Yogurtland Employee Reviews

A disorganized, unstructured environment
TEAM MEMBER/SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 4, 2019
The manager lacked communication skills, and the employees were disengaged and uninterested in providing a quality experience. Schedules were often difficult and were not accommodating for students. The store owner had unrealistic expectations for the store and often made empty promises to employees regarding bonuses. There was a lack of job structure so duties were unclear for each position which led to confusion. Pay was minimal for the job expectations.
Okay job
Team member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2019
Good for people in school, very flexible with hours. At my location you got free yogurt when you worked your shift. Easy job. You do receive tips. I had 3 different managers. One who was very strict and picky with everything.
Pros
Tips, flexible hours
Cons
Fast paced, strict management
Fun place to work management terrible
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZJanuary 26, 2019
Working here is absolutely simple you train then you are on the job. moving up was kinda weird at first i was considered a manager then i was stripped of the title then was given it back but as an assistant manager the company is weird but im appreciative of it all.
Awful
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Some weeks they did not even give me tips.
Horrible management. Over time they scheduled me less and less, like down to 3 hour shifts one time a week. Like Hello??? I need money too.
People were weird.
Pretty much no benefits.
My location had cleanliness problems, and as a clean freak, every-time it was not my shift and I come in, disgusting.
Cons
everything
Clean environment, helpful community
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 15, 2019
I loved that all of the people were very helpful and enjoyed working there. It was clean due to the focus on keeping the utmost respect to the customers.
productive and people person job
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Eastvale, CAJanuary 10, 2019
organized and kept track of stock and inventory, engaged with customers always keep a smile on . You will not please everyone but did my best too:) i learned how to work on customer service skills as well as work on being a team player taking on responsibility .
Pros
discount on yogurt
Cons
short breaks
Yogurtland Is actually fun and get to see people and be around them.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 7, 2019
I was happy working at yogurtland got to be around people and have fun I would recommend it to anyone but I stopped because I had to move. The company is great and there is good benefits from yogurtland discounts to the family and there is a lot more.
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Took it as a summer job and it did the trick. Unfortunately most of the employees were going back to college and the manager was not actively advertising that help was needed.
Free yogurt every shift
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 30, 2018
• Supervised team members in accordance with company policies and state food handling regulations.
• Interact with customers to make sure they are satisfied
• Helps direct other employees through their daily routines
• Interact with customers to make sure that they have a satisfactory experience.
• Responsible for inventory control and stocking orders.
• Handling currency and credit card transactions quickly and accurately.
• Have built loyal clientele through friendly interactions and constant appreciation.
Pros
Free yogurt and discount for family and friends.
Cons
No break room, and hard to grow with the company.
Great place for a first job
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 21, 2018
Great work culture, learn a lot as a first job. Management is very accommodating to your schedule. Generally everything can be picked up fairly easily, but you can learn at your own pace.
Lot of work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CADecember 7, 2018
General manager is a hard task. But it is harder when there isnt many benefits coming your way. I had many of my team members say it is a great first job. I did see many of my new hires " fly out of the bird nest." It was a great help to give them the job opportunity they needed to have some customer service experience.
Cons
Work 24/7
Manager was awful
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 5, 2018
The Manager expected you to clock out at the end of your scheduled shift, but keep working until the job was done. He was also racist and favored only other asian employees.
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 5, 2018
I started out as a team member and worked my way up to the operations director. I would highly recommend this company. The owner in CO is amazing! She is well organized and great at communicating. She wants everyone to succeed and is truly business savvy. Lots of room for growth if you're willing to put in the work.
Pros
great pay, opportunities, wonderful leadership
Chill place to work for
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CADecember 4, 2018
About 80% of the time you are busy working which is great and makes the time go by fast. Know that 50% of the job is CLEANING, wether it's your mess from food prep or from customers being messy.
Pros
Free froyo sometimes
Cons
Short breaks, no employee benefits at all
Fun place to work
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Yucaipa, CADecember 3, 2018
Yogurt land is a fun place to work, or go on a date. There have 16 different flavors and a lot of topping for you you to make your own choices. When it rain, you get a buy one get one free.
It's a job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Yucaipa, CA 92399December 3, 2018
It's an entry-level job that's good in helping to develop necessary work skills like prioritizing tasks and working fast-paced. Some practices I did not agree with, but it's hardly a malicious environment. The regular customers were the best part. Men aren't considered for hire.
Pros
Located near some restaurants and a grocery store, so food's easy
Cons
Getting holidays off is rare
A great and fun place to work
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CADecember 2, 2018
I was welcome with open arms and a lot of training. The store manager really knows how to make his workers happy and cares about them. It makes me happy to be a part of it all!
Pros
Free yogurt
Cons
A lot of cleaning
It’s an okay job but don’t expect to get more than 20 hours a week.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Compton, CANovember 28, 2018
My management was very poor from the beginning and I worked there for over a year. The most hours I ever got there was about 25 hours if I got lucky. Our breaks are only 10 minutes and no paid lunch.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks lack of hours
Fun workplace!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 27, 2018
Within my year of working for Yogurtland, I learned a lot about leadership, hardwork, and dedication. I got to experience the workplace culture, of how to cooperate with fellow coworkers and get the job done.
Perfect First Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CANovember 24, 2018
Yogurtland was a very easy place to work. The work environment was very welcoming and I learned many things that I am now able to use in other areas of my life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yogurtland. Our community is ready to answer.