Yeshiva University Employee Reviews

Adjunct
Adjunct Professor - Sy Syms School of Business (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2019
As an adjunct professor I love the role. This is not my full time role, I am looking for my next step in my career. Working currently at SAP as a brand partner has been very fulfilling but it is a contract.
Database Management
Help Desk Specialist - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2019
Work on the system by updating their database and making sure it wasn't duplicated. Helping with desktop issues for other buildings. Going from one place to another making sure we answer the problem tickets.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Temporary
I worked for Southern comfort driving a 20 passenger shuttle for this company
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 21, 2019
I drove a shuttle taking students back and forth to sporting events and off campus facilities. I liked the job and learned to get around the tri state area in New York. I was compensated fairly and it motivated me to get my CDL.
Pros
driving in the CITY
Cons
Toxic environment if you are a POC
Social Media/Web Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2018
Worked there for just 4 weeks and found if you were a POC that they favored. You would be very uncomfortable. Consistent whispering and inappropriate conversations are had around you. If you are easily angered, do not do it.
Pros
Not micromanaged, Salary ok, Hours for the CPA department are great
Cons
Office gossip, unprofessional work ethics, unprofessional business acumen, consistent power struggle which keeps things stagnant.
Excellent place to work
Asst AD/Alumni Relations and Recruitment (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2018
YU is a great environment, good people all around who understand the value of athletics on a college campus. Just wish my salary was higher so I wouldn't be looking elsewhere.The Director is a great leader,
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
Low pay
A great organization which has lost its vision.
Dogsbody (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2018
Everybody has an opinion, no one drives consensus. The leadership is cloistered and defensive. They don't want to hear from women, non-orthodox men, or orthodox men of lower net worth. But they exclude very politely and with deference to relevant tradition.

Come for the vacation and holidays, stay for the vacation and holidays.
Employee under appreciated
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Washington Heights, NYSeptember 4, 2018
Unfortunately, the employees are underappreciated and upper management only cares about themselves. The stress level at Yeshiva is high and no one cares unless it will benefit them in some way.
Pros
Early dismal on Fridays
Cons
The lack of appreciation for their employees.
Tutored Students
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2018
Overall positive experience. Very flexible hours - 4 hours per week that you chose, and were not always filled. Pay was unreliable - only paid for when you worked.
Good place to work and meet new people.
Housekeeping Director (Current Employee) –  Wilf Campus/Beren Campus/Cardozo School of LawMay 22, 2018
Fast paced and a good place to work. Great sick time, vacation and holiday package. Great place to meet new people. As in all jobs you need to know how to balance job and life balance. As long as your work is done you should have no issues.
Pros
A lot of holidays
Cons
Nothing unusual.
Good place to begin a career in higher eduction
Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
Really enjoyed the majority of employees and in more cases than not, there is collaboration. Very little, if any, budget for continuing education or transforming ancient business practices.
Fun and professional
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2018
Yeshiva University is a professional and comfortable environment to work in. Everyone is welcoming and friendly. I work for them in many different capacities and I always feel a part of a team and cared for. The organization and structure made it a healthy work place that I enjoyed being a part of.
Pros
Free meals on the weekends
Cons
Working at nights and over the weekends
Productive environment
Associate Director HR Technology & HRIS (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2018
Good work assignments, projects and more. There are many opportunities to engage in tasks, projects for business process improvement. Challenging roles are available to collaborate with colleagues across departments and various areas.
Pros
Benefits and Compensation
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2018
worked at Yeshiva University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Enjoyed working with basically a good, well-meaning group of people dedicated to education and ensuring the university's operations.

Cons

Senior directors and above were often second-rate hires. Tons of talented people on staff, but leadership needed an upgrade.

Advice to Management

Please enter the 21st century- technically and professionally.
Excellent Work place
REGISTRAR CLERK (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
If you are looking for a place that is well organized and dedicated to what they do, then Yeshiva University is the place for you. The culture is religious.
Overall
Adjunct Professor - Sy Syms School of Business (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2017
I have learned a lot from this very fortunate experience however it does not define my experience or talents
My lecture capabilities have expanded as I have been invited to speak to the Board of Trustees, Media and Investors.
What you have learned
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2017
I have learned to be able to give all you've got and do not allow any one to take that from you. This was real training ground and provided me the opportunity to be able to work with others and be able to trust others
Decent place to work
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 16, 2017
The job atmosphere has mostly an academic feel to it. Degrees matter here for advancement and it pays to be on some sort of faculty track to take full advantage of what this institution has to offer.
Pros
vacation / personal days
Cons
career track unclear outside of academia
Lovely people, very slow paced
Director of Risk Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2017
The people at YU are wonderful. The institution provides generous benefits, PTO, as well as all Jewish Holidays off. There is a hard close every Friday at 2:30 PM

I prefer a fast paced corporate culture, however if you want a slow laid back place, YU fits the bill
Pros
Lots of time off, slow paced
Cons
Salary is less than competitive
IT department was better managed years ago. Overall it was nice working for YU
Database Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2017
The IT department was outsourced this year. Some people now looking for a job. My responsibility were:
Developed in-house Oracle forms and Oracle Reports, designed and tested shell scripts, create and maintain users,
IT was better managed years ago.
Overall it was nice working for Yeshiva University.
Unique Institution
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2017
Yashiva University is the only higher education institution that offers a genuine Jewish culture experience. Thus very diversified from the faculty, to students, to administrative and support staff. Interesting place to work.
Pros
Closes early on Fridays and paid Jewish holidays
Cons
Poor medical insurance coverage. Overworked and underpaid.