Ygrene Energy Fund Employee Reviews

CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJuly 11, 2018
This job was busy but easy paced. People are great and you can learn a lot. Everyone is helpful and we all work with each other to help out. The work overall is simple
Amazing Company
HR Talent & Culture Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJuly 5, 2018
Ygrene has been a very rewarding company to work for. Not only was I surrounded by amazing employees, but also upper management. I have enjoyed working at a company that holds their company standards high.
Pros
Great activities, free lunches, working remotely
Good company to work for
Sr. Underwriter Manager (Former Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLJune 22, 2018
Ygrene was a fast growing company, but legislation has limited its growth. It has been very helpful in my career growth and taught me new skills throughout my working period with them.
They're a hot mess
Government Affairs Associate (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJune 21, 2018
I worked here for years, there is no work-life balance. I would get calls, texts, emails every time I was on vacation for "urgent" matters. HR sucks, and they just went through a round of lay offs.
Very relaxing environment, Lunches every Friday
ID Verification Specialist-Office Team (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 4, 2018
I was not able to hear the person on the phone because I sat to close to another co-worker and you can hear the other person talking to a customer on the line. The line sometimes echoed through the headset.
Pros
Lunches paid by the Company every Friday
Cons
Not able to hear the person on the line because of the headset echos a lot
Too short to tell
Inside Sales and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 21, 2018
2 month internship at ygrene in early months. I did some BD work while the company was in its infancy before I found another permanent role doing renewable energy project finance.
Not the best place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Management was great during my time working here but there is no support from other Departments. As a CSR you’re expected to be the voice of the Company as my role was in a Call Center setting. Other departments would never pick up calls or even try to assist you. RAMs only care about their sales and they try to manipulate to make that happen and get their commission. This company also has many Contractors who lie to their customers and even sign for them contracts that have exaggerated amounts for HVAC systems or other products. I wouldn’t recommend working for this Company unless you want to have headaches every day.
Pros
Lunches, Gym
Cons
Bad hours
Needs improvement
Internal Loan Auditor (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAFebruary 6, 2018
While the PACE program had the potential to be a viable lending alternative, the company does not generally hire, promote, or value people with strong credit lending backgrounds. The business model (using "certified" contractors to sell the product with little standard lending industry oversight such as requiring final building permits before paying the contractors) lends itself to abuse. Elders, minority populations, and people who could not obtain financing elsewhere were unfortunately targeted by contractors. This also resulted in projects not getting completed and many complaints from customers. Fortunately new consumer protection regulations have been enacted and will be implemented to address the abuses that were inherit in the PACE business model. For example, PACE lenders will now have to document repayment ability before putting loans on people's property taxes.
Pros
Free lunch and yoga once a week.
Cons
No 401K match, poor implementation of business model which resulted in government oversight, poor management.
Too slow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Working here was weird. It had all the technical equipment a company in 2018 should have. It had break rooms, with starbucks coffee makers in it but there was never any work to do.
Cons
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Good TOp management
Good vision
Good HR
Hardest part of the job is to simplify process for some of the new program intiative.
The best part was to learn how pace impacts society
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 19, 2017
Great place to work. PACE financing is the best available financing for Property Owners to improve their properties. Creative, fast paced, start up environment.

PACE is under pressure to comply with many restrictive disclosure laws that may undermine the uniqueness of the asset.

That is the only reason I would consider leaving Ygrene or the PACE field.
Pros
Free lunches, Yoga, Massage, Gym
Cons
No 401k match

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ygrene Energy Fund. Our community is ready to answer.

Ygrene Energy Fund Reviews by Location