Year Up logo
Year Up

Year Up Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Work-Life Balance

• Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun Learning Environment

I was a paid student at Year Up NCR receiving coaching and skill development in the following track specialties: Frontline Sales/Customer Support or Software Development/Quality Assurance.

I would not recommend this to my dog

This program is a waste of time and money I would not recommend this program to my dog, save your self,time, and your wallet, spend $2000 on clothes, $20 for parking, 98% get kicked out of program

Great Place

YearUp advocates the opportunity gap and the company does it extremely well. My experience at YearUp was great and they did exactly what they said that they would do. Experience and Job growth were two main goals of the company and at almost 80% of the time, they exceeded it.

Computer knowledge

Year up taught me the basis of computers m, which theyater set me up for a intern and further more job opportunities with well know Fortune 500 companies

positive vibes

The work environment is filled with warmth, care, and helpful employees. The salon is very neat and is in fine condition allowing every employee to feel comfortable.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Fast paced environment

Great environment to start out in the corporate world. Very supportive coworkers. Pretty conservative environment. Always encouraging professional growth and seeking opportunities.

Pros

Excellent management

Cons

Low work load

Recommended for 18 - 24 year old young adults,

Year Up is an excellent IT training program that changed the course of my life and I would recommend anyone else who wants to change the direction of their life for the better to apply to Year Up. Earn while you learn.

Empowering urban talent to reach their potential

Millions of young adults in this country are facing social and economic injustice. Despite talent and motivation, they lack access to higher education and careers that provide them with a living wage. At the same time, our economy needs help. U.S. businesses are calling for more and better-trained talent to compete on the global stage, but there will not be enough skilled workers to meet that demand.Year Up is a program that emphasizes academic and professional rigor, setting expectations high for quality of work and professional behavior. A strong structure guiding students through the steps necessary for achieving success in the classroom and the workplace.

Benefits

Fun and productive place to work

This is a great place to work. You really do work hard and have fun everyday.

Pros

Have fun

Cons

Work Hard Have Fun! Staff truly care for one another and everyone works hard to honor the mission

On a day to day basis your interacting with the students to ensure their success. As staff we have to model the professional behavior and set the tone. We work hard, but the students' come first. We work tirelessly to satisfy all stakeholders, including our community and corporate partners. This all comes with a high reward. The hardest part of the job can be keeping emotion in check, when you're working to change lives, it's hard not to be emotional.

Pros

You get to SEE the change every year in our young adults, the team camaraderie, high expectations, benefits

Cons

workload can be intense

Jobs at Year Up

See more jobs

Mission Driven

A typical day at Year Up is fun and fulfilling. I've learned how to create my own work life balance by leaving work at work and home at home. The hardest part of working for Year Up is the many hats you wear and not feeling like you have to complete every single task assigned in one day. I love the culture at Year Up and it is one of the best places to work.

Pros

Serving Young Adults through their path of success

Cons

Mission driven organization with uneven management

Compensation and benefits is great for a non-profit; wages are often dependent on the EDCulture/Values - I found that management, in particular, often did not practice what they preached. Feedback is lacking in the organizationJob security/advancement -- again, depends on the ED. Its really unclear what you have to do in order to advance. Management is sure to promote themselvesWork/Life Balance stinks. Work is all consuming. People have 3-4 jobs rolled into one. Its impossible to find balance.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

inability to advance

N/a

A typical day at Year Up is working toward the mission, which closing the opportunity divide. This involves recruting, interviewing, and selecting young people to be part of the program, and supporting them while they are in the progam, which involves mentoring young adults.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

work/life balance