Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) Employee Reviews

Poor leadership
Practice Manager II (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZApril 3, 2019
Unfortunately the leadership of the clinics was poorly managed. Often would receive conflicting information on how to proceed with a particular issue. Leadership would "blame down" rather than accepting responsibility for their own inadequacies.
manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZMarch 27, 2019
have worked at better places with a more professional environment and better leadership. employee morale is at all time low, leadership doesn't take accountability for their inability to provide proper support and tools for success
Pros
pay
Cons
leadership
Fun workplace, excellent equipment, advanced procedures
Cardiovascular Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZMarch 19, 2019
Great place to work in a beautiful "small/growing" town. Very friendly and skilled coworkers in all departments. Oppportunities to get training on advanced procedures.
Cons
Cafeteria could use updating and expanding, but does have good food most days.
Solid working enviroment
Caremanager/Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZFebruary 16, 2019
Well structured hospital with good working conditions. Everyone seems to care about each other and all we can achieve for our patients and each other.
Family
Pharmacy Buyer (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZFebruary 11, 2019
Over the years the family was taken out of the working culture at YRMC. Unless you knew someone in the good ol' boys club, you were not going to get promoted.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Wages
EVS Aide / Linen Worker (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJanuary 13, 2019
While working there, I had very good experiences with co-workers, managers, and an overall feeling of acceptance & being part of a whole. The benefits offered are awesome
Pros
Discounted purchases on-site (with work badge)
Cons
Inter-departmental issues
Always short staffed
Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJanuary 8, 2019
Patient volume and services have increased. Additional staff would be needed to keep up with the demand. Overloaded employees trying to keep up and feeling overwhelmed.
Pros
Schedule, health insurance
Cons
Management does not care what you think
Best nursing job I've had
RN, (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJanuary 3, 2019
YRMC felt like "home" to me after working for many hospitals in many states. I agreed with management/ staff relationships. Always felt that from director of nursing to CEO were approachable.
Pros
Attempt to satisfy scheduling requests
Cons
Occasional staff/patient ratio.
Motivating,Team Oriented, Caring work enviroment
Nursing Assistant/ Unit Secretary/ Mentor (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZNovember 14, 2018
YRMC worked as a team to provided holistic total patient care. I was constantly and consistantly provided with educational opportunities to improve my skills and provide excellent patient care. I was home at YRMC.
Pros
friendly, caring co-workers, bonuses
Cons
sometimes short staffed
Fast paced working environment
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZNovember 3, 2018
I learned a lot with this job, but however have come to a point where I can no longer advance. The management in my department has rapidly declined and some of the company values are no longer met. I'm sure eith coaching it could greatly improve however.
Pros
On site lunches, good benefits, set hours
Cons
No help for childcare, or fmla compensation if family member gets sick. Lack of values and strong politics.
Low morale
Corporate Buyer (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZOctober 24, 2018
Sourced, negotiated and purchased capital equipment & supplies. Poor management. The culture is not embraced by management. Stagnate work environment.
Pros
Job security
A great place to work, excellent learning opportunities
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZOctober 10, 2018
I am grateful to Yavapai Regional Medical Center for all the skills I've learned and improved as a new nurse. I have worked at this hospital as a CNA and also as an RN. Both positions have given me the opportunity to learn and grow as a healthcare professional.
Upbeat, fast pace and fun
Admit Clerk, Insurance Authorization and Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZOctober 8, 2018
Floating between out patient, ER, OB and two hospitals doing registration and insurance benefits & eligibility which kept me busy all the time. I prefer this type of work.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
sometimes long hours were rough
very physical workload but good pay
Aide (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZSeptember 29, 2018
if you're willing to work hard for a decent paycheck and benefits, i'd say yrmc is worth it. i would suggest keeping to yourself, as workplace drama is frequent.
awful
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZSeptember 27, 2018
I wanted to become a CNA eventually in a hospital environment but my managment would rather see me quit than go anywhere other than under their thumb.
Productive and positive environment
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZSeptember 7, 2018
Once I was hired on I immediately caught on to all of the positions and tasks assigned to me, resulting in becoming a part time lead position. I expanded my knowledge on dietary needs and patient care alongside maintaining a hospital approved, clean working area.
Pros
Free food, Ast, amazing staff
Cons
Strict dress code, competitive
Hospital Coder (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 28, 2018
I really enjoyed working at YRMC and my supervisor/director was very knowledgeable and easy to get along with. If the pay had been better I would have never left.
Pros
benefits and work environment
Cons
pay
Yrmc
Lab Tech Aide/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 31, 2018
this is Yuma Regional Medical Center
not
Yavapai Regional Medical Center.

Yuma regional is the ONLY medical hospital in the area. no competition for health service, better or worse.

urgent care is the only other options for some type of emergency medical help
most enjoyable part of the job
Physical Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJuly 23, 2018
It was very professional and I thoroughly enjoyed with working one on one with physicians, nurses, therapists and patients. The hours are great and it really had a team feel.
Workplace
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJuly 19, 2018
I felt like upper management wanted more from the admitting clerks as in patients to register but there just isn’t enough people that actually come into the facility. Especially pregnant women they were using national average to set a certain goal for how many registrations were done in an 8hr shift but I feel like we can’t compete with national average because we do live in a rural area.
Pros
Some people I worked with
Cons
drama within department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC). Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) Reviews by Location