Yogurt Mountain

• Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Overall satisfaction

Decent workplace

Short hours , decent pay, can get boring at times manger was friendly. If your a college student then this is a good job for you. Overall decent place

Loved my manager, store was a little worn-down though

Store was an older store, so it was a little worn-down. Loved our regulars, though some customers were rude and left a mess. Cleaning the machines isn't hard, and if there's a lull, you can read for a bit.Loved my manager, she was amazing and great to work with. Got along with my coworkers as well.

Pros

Great environment, good amount of hours

Cons

Hard to get a break, pay wasn't much

A good place to work

I enjoyed working at Yogurt Mountain. I learned a lot more about the food service industry. I learned a lot about yogurt. It was a good delicious alternative to ice cream.

Pros

Schedule flexibility, benefits

Cons

Pay, and hours worked if short staffed

Fun workplace but low pay

Over the 2 1/2 years of working at Yogurt Mountain, I have developed some strong opinions about working here. Pros- General Managers are always respected and their opinions are taken seriously within the company. Its a great environment to work in, everyone gets along great. It's usually a decent pace, not too fast but not too slow. Cons- The pay is very low especially for shift leads and crew members. It's above minimum wage but not much above it. Raises are supposed to be given once a year but with covid, that wasn't a possibility this year. As a general manager, you are given paid vacation time but it's very hard to take it and not have issues with scheduling/availability.

Pros

Fun environment, good people, easy tasks, wonderful corporate office

Cons

low pay, hard to get time off

Easy and fun job!

Management is very friendly and they will work around your schedule. They are very patient, sometimes too patient when they need to put their foot down with people. If you leave on a good note and have a good work ethic then they will welcome you back if you ever want to come back. They will teach you everything you want to know about the company and job. I worked on and off for four years and have made good memories here. This job has taught me good work ethic and matured me well for my next job.

Pros

Free yogurt while on clock, friendly environment

Cons

Short breaks

Pay wasn’t fair. It was locally owned so no benefits and you were only able to work part time, so only 2-3 days were available max.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Yogurt Mountain is no teamwork, but not very busy.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Yogurt Mountain are non-existent. There are no benefits.ManagementSince it was locally owned, there was only one manager and she was nice. Not a lot of interaction with crew.

Great

Great place to start your work experience friendly staff would recommend. Very slow placed and training is very easy would be a great first job for highschool students

Great place to work in high school.

Yogurt Mountain’s environment overall was fast paced. The Managers were friendly. The job difficultly was fairly easy. The store offered discounts and those were nice.

Very easy work paid fairly

Very relaxed workplace overall with minimal skilled tasks consisting of customer interaction and basic counting and closing of drawers with the majority of customer interactions being enjoyable and rewarding amongst a good bit of regulars and management/ownership is very accessible for questions or advice and forgiving towards the high number of student employees, easy work for fair pay considering the nature of the business model requiring minimal employee input to function as intended

super fun environment

Management was decent but coworkers were always enjoyable. You learn how to manage a till, handle customers, and deep clean a store. It is a good job for a first time job.

Real people

The employees are real, they understand that sometimes life just happens and care enough to follow up with you even a few days after the fact. They never say that 'We're like a family here' because true families don't need to label it. There is care for your future here, even if it may lead you to a different career.

Great place to work, I loved it! Very friendly staff.

Yogurt Mountain was a very relaxing, friendly & clean work environment. I had a great experience working there, training was the best, simple and easy going.

Not bad, but unstable at best

My time with YOMO was not bad, I enjoyed my coworkers and the job itself, but the lack of help and guidance from our ever changing corporate ( the employees and management changed multiple times over just my 17 months there ) made it difficult to get things done at a higher up level. The crew of our store was always the second thought and it took many weeks for our needs to be met. Payroll was certainly a lost cause, there were three separate occasions when crew employees, myself included, were unpaid due to problems with the payroll department of corporate. And those separate occasions took WEEKS to be resolved and only after persistent contact on our part, instead of corporate trying to fix it. Honestly, it is not a bad job, I loved the environment my coworkers and I created in the store and working with customers, but the corporate end made it very difficult to be happy with working there.

Great place to get started

Starting at clerk, you can work your way up to manager. Enjoy being around happy people. Handy yogurt for break times. Great place for a first job. Enjoy discount on yogurt.

Pros

Discount on yogurt

Cons

Not a long term job unless you are a manager

It's an OK first job.

While I grew a lot in my time at Yogurt Mountain, the pay does not live up to the amount of work required of me and the level of stress I delt with day-to-day when it came to store maintenance and upper management in the company. This is a decent place for a first job, but beyond that? It leaves almost nothing to be desired. There is almost no upwards momentum, rarely (if any) any pay raises, zero benefits, and upper management is so disorganized that morale hit an all time low. It got so bad that one day, most of my coworkers decided to quit within the same week! I was legitimately one of the last shift leaders. I loved working here for a time, but my only reason for staying as long as I did was because of my coworkers. When they left, everyday was agonizing. It truly felt like the company didn't care at all about us at all. There was poor communication between the home base and the stores (e.i., if they were releasing a coupon, we were never informed ahead of time), they constantly blamed us for their mismanagement, and almost never gave out raises. A coworker of mine had worked there for 5 years and only ever received TWO raises of maybe $0.10. If I didn't admire my manager as much as I did, I would have quit along side my other coworkers for a mass exodus. In the end, it all boils down to poor upper management, but they seem to be ignorant of that fact. I heard they have since acquired new staff, so maybe things have changed in the last few years, but I doubt it has done much of a difference. If you're in high school or in college and just looking to making a little, -

The job you had to greet the customers and ring them up and they could sample the yogurt at the front off there counter and you had to clean a lot.

Greeting customers was hard for me cause I never knew when to greet them properly, the spoons had to be behind the register and people would reach over to get them, the machines always had to be full or close to it cause the machines would literally rattle back and forth.

Pros

get to try the new yogurt.

Cons

cleaning was a lot, would stay till the place was spotless.

Stayed busy, and a fun place to work. Nice manager, and workers. The work is fairly easy. Good environment of people including customers. Very clean and organized.

Pros

Good work enviroment

Cons

short breaks

Laid - back comfortable work environment

It was simple job. Required operating a cash register and taking care of simple small transactions. Cleaning throughout the day and during close was required.

Good Job

Enjoyable working environment for the position that I held. Travel became tiring as I was gone more of the month than I was able to be home. I enjoyed hiring and training and helping others achieve higher positions.

productive

I had a great time working for this company. It was a great learning experience. I learned how to manage staff and complete orders. On any day at work I would complete basic food preperation and money handling. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customers smiling faces.

Great place to work, bad manager

I was the General Manager of a Yogurt Mountain in NC. My district manager was really bad. So bad in fact that the store closed because of tax fraud. That's the only reason I don't still work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yogurt Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Yogurt Mountain