Yes! Communities Employee Reviews

Great Company as a whole
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GANovember 20, 2018
Not all policies are followed. Alot of favoritism drives promotions. The properties are great. The company as a whole is great as well. Depending on the pro folio manager you will like working for them. Great compensation packages
Pros
Home discounts, great compensation
Cons
Favortism in promotions
Rm are bias and YES high ups dont know.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  KalamazooNovember 18, 2018
The overall company is great but if the RM does not like you then your fired, mine had no YES standards, micro managed and literally cussed me out during a discussion.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Pay, Rm
Upper management are snakes. VP and regional are bias and only want young girls.stay away. Above normal expections for the pay and treatment.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 23, 2018
No matter how dedicated and a hard worker one is your job is not safe. If VP don't like you you will be fired ! Employees are not respected. Drama throughout the entire company.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No morals, hateful management
Everything is lookin up to date with this job
Cook (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAOctober 20, 2018
I’m trying to help my family because they don’t got work so hard and I can buy my own stuff. I hope I get the job I’m a good cook. I will always be on time
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
It' a job
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCSeptember 23, 2018
The pay is below average for this job and management was not the best. It was a very stressful environment to work in. The turnover rate is high but for very good reason. The company rips people off.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
The pay is below average
Yes Communities was a great opportunity
LEASING AND SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GASeptember 11, 2018
I believe in the culture of Yes Communities. Unfortunately things came to an end sooner that i expected. I had intentions on working for this company for 5 years instead of 2 years.
Pros
Workplace Culture
Cons
Upper Management
Redefining the True Meaning of Amazing Company Culture
Manager, Talent Strategy (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 11, 2018
Collaboration, open-dialogue, transparency - these to me are the 3 pillars of creating and sustaining an amazing culture - and one that you get from YES! the minute you walk in the door. The employees are happy to be at work, there is always a great level of energy among the teams, and the engagement from the leadership team is refreshing. There are no silos - everyone truly works with everyone else.
Pros
Your advancement and development potential has no limits
Bad Regional management
Community Manager/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MI 48603August 22, 2018
Yes concepts is good but it all depends on the regional management on how things are handled. Yes policy is Yes we can help which is a good policy but again if your regional does not follow this policy it makes your job difficult
Pros
good $ incentives
Cons
not reciving your $ incentives lack of follow through
Collaborative and Opportunity
Vice President of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2018
Great company culture and a collaborative environment. People are really happy at YES! and it shows. The executive team is open to new ideas and encourage them. The team works hard, but there is work life balance which is extremely important. Great mixture of employees backgrounds, ages and career history which aids in industry perspective. This is a company of great opportunity with an emphasis on its employees. One of the best career moves I've made.
Pros
Executive team is very engaged and open to new opportunities and suggestions.
Good Place to work
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2018
Yes was a great place to work I was there for a little over a year I worked for the best team in the company in FL and I really miss the opportunity but I had to relocate.
I wish I knew then what I know now!!!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time with YES! They truly give CM the ability to drive their own ship. They give outstanding training and support. I wish I had been more mature during my time there. A truly great place to work.
Pros
travel for corporate meeting yearly, support from home office
Cons
if regional doesnt like you you are not going to last, clickish
No work life balance
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 25, 2018
You will work and work and work and be kept way after hours at all times. There are very little rewards or motivation to their managers. You will be pushed to sell homes and drive your staff.
Relaxed work place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 24, 2018
This was a nice, quite, Relaxed place to work. "Do what you love and you never work a day in your life." - this quote fits yes communities perfectly. I would recommend working here.
Horrible company
Maintenance worked (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXJune 22, 2018
Worked at Redword at the Lake. Went through 5 managers in 3 years. Was lied to, taken advantage, corporate does not care about the employees or the community. Every thing is done cheap and never fixed correctly. They will blame the maintenance when it is the management. They hid and throw away work orders. Residents do not have trust for who works there.
Cons
nice place to work, low pay
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2018
show up at work, clean the grounds. get the work orders and start repairs. go pick up parts and complete the jobs. check work orders and plan the next day.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
low pay
too many chiefs
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 14, 2018
company is too large and has too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I loved it when I first came, however as we grew there was less and less listening to the little guys. People with much less and I do mean much less experience were considered for positions before I was. I feel like I am a replaceable number in a vast amount of numbers within the company that amount to nothing.
Progressive property management company with excellent culture
District Manager / Property Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
Yes Communities culture allows me to run my 746 site property like it's my own business. Employing over 15 people on staff, I'm free to motivate, direct, and make financial decisions that I think are best for the property and residents. Our residents drive our business, so commitment to customer service and effective are required. A typical day would be holding daily meetings with staff, driving or walking the property, reviewing financial reports, and finding different ways of making the property perform at its full potential.
Pros
Freedom to plan your own day
Great company but no job advancement and poor management
Sales Agents (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 22, 2018
The Company is great, benefits are good,and the commissions when you sell a home make it worthwhile. Managers treat their employees as second class citizens. Unfair practice of nepotism. You end up doing some of the manager's work, also everything and anything is at "manager's discretion" . Only managers get to have Saturdays off and leave early for leisure purposes. Don't want to pay overtime when Saturdays are required to be worked, they instead make you take half a day or a day off so you don't incur the overtime. ETC.......
Pros
Benefits, Commissions and PTO
Cons
No Family life, "If you are not a manager it does not apply to you"
productive and easy going work environment
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 9, 2018
The days go by fast with a consistent and steady workload.I learned all around home maintenance because it is a module home community. The management and staff are friendly and typically will do what what ever is needed to help you with getting the job done.
Nightmare ..Crisis Management!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 21, 2018
I was very excited about my opportunity but once there I realized how dysfunctional and unethical it was to work in that culture. Reactive and Crisis mode 24-7 meaning LACK of REAL MANAGEMENT ABILITY!
Pros
Benefits and Bonus
Cons
Lack of Professionalism Lack of Management Lack of ETHICS, LACK of knowledge how to run an efficient operations!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yes! Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about