Yeshiva University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Tutored Students
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2018
Overall positive experience. Very flexible hours - 4 hours per week that you chose, and were not always filled. Pay was unreliable - only paid for when you worked.
Good place to begin a career in higher eduction
Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
Really enjoyed the majority of employees and in more cases than not, there is collaboration. Very little, if any, budget for continuing education or transforming ancient business practices.
Fun and professional
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2018
Yeshiva University is a professional and comfortable environment to work in. Everyone is welcoming and friendly. I work for them in many different capacities and I always feel a part of a team and cared for. The organization and structure made it a healthy work place that I enjoyed being a part of.
Pros
Free meals on the weekends
Cons
Working at nights and over the weekends
Productive environment
Associate Director HR Technology & HRIS (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2018
Good work assignments, projects and more. There are many opportunities to engage in tasks, projects for business process improvement. Challenging roles are available to collaborate with colleagues across departments and various areas.
Pros
Benefits and Compensation
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2018
worked at Yeshiva University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Enjoyed working with basically a good, well-meaning group of people dedicated to education and ensuring the university's operations.

Cons

Senior directors and above were often second-rate hires. Tons of talented people on staff, but leadership needed an upgrade.

Advice to Management

Please enter the 21st century- technically and professionally.
Excellent Work place
REGISTRAR CLERK (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
If you are looking for a place that is well organized and dedicated to what they do, then Yeshiva University is the place for you. The culture is religious.
Overall
Adjunct Professor - Sy Syms School of Business (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2017
I have learned a lot from this very fortunate experience however it does not define my experience or talents
My lecture capabilities have expanded as I have been invited to speak to the Board of Trustees, Media and Investors.
What you have learned
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2017
I have learned to be able to give all you've got and do not allow any one to take that from you. This was real training ground and provided me the opportunity to be able to work with others and be able to trust others
Decent place to work
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 16, 2017
The job atmosphere has mostly an academic feel to it. Degrees matter here for advancement and it pays to be on some sort of faculty track to take full advantage of what this institution has to offer.
Pros
vacation / personal days
Cons
career track unclear outside of academia
Lovely people, very slow paced
Director of Risk Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2017
The people at YU are wonderful. The institution provides generous benefits, PTO, as well as all Jewish Holidays off. There is a hard close every Friday at 2:30 PM

I prefer a fast paced corporate culture, however if you want a slow laid back place, YU fits the bill
Pros
Lots of time off, slow paced
Cons
Salary is less than competitive

Want to know more about Yeshiva University?

Ask a question
IT department was better managed years ago. Overall it was nice working for YU
Database Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2017
The IT department was outsourced this year. Some people now looking for a job. My responsibility were:
Developed in-house Oracle forms and Oracle Reports, designed and tested shell scripts, create and maintain users,
IT was better managed years ago.
Overall it was nice working for Yeshiva University.
Unique Institution
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2017
Yashiva University is the only higher education institution that offers a genuine Jewish culture experience. Thus very diversified from the faculty, to students, to administrative and support staff. Interesting place to work.
Pros
Closes early on Fridays and paid Jewish holidays
Cons
Poor medical insurance coverage. Overworked and underpaid.
not high pressure,management very relaxed
Programmer/analyst (Former Employee) –  new york cityJuly 3, 2017
not high pressure except when student enrollment is going on or human resources needs new report. not much spent on new equipment. management is very relaxed
Pros
many holidays off early friday go home
Cons
too far from where i live
Friendly
Principle Gift Processor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2017
Great place to work at. Work days are typically busy as you deal with undergraduate/graduate students. Managers are flexible. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing great customer service.
Pros
Early Fridays
Cons
Longer work days
Productive and diverse work chores.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Many people like myself lost our jobs due to the Madoff scandal without much notice. The organization need stronger fiscal oversight.
Pros
Busy work environment.
Cons
Does not higher enough minority groups.
I work independently to complete daily maintenance tasks and as part of a team to set up for events
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2016
Most managers are reasonable if you do your work. Sometimes, we're understaffed and there is an unreasonable expectation to get all tasks completed on time.
Pros
Good locations, cooperative coworkers
Cons
Understaffed
Great pay
Food service cashier/stock person (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2016
You get paid well for what you do there. The managers are great. The thing is that you cannot really move up anywhere here.
It's a professional atmosphere
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
I do a variety of things in a typical day - mostly raise money for the University. I learned fundraising. My co-workers are very nice and interesting. The hardest part is the interruptions. The most enjoyable part is knowing that the money raised is going to a great cause.
Amazing
Student Work Aide/Registrar's Office (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 14, 2016
Best time ever working , from the students to my co-workers. Best experience by far. Competitive work wages benefits close to my previous hime address.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Short hours
The scientific research that was ongoing made this a very intersting place to work
Administrative Secretary VII (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 13, 2016
Doctors and Researchers made our job not only a job but a learning experience; always willing to take the time to explain their studies to us and what they were trying to achieve in the way of public health.

Fast paced; very important decisions to be made quickly each day no time to ponder, an employee here had to be a self starter and hit the ground running each morning, if you couldn't keep up this was not the place for you.
Pros
Freindly, Academic environement
Cons
lots of labs in the building, very protected but still health concerning