 2016
New what was expected to do day to day. Learned a lot from from my fellow workers.My boss was fair and honest liked that.Good people.When things had to be fixed quick.The people.
Pros
Cooked out alot
Cons
Short breaks had a call break down.