Yokogawa Employee Reviews

Great place to work, but organization needs to chance.
Project Administration II (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 10, 2019
I'm very happy and proud to be apart with Yokogawa,
I've learned a lot for those 12 years sound round with all of good people and special the Japaneses culture.
Within many times changed the face of management, leader, supervisor but our team still strong enough to around, to give hand help our projects completed. That's make myself so proud to be one of them even I'm not continuous in the future.
Great location but became a struggle to work there
Analyzer Technician (Former Employee) –  Coldspring, TXApril 10, 2019
Management was all family and friends that were inept at their job. Waste of time, materials, and talent were rampant there. What could have been great was pushed aside because of bad management decisions. Any attempt to give helpful advice was brushed away stating the old saying " we have always done it this way". Many employees were trained there and had no prior experience in working in a more effective manner. Very stagnant in many aspects.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lots of management inept decisions. Terrible uncaring HR
With remote location working, wasn't enough work
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 28, 2019
Promised work but did not deliver. Got layed off. Constantly being screwed over with weekend work with no pay, somehow it was at the management discretion, horrible way with expense reporting.
Pros
Money for nothing
Cons
No stability, no work
Service Tech
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMarch 26, 2019
Good spot for guys on the way out no hrs no advancement if u like travel once a year perfect spot for you Young people need not apply. Good place for apprentice
Pros
na
Cons
na
Learning ability
Instrument fitter / Helper screw pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  Coldspring, TXNovember 7, 2018
Great place for a green hand to learn from veterans electrically, tubing and piping. Have to be a contractor for a while the pay is not all that great but if you can get hired on full time then you get benefits
Pros
Learn a bunch from long term hands
Cons
Contract work
Very Diverse Company
Project Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 31, 2018
This company was at one time very striving and alive with employees. There are only about a third of the employees which leaves the building very empty. Hopefully Management will get their business turned around.
Very typical of Janaese owned companies
Senior Product Specialist, Flowmeters (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAOctober 22, 2018
Yokogawa is typical of Japanese owned companies. The reins are very tightly held and there is very little local autonomy.

They go through hiring and layoff cycles when the market is up and down, more so than American companies.
Pros
Good benfitsd, slightly above average pay
Cons
Always looking over your shoullder at lay off times
Great Starting Place For Engineers
Engineer II - Safety Instrumentation Systems (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2018
Yokogawa corporation of america are leading experts in automation and safety systems. Hands down the best in their field. It's a great place to learn for younger engineers
Good but fixed in way of conducting business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Need to catch up with the times and competitive market. There is always a better way and everything can be worked on to improvehttps://www.indeed.com/cmp/_r/content-guidelines?p=show
Pros
pay
Cons
work life balance, not customer focused
Too Many changes
Systems Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 17, 2018
The company is going through too many changes that are not good changes.
The new CEO is not from our country and their is a huge cultural device between management and workers. The company is trying to outsource all its departments to other countries to save money and has no concern about losing previous talent or knowledge. This company is fast on its way to closing its doors.
Company Benefits
Project Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 20, 2018
I enjoy the people I work with. Everyone is like family. The company does have some perks with good benefits and company events. Management needs more training on how to manage their people. We have yearly reviews but it doesn't get reflected by raises. Everyone gets the same raise percentage. A typical day for me is managing multiple projects. Order entry, organization, and customer service skills is a must daily
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Good Place to work in Georgia
Co-op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 20, 2018
Yokogawa is a good place to work although I would say that the workforce is on the old side. Still, if you are a Mechanical Engineer in Georgia, I would recommend working for Yokogawa.
Pros
9/80 work week
Cons
Work is on the boring side
Great company.
Fixed Asset Accountant (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJune 12, 2018
If I could work here again I would definitely go back. The management at Yokogawa is very knowledgeable, and easy going with the motivation to promote within.
Pros
Paid gym accounts
Very poorly managed.
Call Center Tech Spec I (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAApril 25, 2018
No employee accountability. Very poor HR Department. There is no comradery between employees. Facility is poorly managed. The company itself is great. Great benefits.
Pros
The company itself is a great company, just poorly managed. They do have employee recognition as well as birthdays, years of service & retirement.
Cons
Poorly managed. No employee accountability & a very poor HR.
Industrial Control Systems Manufacturer
Technical Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 18, 2018
Yokogawa has a propensity to hire toxic leadership, use flawed management practices, and hardly cares for employees, especially contractors. The organization is mostly built on a aged "good ole boy" system that hires friends and people with successful backgrounds to positions.

You can survive here if you are hired. But it is more likely that someone from outside the country will be hired instead.

Poor pay, poor management, poor reputation.
Pros
Cons
Poor Pay, Poor Management, and Poor Reputation
Ok for a job
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 25, 2018
Management does not care about the employees, HR ia a joke, they see everything is fine. No matter how hard you work, no advancment. It's best to keep to yourself and trust no one. Just do your job.
Cons
Work environment
Good place to work, but not for the career-driven
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 15, 2018
Overall Yokogawa was a good place to work. The pay (at least in my role) was good, benefits were pretty strong, and the people are GREAT! It was challenging, but I felt I had the needed support for the most part, and it is definitely collaborative. I would have continued working there if my husband's job didn't require relocation.
Some downsides: morale was low at my location due to perceptions of management and several years without raises; the company was recovering from hard economic downturns in their industry a couple years back. For what it's worth, when I left efforts were being made by management to improve morale. Also, being a large corporation there is definitely red tape and it takes time for changes and decisions to be made. Work/life balance is generally valued by the employees and managers, but realistically many of us have to work overtime because the company keeps manpower as minimal as possible; it was often a stressful job between the morale and the workload.
Overall, it is not a bad place to work, it's just not well-suited for the career driven.Talent development is weak, and it is not the modern workplace that caters to the eager young professional looking for a quick experience pit-stop; it does not have the sparkle of huge salaries, flexible work hours, jeans everyday, and fancy mentorship programs in a trendy city. Rather, it is the solid, simple workplace made up of good people that will meet your needs without the danger of cut-throat competitiveness so often found in large companies. It is predominantly made up of friendly, moral people who see
  more... their job as a means of paying the bills and enjoy living quietly in the Newnan area. If you feel similarly, I recommend Yokogawa.  less
Another workplace with good people
Proposal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 13, 2018
An interesting job experience at YCA. The job quickly became more than what was presented and I was in over my head. It did not break my heart when a new GM axed 4-5 employees and I was one of them.
Pros
reasonably close to home
Cons
I was in over my head
It's a decent place to work
Assembler/Solder Trainer (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 6, 2018
I worked on the assembly line at Yokogawa. The hours were good hours just not enough pay. Only received 1 raise out of 4 years there. Management was fairly decent.
Pros
The hours, and the paid vacation
Cons
the pay and lack of raises
No Review
Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2018
I didn't work there long enough to really give a positive or negative review of this company ... They just expected a whole lot from all there employees and the management seemed to be very "male" oriented. Everyone was nice and good to work with.
Pros
group gatherings
Cons
Expectations, no appreciation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yokogawa. Our community is ready to answer.