Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun workplace had fun interacting with fire and ambalance personnel
evs aide (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJuly 9, 2018
I enjoy the team I worked with the were very professional most of the time it was good but it did get very hecktic rapidly
I tried to clean best I could but it was very difficult to to it right because of always having to be ready in a second for a new patient. did not have the help I needed to to it right most of the time
Pros
got incentitive for no lost work days
Cons
no real boneses
A typical day
Community Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZJune 28, 2018
I am fortunate to work in a department where everyone gets along very well. We respect each other and care about each other. I am always asked if we have any openings because people want to work with us.
Pros
Great benefits and work hours
Cons
Low moral in other departments which creates high turnover
it's okay
RN (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZJune 14, 2018
Co-workers are great. Some of the managers are too but more often than not they are forced to make bad staffing decisions to please the upper management.
Pros
good PTO and pay
Cons
poor staffing
Busy, rewarding experience
HIM Specialist (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 20, 2018
Working in ROI you meet all kinds of people, If you are not a customer service type, this is not the job for you. Great attitude is appreciated and awarded. Pay scale is low but living in Prescott its what you can expect. Love my managers and directors, the hospital has a family atmosphere as long as you want to be aprt of it.
Pros
discount on lunches, awards, health benefits
Cons
slow raises
Wonderful place to work
Nutrition Services Aide (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 16, 2018
This is a non-profit organization where many volunteers work each day and everyone I've met has been very helpful and friendly. The training and orientation programs are exceptional. Doctors and support staff are highly skilled. Patient reviews are exceptional as well and the food is great!
Productive and very busy
Medical Assistant Clinical Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 2, 2018
The company was a very nice facility however it was too far to drive from where I was living at the current time, I had to move out the valley due to personal circumstances and traveling expensive. Due to the emergency and crisis situation I was facing I had to put in a 2 week notice to resign because I had to relocate.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Driving distance
beautiful facility and run professionally
Patty Jones was my supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZApril 24, 2018
I really felt like the administration took good care of us, the employees, and we took care of the patients. It gave me a feeling of satisfaction to serve and help those who were hurting or ill. I worked on an orthopedic wing as a CNA and it was my job to take vital signs, help patients to the restroom, walk patients with knee replacements, hip replacements, and back surgeries. Most of the people I worked with were motivated and excellent at their jobs.
Pros
Opportunity to help people.
Cons
Sometimes rules were too stiff not allowing for adaptation.
Excellent employer, great place to work
Remote Contract Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZApril 6, 2018
Not for profit community hospital. Attentive management, open communication, even with administration. Friendly staff.
Typical day at work went by quickly, always busy with coding, coding staff, and patient accounting staff.
Located in Central Arizona high country, drawing patients from a wide variety of communities.
Growing Heart care program. Multi specialty physicians.
Pros
Education opportunities, open communication
Cons
n/a
High turn over
ER Admitting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMarch 28, 2018
They are not able to keep people in this department due to high turn over nobody is allowed to take PTO, constantly training new people, management is horrible and pay is way to low for cost of living in area.
Pros
Nursing staff is great, cafeteria food is good
Cons
pay sucks, high turn over
Managers vs Team members
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZ 86301March 22, 2018
If you are not in management for this company, you must watch everything you do. Their Mission, Vision and Values are somewhat of a joke. If you are a team member then management can speak to you however they want. But if you react to something they say, then you are in the wrong.
If you are tall and have a deep voice you are automatically intimidating.
If the job you do takes 2 people and the other person quits, they expect you to still do ALL the work, but no further compensation will be given.
Pros
medical ins. is the best
Cons
newly appointed managers and their stress
Horrible place to work
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMarch 16, 2018
Very short staffed and you are expected to make do and when you can't you are reprimanded. Very disorganized. Department goals were always changing so they were never attainable. Management is a disaster. Very fast to point the finger and pass the buck. They never took responsibility when issues would arise. It did no good to express your needs or concerns. Very frustrating place to work if you are trying to be a good employee but keep getting the rug pulled out from under you. If things did go right management always took responsibility for it and employees did not get recognition they deserved. I'm so glad I no longer work there even though I loved my job.
Time spent with patients
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMarch 15, 2018
not very well managed, did not listed to your complaints, opinions, options, how to manage situations differently and better with patients. What patients would like to see change.
Pros
not well managed
Cons
hours
Teamwork is amazing at YRMC
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse - ED (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZFebruary 24, 2018
Working at YRMC was an incredible experience. The coworkers and physicians I worked with on a daily basis were phenomenal. I have yet to work somewhere else with as effective communication between team members and cooperation between coworkers involving patient care.
Pros
Team attitude
Cons
Pay
I loved working for YRMC. See below.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZFebruary 17, 2018
I worked in-house for about 7 years and then at home for 5 years. I retired but went back after about 1 year and worked prn at home. This was a wonderful company to work for and I was sorry to leave but I knew they were going to outsource and decided to retire again.
Pros
Good vacation time off, good pay and good medical care.
Cons
Not many cons.
I love what i do, & the staff i work with
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJanuary 23, 2018
the best place of employment would:
value staff that value what they do:
give them ample, supportive resources, with valuable benefits.
value your staff, and they will value you
Friendly and knowledgeable workplace
Physical rehab technician (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJanuary 15, 2018
Great staff and management. would recommend friends to work here. I came from a background in personal training and wanted to learn more about my field and pursue physical therapy. The staff and management was very helpful in training.
they are a good facility
RN Med/Surg/Tele (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZDecember 29, 2017
Each department has their own ups and downs, it is dificult to rate this facility as has been a few years since I've worked there. unclear if management has changed or not
Management needs to work on their skills
Full time Employee (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZDecember 18, 2017
Mission Values are only used by management when it is appropriate. Management ignores you when you need help and if you send correspondence requesting assistance, don't expect a reply or response. Accountability, Commitment and Quality as well as Respect and Integrity are not something that management holds to a high standard especially when they are in the wrong and they know it. Turnover in departments is insane and so they work everyone even harder so when people are hired, people quit because they don't see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Pros
RN Staff, Techs and employees are great to work with.
Cons
Management has a lot to be considered.
Management not held to any standards
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZNovember 27, 2017
Even as a nurse practitioner, my job was frequently threatened. I had a license to protect, but heaven forbid that I ask the medical assistant to get a "last menstrual period" date before giving an MMR! I was just told to sign off what she had done that day, without first giving a medical order for her to do it. Management would never entertain any notion of what was best for the department as a whole -- The first one to complain was always right in their eyes. Too much liability, no say in how things happened. Not for me.
Pros
Pay was competitive
Cons
Serious liability issues
Known Issues
Emergency Department/ I.V. Technician (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZNovember 11, 2017
This place is very well aware of the deficiencies that occur within their culture. The hostile environment existed well before I was ever hired. Existing management is not oblivious to it as they have been established there for a number of years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC). Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight