YESCO Employee Reviews

Hostile unprofessional management
Reno, NV (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 10, 2018
Really nice coworkers, interesting industry, terrible management. Nepotism is rampant; unequal treatment and unfair pay favor any who are related to the manager. Favoritism and lack of promotional opportunity, harsh criticism, disorganized, culture of yelling & open hostility, lack of positive feedback/appreciation, extremely low employee morale
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Nepotism, favoritism, hostility
hardly the same thing
Service (Former Employee) –  KSOctober 7, 2018
hardly the same thing everyday. Got to work alone at your own pace with plenty of trouble shooting. Nothing was ever to hard or to easy. basic common sense will get you a long way.
Solid Company with Limitless Growth Potential
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 4, 2018
This is a great company with a strong market position and many competitive advantages.
Leadership is questionable at times and sales organization and strategy is fragmented, at best.
Decent compensation but poor benefits package.
Pros
Interesting application
Cons
Poor leadership.
high volume stressfull workplace
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 19, 2018
Owners and managers have a "Get it out the door" attitude towards quality, jobs are rushed and in consistent due to high turnover rate in staff. Shop is often unclean, and unsafe.
Work was fun
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 11, 2018
I enjoyed the work I did. I did not like my manager as they thought they knew everything and were threatened by my knowledge of inventory management. the people I worked with were awesome
Good workplace
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 19, 2018
Teamwork implemented, learned a lot from my boss and co worker, Management are reliable. No hardship at work. The most enjoyable part of the job is when helping each other at our job place.
Work was enjoyable, as long as management kept their distance.
Sheet Metal (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 10, 2018
Salary was fair, insurance was ridiculously expensive (almost double other jobs I've had), work was enjoyable but unpredictable (feast or famine workload), management was terrible, culture on the shop floor was terrible (lots of toxic gossip and drama).
Pros
Fun work
Cons
A handful of toxic employees
Great Place
Interior Installer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2018
Yesco was a great place work if you had any problems they were always there to make sure you knew exactly what you were doing.............................................
Pros
Overtime as needed
Cons
missed breaks
Great Place - Good People - Too Much Religion
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 9, 2018
While I totally loved the environment and the people, the overall "Mormon" culture was overwhelming and often left me feeling "not part of the team". I'm told their board meetings are opened with a prayer.
Disgusting company
A job (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 31, 2018
Negotism. Discrimination theft. Unless you are friends with Queen Bee cl your out of luck. The most horrid disgusting co workers I have ever endured. Management is crazy. Drug infested co workers. It was a death sentence. If you had the right last name either with owners or fellow employees you were ok, just a total unprofessional group. I have never seen negotism like this place. HR is not on your side to help.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this place
Sign Maker
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 3, 2017
I enjoyed working at YESCO. The culture was a fair paste. Most people were friendly and hard working. The manager was understanding and flexible.

The type of work I did at YESCO was we made signs, lights and chemicals to wash materials in an assembly line. I learned how to cut materials and also made ceiling. I had a good relationship with my supervisor. Also I was always on time and made sure my job was done accordingly. It was a fast paste job with a team of people. Everyone was nice and friendly and I really enjoyed working with everyone.
working outside was challenging because of the cold or hot weather at times. The most enjoyable part of my work was to install the light because it was a lot easier
Pros
Great culture and environment to work at
Cons
Run out work
Quick paced fast learning environment with a competitive atmosphere
Sheet Metal Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2017
They taught me everything I know when it comes to sign fabrication. I appreciate learning everything that I have. I do enjoy building and fabricating. Using machinery, power tools, and all the tools in my tool box.
Pros
Mandatory raises every three to six months. Genuinely enjoyed the work i didm
Cons
No breaks only luch. No paid medication with healthcare.
Out of business
Final Assembler (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 30, 2017
The location I worked at is no longer there. I worked as a temp for about a month. Was in the process of getting hired on(gone through orientation and everything) then they came to me the next day and said they had to lay off all the temps. Which technically I was still a temp. It was a little disheartening but I understand that its just business.
All in all a good place to work
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 4, 2017
Must be okay with hieghts and working in the the elements but its a good place to start in the industry nice work atmosphere easy to fit in and good people work there
Slow season for three months barely picks up in summer
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Chandler ArizonaMarch 22, 2017
Good company just don't want to crate when I have 2 welding certifications in GMAW. This company doesn't help you become what you want but rather put you into something you don't want to do
Pros
Paid holiday paid breaks
Cons
Short breaks low ball you money
Good Exp
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 6, 2017
Started with the company as a temp employee was hired on however multiple lay offs makes it hard to know if you have a job the next day other than that a good company.
Pros
people
Cons
hours
Great Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 24, 2017
I've worked at YESCO for 17 years and I'll be working for them until I retire. Owners care about their employees. The culture is based around family values. I've enjoyed the large network of employees from around the company.
Pros
People
Cons
Productive environment with not many fringe benefits
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 31, 2017
Worked there for a little over 5 years. Management of the software team aren't really used to dealing with people. If you have problems you are mostly left dealing with them on your own.
Cons
Benefits aren't very good
Collections Manager
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 17, 2017
I was responsible for contacting the business's that purchased from our company, make sure the PO and invoices matched, and collected the money that was owed.
I really enjoyed the challenges of trying to see how much I could collect for them.
I also enjoyed learning from all the great people there.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Laid off
Hostile work environment
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 28, 2016
I never knew what I was going to get when I went to work everyday. Sometimes the lead was OK to work with but most of the time not. Not allowed to ask question, she would say "I don't have time for you". As a lead/trainer, I'm pretty sure that was her job. she stood outside the restroom timing us. We had almost daily meetings with her where she would threaten our jobs.
She had been turned in to Manager and HR many times by several different people and nothing was ever done. It was a hostile work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YESCO. Our community is ready to answer.