Yokogawa Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very poorly managed.
Call Center Tech Spec I (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAApril 25, 2018
No employee accountability. Very poor HR Department. There is no comradery between employees. Facility is poorly managed. The company itself is great. Great benefits.
Pros
The company itself is a great company, just poorly managed. They do have employee recognition as well as birthdays, years of service & retirement.
Cons
Poorly managed. No employee accountability & a very poor HR.
Ok for a job
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 25, 2018
Management does not care about the employees, HR ia a joke, they see everything is fine. No matter how hard you work, no advancment. It's best to keep to yourself and trust no one. Just do your job.
Cons
Work environment
Good place to work, but not for the career-driven
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 15, 2018
Overall Yokogawa was a good place to work. The pay (at least in my role) was good, benefits were pretty strong, and the people are GREAT! It was challenging, but I felt I had the needed support for the most part, and it is definitely collaborative. I would have continued working there if my husband's job didn't require relocation.
Some downsides: morale was low at my location due to perceptions of management and several years without raises; the company was recovering from hard economic downturns in their industry a couple years back. For what it's worth, when I left efforts were being made by management to improve morale. Also, being a large corporation there is definitely red tape and it takes time for changes and decisions to be made. Work/life balance is generally valued by the employees and managers, but realistically many of us have to work overtime because the company keeps manpower as minimal as possible; it was often a stressful job between the morale and the workload.
Overall, it is not a bad place to work, it's just not well-suited for the career driven.Talent development is weak, and it is not the modern workplace that caters to the eager young professional looking for a quick experience pit-stop; it does not have the sparkle of huge salaries, flexible work hours, jeans everyday, and fancy mentorship programs in a trendy city. Rather, it is the solid, simple workplace made up of good people that will meet your needs without the danger of cut-throat competitiveness so often found in large companies. It is predominantly made up of friendly, moral people who see
  more... their job as a means of paying the bills and enjoy living quietly in the Newnan area. If you feel similarly, I recommend Yokogawa.  less
Another workplace with good people
Proposal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 13, 2018
An interesting job experience at YCA. The job quickly became more than what was presented and I was in over my head. It did not break my heart when a new GM axed 4-5 employees and I was one of them.
Pros
reasonably close to home
Cons
I was in over my head
It's a decent place to work
Assembler/Solder Trainer (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 6, 2018
I worked on the assembly line at Yokogawa. The hours were good hours just not enough pay. Only received 1 raise out of 4 years there. Management was fairly decent.
Pros
The hours, and the paid vacation
Cons
the pay and lack of raises
No Review
Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2018
I didn't work there long enough to really give a positive or negative review of this company ... They just expected a whole lot from all there employees and the management seemed to be very "male" oriented. Everyone was nice and good to work with.
Pros
group gatherings
Cons
Expectations, no appreciation.
Would Not Suggest
Safety Instrumented Systems Application Programmer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2018
I would not suggest working for Yokogawa. It is a rotating door with high turnover. Shop environment and not pleasurable. This was one year that I regretted making the choice to work there.
Great Product, Great Environment
CRM Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 8, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Left because recruited for a better position, but couldn't ask for better people to work with. Good benefits too. I was given a lot of leeway to develop my position and acquire increasing levels of responsibility.
Poorly Managed otherwise great company
N/A (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 7, 2018
YCA in Sugar Land is limited in advancement like other reviews have stated for the Newnan location. The main issue is middle management. Standardization is key in being competitive and unfortunately we do not follow our own guidelines. Middle management is all the same culture and it is a brick wall to try and get information past. If your skin color isn't the same as theirs,and you only speak english, you're unfortunately out of the loop.
Benefits
Human Resources-Newnan Ga
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 26, 2017
Worst Human Resources Manager I have ever worked with. She can’t make decisions for herself. Very untrusting and Maniptulive. If you aren’t part of the click, you are treated horrible.
Nice place to develop job skills.
SMBD Assembler I (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 19, 2017
Yokogawa is a nice place to work,however chance for advancing is limited to certain individuals,chance to excel in pay as well,
The Company overall treats you decent but decent does not maintain your lifestyle or help excel your life style and it does not allow growth for better chances of wages.
they say Competitive wages,I say Selective Wages.
people speak the truth,the books TELLS THE TRUTH.
THE HARDEST part about working here is the lack of commitment to the people who actually help makes the profits."THE WORKERS"
take care employee very well
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2017
I enjoy to work at Yokogawa. They take care of employee very well. everyone like a family.

Management in Yokogawa is very flexible. always employee first.
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GANovember 8, 2017
Good company to work for just bad management. Favoritism and poor training. Friend and family work environment in which some need a job they your and move you
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor training
Loved it
Executive Assistant to Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GASeptember 18, 2017
I loved my job, but the management team was lacking. Five layoffs and I got the 6th. This company is run by the Japanese in Japan and they do not realize what America does oil business wise. Most directors are out of Singapore as well.
poor direction
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 15, 2017
family atmosphere, but direction of company is seriously lagging. management misguiding employees, sales have declined rapidly, high turnover, no solid plan for recovery
benefits
Cons
communication
Too many politics and lying back stabbers
Analytics Designer (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 9, 2017
Worked for Yokogawa for 10 years and due to the poor management could not advance unless in the buddy system and/or lifers program. The companies benefits were great, management, not so much. That's the reason I give it 2 stars. Would only recommend employment there while seeking better elsewhere. Best part of the day was time to go home. Many cultures but no problems there.
Pros
Good benefits with good bonuses most the time
Cons
bad mangers and knowledge lacking but better compensated coworkers
Work culture is severely lacking
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 4, 2017
The work is decent but the culture and management are very poor. Scheduling decisions are made by management with no regard for personal time and are expected to be fine for other employees without even asking. Job advancement is basically non-existent for lower level employees. Cross-functional training is very hard to come by, management basically pigeon-holes people into a particular role.
prodictive
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJuly 26, 2017
this is the first company i worked with it while i am completing my degree and it was my first experience as a document control .they were very good group tough me in very nice way and were very patient with me.
Used to be great.
America Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2017
Management's desire is to achieve profitability via cost cutting (downsizing) instead of increasing sales. Used to be industry leader in product innovation and creativity, now on lagging edge.
Pros
Great coworkers
No Pay
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 17, 2017
There is no advacement opportunity and the pay is less than average. Interns make more than tenure employees. Management tells employees what they need to advance but never promotes those people. Line mangers have no idea what's going on because they get group leaders to do their work. Poor perfomers are not dealt with and get the same pay as overachievers. The only good thing is the insurance.