York Healthcare Employee Reviews

Stressful and not too productive
Worker (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 2, 2018
Way too much personal drama circulating around the office. not a good culture to be a part of. colleagues were very laid back and often times did not pick up the slack they were responsible for.
Please be very careful when accepting a job opportunity for this company.
No title (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 8, 2018
This job is a joke. It is extremely unprofessional, the turnover rate is high. This company highers and fires people very often, please do not leave your place of security for this job. They do not offer health insure, they do not take taxes out of your weekly pay checks. They offer a total of 10 days of benefit time for the entire year. They often forget to pay their employees. This was the worst job I ever worked for. They will swindle you during the interview process to Believe it’s an official company and once You’re hired you’ll Learn that it is a start-up company .The two owners of the company are at odds with each other, they do not get along. One Manager will hire you and the other manger will fire you. If you’re looking for a serious job and advancement, please do not accept a position with this company.
Pros
40 hour work week
Cons
Don’t take taxes out your check. Will let you go, 10 days of benefit time. Expensive Health insurance
productive and fun work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day at work consists of working one on one with patients, ensuring their safety and health.
I learned patients, time management, efficiency, and becoming very detailed.
The hardest part of the job was having to leave my patients at the end of the shift and leaving them in someone else care.
The most enjoyable part of the job was is seeing my patients happy, healthy and secure.
Great place to work for
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 25, 2016
My typical day at work is awesome. My agency, York Healthcare will always have work available for those who are looking for work. The pay is okay but I prefer to do living rather than doing regular hours if you are expecting a big check.
Productive and demanding
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 30, 2016
Taking care of those that can not fully care for themselves is a typical day at work.
I've learned how to become patient and more sympathetic towards others. I also learned that time management is crucial and essential in life. My co-workers were understanding and worked with me as a team to get the job done without errors. Caring for someone is basically having another persons life in your hands.
The hardest part of that job was having to wake up all throughout the night and having to constantly check on the patient making sure they were alright and did not have any wants or needs.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help those that could not fully help themselves and see them so happy and grateful to have your help. When the patients appreciate all the hard work and effort you put in to help them makes you feel really good inside.
Pros
Being able to get to know another person and bond with them
Cons
Sometimes you get a lack of sleep
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 27, 2015
This company provides services to the community through a lot of grants and government funded programs. It is a great out reach for the community. Very Stressful at times but if you like the fast pace, you will like it here.
Pros
Great Monday-Friday job
Cons
stressful, larger numbers of people to treat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at York Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

York Healthcare Reviews by Job Title