YOGA SIX

• Inclusive work environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks

Decent Job

I enjoyed my time here. Work life balance was okay, compensation is my main issue. Isn’t a livable wage. Other than that the culture is inviting and the free classes are a bonus.

Pros

Free classes, flexible schedule

Cons

Wage

It's very welcoming and family-like

For a franchise, this studio feels so homey and I love it. All of the employees and teachers are friendly and help each other out in all aspects. Training can be intense at first (physically) but once you pass, it feels amazing to teach classes and connect with students. The students come early to class and stay a few minutes after class sometimes to chat and connect with the teachers. Having a FB group for this studio makes it all more fun. Love it here!

Pros

Beautiful fun studio, modern yoga, friendly staff, motivated students, room for growth, front desk shift, outdoor activities

Cons

Cannot work full time and receive benefits for this position and/or my wellness advisor shifts

NO oversight

I put all I could into learning the type of sequence the company wanted, but I saw other instructors teaching contrary to the training we received, and nothing was done to fix it. You are expected to come at least twenty minutes early and stay after to clean the room, your pay rate is for two hours and considering that, it is low. It is not very organised, and the manager and owner always seemed stressed and rushed. I was lied to about how many classes I would be teaching after quitting other jobs to work there. You have to make a up sequence and submit it to be allowed to teach different formats. I waited about four months to hear an answer back...???I will say its a beautiful studio, but I missed having a place to change clothes after teaching, I didn't want to use the one bathroom to change.We were allowed free classes, but do to covid they were always too full for us to take advantage of it. SO, really no benefits at all plus no pay and not much in the way of teamwork. Owner played favourites with giving spots to her favourites...

Pros

Very lovely studio

Cons

Low pay, favoratism

Inspiring place to work!

YogaSix is honestly a dream job. All of my coworkers are passionate about their work and will take time out of their day to help you. Plus, you get to wear leggings at work!

Pros

Free yoga membership, paid training, fun work environment, dresscode

Enjoyable space

I've found some of my best friends working here and its always nice to walk in to the smiling faces of both employees and members. It turns work into play.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Love Yoga Six

An amazing community and company! I will adore them always for the opportunities that they brought into my life, support, friends, education, and personal growth!

Very positive place to work!

I love Yoga Six so much. I have been teaching yoga for several years in various locations, and truly feel like Yoga Six is my yoga home. I feel very welcome and uplifted every time I enter the space, and I know that my teaching is valued. The space is heated, well-lit and has great amenities. Everyone from management, to fellow teachers and employees, to the students who attend class are all positive. Overall a great environment to work.

Wonderful Yoga Philosophy

Yoga Six was created to improve the lives of their members and you could feel it in every class and exchange with students. The Yoga Teacher Training provided by the company is exceptional.

Highly recommend working for YogaSix

I highly recommend working for YogaSix, should you get the chance. The company is very ahead of its time. The corporate office is beautiful, clean and modern as it is a part of xponential fitness. So far, everyone I have met is welcoming and kind. More specifically, the Tampa franchise owners are easy to work with and very generous. I look forward to working for this company for years to come.

Simple Job, Incompetent Management

The job is simple and the hours were flexible. The pay is decent if they give you hours. The manager provided no training but since the job is so simple it wasn't that hard to figure out after a shift or two. I was initially hired on as a yoga instructor but they had me working the front desk until they got me trained, which they never did. After a few weeks they cut my hours and the manager tried to get me to drop all my shifts. I eventually gave my two weeks since I was only working 7 hours a week and they never made any effort to train me for the teaching position. The second I gave my two weeks the manager said that could be my last day and did not even let me finish out my two weeks.

Pros

Free yoga

Cons

Management, lack of hours

basic front desk job

basic front desk job that pushes sales however you get free yoga and discounted yoga teacher training which is a plus. Management was not the best at the time of my employment.

Fun environment to be part of. As yoga studios go, I see it rising above most others. Plenty of room for growth but you have to be able to ask for it.

Fun and inspiring place to work

Provided the tools to become an effective Yoga teacher. Allowed students to work at their own pace in order to complete the requirements. Assessed skills individually and as a group.

Yoga Six is awesome!

Yoga Six is a great place to teach and practice yoga. Even though I am no longer there, I continue to recommend their classes and teachers to people I meet.

Awful place to work at

They didnt pay me for 10 weeks because they didnt do their jobs, then they fired me 4 weeks after they finally paid me because "i wasnt good enough" for them. I did everything i was suppose to do for them. They had their favorites but i wasnt one of them. Very unprofessional studio and would never recommend working here.

Pros

Free membership and discounts

Cons

Awful management, favoritism, not paying me for over 2 months, unprofessional

Yoga Six

Checking students in and out of class, keeping the studio space clean and being supportive of the students is what I do daily at work. I have learned everything I know about customer service with this company. The studio has a great vibe which makes work enjoyable.

Great Studio

I loved working at this yoga studio. I was able to learn a lot about myself and grow as a teacher and as a person. The staff and the clientele were all very pleasant and it was a supportive and fun community.

great place to work

I work 6 days a week, and I have learn so much about the yoga community and different Yoga styles. The relation with my co workers is very good and direct. My manager is great .

Preach one thing and do another

Yoga Six claims to be a company based on culture and core values, but it is all talk and no action. The upper management has no idea what they are doing and expect way too much from their team.

Pros

Get to wear yoga-wear to work

Common questions about YOGA SIX

Answered by current and former employees at YOGA SIX

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YOGA SIX. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• YOGA SIX