Yelp Employee Reviews

Great Workplace culture
Elite Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Yelp was a fantastic place to work. Management really cared about their employees and stressed a very transparent mode of communication. Company needs to work on retaining their employees better by giving them more opportunities to grow.
Pros
Free food all day, Barista offers free coffee, great people.
Cons
Non-flexible hours, not enough autonomy, barely any communication across departments
High energy sales environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 7, 2018
It was great to work for a company where people push you to be your best, and help you fight towards reaching your quota. My team and manager were always there for me when i needed them, and i was there for them when they needed me.
Yelp has the potential to be a great place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2018
Yelp has the potential to be a great place to work. There's pool & ping pong tables, kegs to enjoy after the work day, coffee shop in house. On paper, you'd be excited to work at this place. There's so much opportunity to make great money working at Yelp. You have your base salary + commission.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
toxic environment
productive, fun workplace
Associate Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2018
It's a great sales job, they have a wonderful training program, they are supportive, and the culture can be fun. Although they reiterate the importance of respecting sales prospects and recommending what is best for them, management does put pressure on employees to "do what ever it takes" to make the largest sum of money as possible each day, despite the fact that it might not be helpful to the sales prospect. They are supportive and recognize employee's hard work, but there is a tremendous amount of pressure put on managers and sales reps each month. That part of the job was unfortunate, but I did gain valuable experience in communications and marketing strategies.
Pros
great benefits, office, and snacks
Cons
cold calling the same sales prospects multiple times
Best Place I've worked
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2018
Yelp is an amazing company to work for, for the most part. I worked in the Phoenix, AZ office and overall enjoyed every minute of it. The benefits, work life balance, people and atmosphere, are all stellar.

The one fault was with management. There is a very youthful culture which lends to youthful management. This is not always the best situation. There was an air of favoritism amongst management as a result.
Its a nightmare
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2018
I would never work here again or refer anyone. Management is constantly yelling at people as if they are not adults. You're job is to pick up the phone and harass business owners day after day. If you don't believe in Yelp you will get a stern talking to. The job is a recycling bin, people come and more get recruited. Some drop within the first few day some after 6 months then towards a year you don't even see the same people you started with. Its madness
Pros
Free lunch and event
Cons
Commission and Management
Great palce to work
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 12, 2018
Great first job to have right out of college. Good for honing skills in sales and management, great culture and a fun work environment. Also has some good benefits like a stocked kitchen.
Fun place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2018
I loved my time at Yelp mainly due to the company's fun and positive culture. Work can get frustrating and tedious at times but that comes with any job. Would love to go back to Yelp again. Had to move cities because of family issues, would have stayed and worked my way up if given a chance!!
Great Culture surrounding a typical telemarketing position
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2018
The company does a great job at dressing up the Telemarketing position to be more than what it is. The job itself is monotonous but the company culture makes sure that everything else outside of the actual workload is great.
Pros
Great Company Culture
Cons
Same job everyday with nothing to mix it up.
Yelp is a Great Place to Work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 30, 2018
Yelp was a breath of fresh air in the corporate world. Everyone working there were open, honest and friendly. I truly believed that the entire company wanted each employee to succeed not only at Yelp but beyond.
Pros
Cons
No Cons
Good place needs better execution
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 25, 2018
Good job if they give you a good territory to work with. If you can stay focused and avoid all of the high school shenanigans. They have since gotten rid of their contracted services from what I hear so this may open alot of doors for people in the coming years.
Fun environment with coffee shop, kegs, and ping pong tables.
Junior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2018
Great environment to dive headfirst into sales. Phenomenal training and a very supportive group around you. Everyone there is willing to teach you how to succeed.
Pros
Well stocked kitchen, sales training, healthcare benefits.
Cons
Oftentimes toxic environments generated by poor managers
Great growth potential
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 23, 2018
This is a forced review, but Yelp is a solid 3 to 3.5 stars. If you are ambitious and early in your career it is a great place to grow a new career. Not so great if you are well established in San Francisco.
Not a great place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 23, 2018
I only worked here a very short time but Yelp was not a good fit for me. My boss and I did not get along and after joining I quit shortly after. Good luck!
Community Ambassador
COMMUNITY AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 19, 2018
Easily the most fun and rewarding job but the pay didn't match up for all the work that goes into this role. It was a great way to network and meet influential business owners. I litterally saw my boss three times the whole two years I was employed so this is great for those who are autonomous hard workers.
Pros
travel
Cons
pay
Very vibrant work culture.They provide great work life balance,however I felt my career was stagnant.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2018
I was looking for a more competitive atmosphere. As I mentioned I felt my career growth was stagnant and wouldntake to long despite great performance to continue to grow. Very nice culture but with my experience in sales and management I desired more for myself. I felt as if I was working amongst young immature college kids notnworrhinf about making money.
Pros
Free lunch, great health care benefits, recognize performance.
Cons
Gets old, felt depressing going through motions
Its a place to work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2018
Yelp is a big mix of cold calling, amazing people, rejection, and stress. You do learn a bunch if you try. Its stressful and management can be tough and corporate life can be difficult.
Pros
people and goldfish
Cons
cold calling and managment
Yelp is Pretty Alright
Account Executive - Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 11, 2018
Calling business owners who have heard of Yelp 10000 times.
How to effectively call business owners who've been called a lot.
Management is just doing their job and does indeed want you to succeed.
Pros
People are nice
Cons
Seems a bit near-sited
Job for Frat boys and Sorority girls
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2018
I once was told that if I didnt make a certain number of calls by noon I would be asked to do jumping jacks by my desk. I was in heels and a skirt. The days counting down until my departure started that day
Time is a flat circle
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
For any sales job you would need to work as much as possible to get any rewards. However, same leads, same territories, and no hope for anything better unless you meet Target. NOT Quota, Target. Young and inexperienced management, loosely professional working environment. Great startup feel for right out of college, entry level workers.

Yelp is what it is, need energy, and ability to tolerate redundant work.
Pros
free lunches, breakfast, and great people
Cons
redundant work, strict 8-5, a lot of work, and not a lot of reward.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yelp. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight