Yellowstone Club Employee Reviews

The Yellowstone Club
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Big Sky, MTJuly 12, 2018
There is a break down in communication between departments and management.
I've learned that I want more from an employer such as being viewed as valuable in the workplace as well as providing me the tools to become more successful.
The most challenging part of the job is commuting from Bozeman
The Yellowstone Club offers some employee housing but it is expensive.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be my colleagues and getting to know good people from many different places around the world.
Pros
Free lunches, health benefits for key seasonal workers
Cons
health care coverage, too many orientation meetings every season, manangement
Good pay, not my kind of atmosphere
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTApril 29, 2018
The job itself was fine. Managers were fine. Pay was good. However, I felt a little like I was selling my soul, working for absurdly rich people at a very over-the-top luxurious, elaborate resort.
Great people to work with, good compensation
Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTApril 29, 2018
The people that work for the Yellowstone Club are fun and work hard. I enjoyed getting to know my co-workers and had a great time as a ski instructor. The mountain is fun and most of the clients are great--just like at any ski are.
Pros
Free lunch, good tips
Cons
All of the nit-picky rules about presentation before guests
Young workers
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTApril 25, 2018
They don't treat people very good. So they run off good mature workers. People that advance are young with no life experience or leadership skills. A lot of people in leadership positions are immature with no leadership skills.
Pros
Free lunch, free ski pass, free transportation
Cons
no breaks, 4 hour unpaid commute
Yellowstone is just an amazing place
Restraunt server (Current Employee) –  Big Sky, MTApril 14, 2018
It's a beautiful place to have fun an adventure on all it's mountains... to ski .. I also love the food an all the members that you meet... some great billionaires who is always excited to speak to all there server.
No advancement, good pay if your willing to our up with it.
Snowcat Operator (Current Employee) –  Big Sky, MTApril 1, 2018
It's hard because you have to reapply for job every season change. That's Summer and winter, changing from one job to another. It gets old and the Club can be stressful.
Well-paying seasonal employment
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MT 59716March 17, 2018
Worked for Yellowstone Club over the winter months plowing. The pay was exceptional and the company was great to work for. If I am ever in need of employment again I would consider this company.
Good money but workers are extremely overworked and their well-being isn't considered
Hostess/Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTMarch 11, 2018
While working at the Yellowstone Club as a hostess I did make good money and was available to work long shifts and got overtime, those were the only pros. The Yellowstone Club doesn't care about the well being of there employees and the management is abysmal
Pros
Plenty of opportunity to work long hours and overtime if desired
Cons
No breaks, over worked, poor management
Trabajo excelente
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  MontanaFebruary 22, 2018
Muy buen trabajo con hospedaje para empleado y buen sueldo
Fun and interesting place to work. I met some great people; both co-workers and members.
Server (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTFebruary 14, 2018
Yellowstone Club is located in Big Sky, Montana.
It is one of the world's private ski and golf course.
It is a beautiful place and caters to multi-millionaires.
A typical day at work would be clocking in at 6:30 am.
I worked in the Warren Miller Lobby at Lakeside, where we served a buffet breakfast from 8:00 am to 10:30 pm. Upon arriving, various tasks had to be completed such as lighting the sterns, preparing coffee, putting out the orange juice, bagels, oatmeal, fresh fruit, pastries, and other food items. It was quite a sumptuous offering.
We made custom espresso drinks and health smoothies. There was always quite a crowd in the morning. It was fast-paced, and one got to know members by name. I was there for three and a half years and enjoyed every minute.
Pros
Paid well. Provided lunch during shift. Meeting interesting people.
Cons
Lack of suitable housing in Big Sky itself.

Want to know more about Yellowstone Club?

Ask a question
Very awsome place to work
Shuttle Driver CDl Bus Driver private ski resort (Current Employee) –  Big Sky, MTFebruary 8, 2018
The manigers and hr deparment are amazing theY help you be successful in your job and make sure you do you job to the best of your abilities.
During winter gets crazy busy with members
Snow is amazing
They have one free meal each day for employees when you work
Also once a month employee ski day
Lots of different jobs to chose from
Friendly coworkers
Fun time to ski work and enjoy the montana lifestyle
Poor Management
Lodge Keeper (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTFebruary 6, 2018
My women supervisor was not nice and unprofessional. Picked out the things you did wrong more than the things you do right. Other than that, I like my coworkers. The other staff was fun and I am still friends with some of them.
Pros
Free lunches, cool perks
Cons
Bad managment
Great people, great environment
Full Time Gardener (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTFebruary 1, 2018
This is a great place to work depending on what job title you have. Working in outdoor pursuits is awesome. I do what I love all day and get paid for it.
Best Expierence as an Intern
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MT 59716January 22, 2018
Yellowstone club was beautiful and I worked with experienced workers making operations run successfully. Management was great at the golf club with nothing but positive things to say about them.
Unrewarding and disorganized. Dont waste your time
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTNovember 16, 2017
It's such a disorganized disaster, with poor communication and a sexist attitude. I worked there 7 years and was treated as an inferior gnat despite the vast responsibility and expectations associated with my position. I'm glad to move on to my next adventure where my knowledge, experience, and good work ethic will be appreciated.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Free lunch makes you sick
great compensation and benefits no matter the department
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Big Sky, MTOctober 18, 2017
Though my compensation and benefits were great, I've never experienced such poor infrastructure and management before. The highest ranked individuals were often times oblivious to corruption or incompetence of other individuals named as managers and supervisors. Departments such as the emergency response teams and human resources were left without power and could not serve their true purpose of helping and protecting others. Focus was placed on the "image" of the Club without realizing or caring that the image could be fixed and improved by fixing the infrastructure issues. Though I loved my job, my coworkers, and one of my managers, I experienced many issues with other management that made it undesirable to work there.
Pros
one free meal, free ski passes to the local mountains, discounts on gyms and phone accounts, and amazing insurance
Cons
breaks aren't recognized, no ability to get exercise due to lack of breaks
busy place to work
Crew Lead, Housekeeping Department (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTSeptember 24, 2017
Good place to work except for the long commute and some of the management. You get free lunches but there is just a cafeteria. It is in a beautiful setting and you deal with high profile memebers.
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTAugust 31, 2017
Great place to work. Was super fun to work here. Wonderful managers with great snow all the time. Seriously smoke everyday! Was an incredible place to work.
Very well trained staff
Garde manger, sauté and line cook (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTAugust 30, 2017
Very well trained staff. As long as you are willing to learn they are willing to teach. Up beat environment where you get in as much as you give out!!!!
Geat place to work!
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Big Sky, MTAugust 7, 2017
Great experience with a lot to learn from some very talented chefs along with a beautiful living environment. Theres tons of opprtunity for motivated individuals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yellowstone Club. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight