Yes! Communities Employee Reviews

Treats employees and residents poorly
Collector (Former Employee) –  IowaFebruary 18, 2019
Staff receive no respect or training. New residents are deceived and given incorrect information or not informed of important regulations which they find out about after the lease is signed.
Pros
Short commute
Cons
No training, gossip, passive-aggressive management
Was a good job when the community was doing good.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Was a good job when the community was doing good. If the community is not doing well. the company will try to get rid of you. I would recommend if you have a family. The job takes a lot out of you and away from your family.
Poor management
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2019
Terrible company to work for. Management is disrespectful, rude, and nitpicky. Cannot “be yourself” had to have every email reviewed by supervisor prior to sending. Everyone does everything wrong in their eyes.
Pros
Free lunches, team building
Cons
Disrespectful, terrible company
Working at Yes the Facts!
Regional Manager of Maintenance Operations (Former Employee) –  North East TexasJanuary 24, 2019
Yes would like you to believe they care about employees and residents, they spent millions one week last year to have us all in Denver. The old saying Not what you say but what you do, applies here. They say a lot but make no mistake they are not interested in the truth if the truth hurts the bottom line and or protected employees. Maybe they have a good thing elsewhere but the Northe East Texas Region was hardly a place I would recommend anyone working and or living in these communities. I have seen good in the employees but not upper management. I was in upper management and saw many of the things I speak about. There are good managers and great maintenance personal this region could be an awesome place to work. Maybe Yea will open its eyes when they get enough complaints.
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
Poor upper management, Rude upper management, less concerned about safety and more concerned about money
Amazing Workplace & Skill Builder
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 19, 2019
Yes! Communities completely changed my life. They truly have taken the time to train and mentor me and help to build my sales skills. They offer tons of resources to learn your trade and the pay is great.
Pros
Great pay, paid time off, health/vision/dental insurance, 401k
Not For The Weak
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  IowaJanuary 6, 2019
Very fast paced, always something to be done. You have to be motivated and organized to stay ahead. If you have the drive to succeed then you will love your job, if not you will hate it.
Pros
Pay, Advancement opportunity, Yearly paid travel meetings, invest in your training.
Cons
Long hours, cliques, gossip, communication
Great environment
Property Manager/Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 27, 2018
Yes! Communities is a very diverse company and i and grateful that i found this company. I enjoy coming to work each and everyday, because i have fun and love the culture!!
Pros
commission and bonuses
Great Company as a whole
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GANovember 20, 2018
Not all policies are followed. Alot of favoritism drives promotions. The properties are great. The company as a whole is great as well. Depending on the pro folio manager you will like working for them. Great compensation packages
Pros
Home discounts, great compensation
Cons
Favortism in promotions
Rm are bias and YES high ups dont know.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  KalamazooNovember 18, 2018
The overall company is great but if the RM does not like you then your fired, mine had no YES standards, micro managed and literally cussed me out during a discussion.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Pay, Rm
Upper management are snakes. VP and regional are bias and only want young girls.stay away. Above normal expections for the pay and treatment.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 23, 2018
No matter how dedicated and a hard worker one is your job is not safe. If VP don't like you you will be fired ! Employees are not respected. Drama throughout the entire company.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No morals, hateful management
Everything is lookin up to date with this job
Cook (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAOctober 20, 2018
I’m trying to help my family because they don’t got work so hard and I can buy my own stuff. I hope I get the job I’m a good cook. I will always be on time
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
It' a job
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCSeptember 23, 2018
The pay is below average for this job and management was not the best. It was a very stressful environment to work in. The turnover rate is high but for very good reason. The company rips people off.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
The pay is below average
Yes Communities was a great opportunity
LEASING AND SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GASeptember 11, 2018
I believe in the culture of Yes Communities. Unfortunately things came to an end sooner that i expected. I had intentions on working for this company for 5 years instead of 2 years.
Pros
Workplace Culture
Cons
Upper Management
Redefining the True Meaning of Amazing Company Culture
Manager, Talent Strategy (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 11, 2018
Collaboration, open-dialogue, transparency - these to me are the 3 pillars of creating and sustaining an amazing culture - and one that you get from YES! the minute you walk in the door. The employees are happy to be at work, there is always a great level of energy among the teams, and the engagement from the leadership team is refreshing. There are no silos - everyone truly works with everyone else.
Pros
Your advancement and development potential has no limits
Bad Regional management
Community Manager/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MI 48603August 22, 2018
Yes concepts is good but it all depends on the regional management on how things are handled. Yes policy is Yes we can help which is a good policy but again if your regional does not follow this policy it makes your job difficult
Pros
good $ incentives
Cons
not reciving your $ incentives lack of follow through
Collaborative and Opportunity
Vice President of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2018
Great company culture and a collaborative environment. People are really happy at YES! and it shows. The executive team is open to new ideas and encourage them. The team works hard, but there is work life balance which is extremely important. Great mixture of employees backgrounds, ages and career history which aids in industry perspective. This is a company of great opportunity with an emphasis on its employees. One of the best career moves I've made.
Pros
Executive team is very engaged and open to new opportunities and suggestions.
Good Place to work
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2018
Yes was a great place to work I was there for a little over a year I worked for the best team in the company in FL and I really miss the opportunity but I had to relocate.
I wish I knew then what I know now!!!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time with YES! They truly give CM the ability to drive their own ship. They give outstanding training and support. I wish I had been more mature during my time there. A truly great place to work.
Pros
travel for corporate meeting yearly, support from home office
Cons
if regional doesnt like you you are not going to last, clickish
No work life balance
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 25, 2018
You will work and work and work and be kept way after hours at all times. There are very little rewards or motivation to their managers. You will be pushed to sell homes and drive your staff.
Relaxed work place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 24, 2018
This was a nice, quite, Relaxed place to work. "Do what you love and you never work a day in your life." - this quote fits yes communities perfectly. I would recommend working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yes! Communities. Our community is ready to answer.