York Risk Services Group Inc. Employee Reviews

Positive Atmoshphere
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 27, 2018
I enjoyed working at York as the company offers career advancement (to a certain degree) and the ability to communicate directly with management. It is a laid back atmosphere as well.
In general, the office promotes for a positive working environment
Claim Assistant Worker's Compensation (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Level of experience allows for a relaxed and comfortable work flow and atmosphere. Great connection with office personnel makes for a pleasant and positive work place.
Pros
Work atmosphere and personnel along with technical tools makes for a good work place
Cons
Though well versed in the position of a CA, assigned manager presents with minor control issues
Work
Senior Loss Control/Risk Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 16, 2018
I have worked for this organization for many years they have been professional and fair with me in all dealings. I will continue tow work for them when ever possible.
Ok place to work
Sr. Workers' Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 15, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the local folks. The next layer of management was not so pleasant. I would actually go back to this place as long as that next level manager was no longer in this department. Good pay and decent benefits! I also liked the small office vibe.
Pros
Good local manager and good pay
Cons
No room for advancement
Very Stressful , But competitive and challenging
Senior medical billing analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 10, 2018
I enjoyed the work family that I made at York However the balance of work life and Home life was not balanced and could not be balanced evenly - The workflow was stressful but not as repetitive as most places so that made it tolerable.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Work flow was Stressful
That place was horrible
Technical Support Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Horrible upper management with no clear direction, way below industry required pay, and bonuses only to a certain job class (Adjuster).I do not recommend this place.
overall, unpleasant
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 10, 2017
favoritism and popularity are major factors. lack of training and clarity in proper processes and policies are major flaws. York management is horrid.
Bad place to work because of upper level mgmt.
Work comp adjuster (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 26, 2017
My Michigan office used to be an incredible place to work until it was bought by York a few years ago. As the other reviews suggest; York is trash, struggling, on a downtrend. York bought us, turned something great into something horrendous and then let our leader go. There is no training program for new employees, salaries are very low and adjusters have high claim counts. Employees are set up to fail. Our best employees are no longer with us because of the way York has mistreated us. This seems to be common among all offices. Leadership at my local level in Michigan is very good as they're mostly the same leaders as before York came in. Upper level management at York is a big joke and becoming more questionable.
Pros
Branch management, flex schedules
Cons
Low salaries, no raises, lack of communication, no training
Change
Senior Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 20, 2017
York changed operation. Very political. On this particular account, there is no support. People are working late and over their regular hour. Not a friendly work environment.
no job that I would ever recomend.
Senior Medical Bill Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 15, 2017
this was a very cut throat competeive company that cared more about the quanity in which the work was done instead of the quality. They merged with another company then decided to clean house. and fire all of us.
Pros
free lunches when we made goal.
Cons
they made us have mandatory overtime.

Want to know more about York Risk Services Group Inc.?

Ask a question
very stressful job
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 31, 2017
The most stressful job I ever had. Too much work and not enough employees. Never took a break and worked through lunch just to keep up. Came in early and even worked from home, but there was just too much to do.
Micromanaged to death
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 31, 2017
Nurses are used for their license only. You never use critical thinking skills and are expected to adhere to asinine rules set up by non clinical personnel. Cliques and favorites abound and ridiculous quotas are set to avoid any possibility of a bonus.
Dallas Texas Ex Employee
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2017
I can only speak about the Dallas Texas office. It was horrible!! I was lied to in my interview, everything promised to me was a lie. Omg the management was the absolute worst! No lie! Please pray before you except an offer from this office.
Don't Believe the Hype
Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 6, 2017
no training, you're expected to know everything the moment your butt hits the seat and if you ask a question management gives you dirty looks. Management hates to answer questions. Oh and don't make a mistake, not even a small one. If you do it's blown way out of control.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
immature management
Good Benefits
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 3, 2017
Hard place to work if you work in claims. No advancement in Clerical and Accounting at local office. Management can be a little overwhelming especially on claims adjusters.
Pros
Benefits and accrued paid time off
Cons
Advancement and Management
Great
Workers' Compensation Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 2, 2017
I love my job because I love what I do and what makes it easier to love my job are my co workers. Very helpful and such positive attitudes. Everyone works as a team!
Pros
Positive surrondings mgmt co-workers, Good teamwork throughout the whole office, Every department is willing to help another department/unit, happy place
Cons
Salary
Horrible vindictive management
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 7, 2017
You will be way underpaid, overworked, management plays by their own rules, uses your hard work to take credit for themselves. This was a good company years ago but it is trash now. Run far far away..
Pros
You get to leave at the end of the day
Cons
Too many to list
No training. Run away fast!
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 5, 2017
There is no training program. They expect you to know everything in two days. Management does not communicate. Workload is to much. Not enough people very understaffed.
Benefits
Cons
No training/poor management
Subrogation is not fun.
Subrogation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 26, 2017
My main duties included collecting payments for clients. Having to collect payments from angry people is not the most enjoyable task. You can work independently which is a plus.
Pros
Nice office space
Cons
Subrogation is not fun
Poor Management
UR (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 26, 2017
Poor Management and no communication within the department. Not a good place to work unless management was cleaned up. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to move up in the company unless you are a favorite.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at York Risk Services Group Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9