Yogurtland Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Decent
Walnut Creek- Team Member (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 18, 2018
Yogurtland is a decent place to work if you are looking for a part time job to earn some extra cash. In terms of working there, its a pretty easy and relaxed environment with little to stress about. It can often get boring at times since there is not much to do besides manage the register, clean, and prep fruit and toppings.
i wouldnt work again
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 9, 2018
the owner of this current yogurtland does not pay any attention to her business and has expectations for her employees but when she is there herself, she is a distraction and blames the employee for being distracted and expects all the work to be done even though she is slowing production down
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
owner/employer
Fine for a first job, but not somewhere you would want to continue working for for an extended period of time.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CO 80003June 5, 2018
All in all it was not nearly the worst job I've ever had, and the majority of my coworkers were people who I genuinely were pleased to work with and glad to meet. However, corporate puts a lot of pressure on employees and leaves little room for learners error. Although flexible with hours, you were often either looking for someone to cover your shift when someone messes up the schedule or going in when you were ill due to a poor call out method.
Pros
Free yogurt per shift
Cons
no benefits, management doesn't really understand your job
Poor ownership
Crew (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 1, 2018
Owner was definitely not suited for this type of responsibility, paychecks were often late and got bounced once, poor money management with the owner often meant that weekend managers and employees had to go to surrounding businesses just to have proper change in the tills
Pros
slow paced, easy
Cons
poor upper management
Easy Going
Member (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CA 90631May 30, 2018
The hardest part for me working at a yogurt chain was adapting to a more slow paced environment. Typical day at work was prepping the food ahead of time, and having to fill time during the slow seasons. Overall management could be improved by encouraging their employees and being more firm, as it is an easy going work place.
productive and learning experience
Team Member to Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMay 30, 2018
amazing job with amazing coworkers leaned several valuable lessons and created great relationships with kind coworkers. Management was great and supportive
Stressful and not worth it
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAMay 23, 2018
Managment was not great, customers are rude. It is an easy job, but the customers and management ruined it. It was always either very busy and very stressful or very slow paced and boring.
Pros
Free six ounces of frozen yogurt per shift.
good for first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, CAMay 21, 2018
fairly simple, just personally not what I prefer since a lot of cleaning is involved. the register is simple. tasks include restocking toppings, cleaning machines, sweeping, washing dishes and more cleaning when it is closing time.
great
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMay 20, 2018
liked working at ygl wasnt too bad just doing another job at another place. although couldnt really llast especially in place like berkeley. cost of everything compared to revenue
Great Place to Build a Resume
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 14, 2018
I was a general manager at Yogurtland and very much enjoyed my role at my store. I always had fun on the job, and the advancements in my role came very quickly. I had several dollar raises in my time at the store. My relationships with my coworkers were great and I enjoyed going to work. It was only during my last month when I had to work by myself every shift and the owner started becoming too involved with what was going on in the store without ever being around to see how things operated. Overall, it was a great job experience and I enjoyed my time there very much.
Pros
free yogurt, easy job
Cons
no breaks

Want to know more about Yogurtland?

Ask a question
Easy Job, Short-Staffed
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 14, 2018
This job is a great start to the job force. It is fun and easy and gives you a lot of the skills you need. I got along with a lot of my coworkers, but there was drama at the workplace. The manager was great, but the owner brought a lot of stress to the environment, especially when the manager ended up leaving for a new job opportunity.
great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMay 5, 2018
great place to work . have to be a hard worker, have to do a lot of cleaning, great customer service, extremely friendly to customer, managers will buy you food sometime.
Overall great job experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 3, 2018
I had a great time while working my way through college. It was a nice and relaxed environment. Never had a problem with corporate, the company was very kind and helpful.
The best team members
Team member (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAMay 1, 2018
I learned how to work with people more my age and customer service. Dealing with people wasn't easy but I learned how to talk to customer and try to understand their problems and how to help them.
Pros
Working with people my age
Cons
Working weekends
Really great job to have
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 22, 2018
Currently working at yogurtland, been working here for about 7 months now, and had the opportunity to move up three times. Training, you kind of have to do yourself. Alot of independence in this job. Work is easy, just gets a little busy but it's food and that's normal. You get free 6oz of yogurt per shift, and pay is reasonable. Management changes alot, so it should be up to the employees as sad as it is to keep management on track. Customers will always be rude no matter where you work.
Pros
6 oz free, independence
Cons
People move up, and people go down quickly, management won't always be the best.
Very Clean Workplace and Family Friendly
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAApril 18, 2018
The best part about working at Yogurtland is the customers and seeing the joy they get when they come in for frozen yogurt. Most bring their families and are eager to customized their own unique treat. The team is great and the management is fantastic.
Good People Bad Work Ethics
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAApril 13, 2018
Working at Yogurtland revealed one of my biggest life lessons: everyone is not the same as you. Though I knew this already, I've never experienced it. I say this because some workers showed little to no work efforts in their jobs, leaving other to clean up their messes. It was also a drama filled job.
Pros
Team Members
Cons
Poor Management
More cons than pros
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 10, 2018
Management here is horrible. They do not work with your schedule even if you are a student and have class. Corporate is extremely strict, so much so that they watch surveillance cameras monthly and write reports down to the smallest detail like the length of someone's socks. It is stressful being monitored constantly at a place that is supposed to be delivering positivity to its guests.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Breaks not always given at correct time, overbearing corporate bosses and manager(at least the one I had)
Good workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 10, 2018
I enjoyed my job at Yogurtland. I met a lot of friends and wonderful people and the job was easy. Being a team member is pretty chill and co workers are very helpful.
Would work at the register
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2018
what i learned at work was to work at a fast paste without no one helping me out, and multitasking all at once. The hardest part of the job would be when i would be all alone in the register, and attending many people all at once.
Pros
Getting discounts on your yogurt .
Cons
No one would help me out in the register.