York Risk Services Group

York Risk Services Group Employee Reviews

United States317 reviews
No growth opportunities for people who would like to advance their career. Leadership is lacking from business to personal. Management is dishonest.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Bad management
Racist micro-management with no advancement opportunities. Training is pretty much non-existent and diversity is not a priority. I would never work there again unless upper management has changed.
Good company to work for. Generally takes good care of hard-working employees. Lots of opportunity for growth. Good benefits. Offers training. Absence-management should be more responsive to employees taking a leave of absence. There seems to be lack of clarity there, but overall, good company to work for.
Is a great job providing me with tons of education and lots of growth to move up. Stable job and I stayed there for very long time . A family company
Relaxed atmosphere. Friendly environment. Office management were approachable and very easy to get along with. There was an open door policy for the managers of the teams which was appreciated.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Overall a good company to work for. They seemed to have their stuff together, except their IT Dept and claims system. Problems kept all from doing their job efficiently.
I loved working at York. They were very accomodating. I learned a lot working there. The team I was part of was very supportive and friendly. If an opportunity came up to go back, I would look into it.
I really enjoy working with York! My regional manager is a great help in my success here. There is always someone available to answer questions or help out. I set my own schedule and appointments. Requires a lot of local travel to commercial businesses and a lot of phone calls. Business customers are typically great to work with. Different scenery every day!
Growing company that was feeling many pains in the time I was there. Its since been bought out which makes sense in hindsight. I had four managers in the two years I was there.
A+ company cares about the colleagues . FAIR for work life balance. Allows for flexibility with work from home. Benefits are average. Leading forward with management skills style.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Small
Good manager, benefits and pay not the best, flexible hours most of the time, somewhat challenging could have more opportunity for employees to learn and grow.
Only good part was 13 holidays,able to make your office hours and culture within the office. Job task was manageable. However, there was no growth and management was horrible.
This would be an ok job for someone retired or to earn a little extra money. They only pay around $35 per job which ends up being 3-4 hours of your day. Not worth it. I did learn that you can ask for more money, especially if the job is far away and they will normally pay extra, but overall it’s not worth it. Sporadic work load. Dealing with rude customers, and the reports take forever to do. I’d be at my desk at 10-11 at night working on reports,
This was not a company I loved as a caseload was dropped on me of about 300 files in which no one has worked on in over 3 years lots of catching up that was impossible for one person if another account was handle would have been better
High turnover after the 3rd company buyout and name change as of Dec 2019. Accounting team was incompetent like the managers. HR does not protect you. Fired accounting manager and replaced with a low level interpretation manager with No experience. No security or growth. No training they refer you to PDF. Gossip and favoritism. Look elsewhere seriously.
Pros
Pay check when they get the numbers right
Cons
Job security, no growth, favortism
They could care less about giving you tasks that are meaningful. I would complete tasks they gave me so quickly they finally give me a list of the same sequence of 4 numbers over 5000 times. Everyday for 8 hours straight. It was rediculous, when I kept asking for more meaningful work to do I was fired for not being at my desk at all times.
Enjoyed working at York Risk Services Group. The job required a lot of over-time but it was rewarding. Local level management was good to work with.
York Risk Management was a growing company that created a strong work environment to help an employee succeed.
They allowed for growth within the company.
It was very challenging and rewarding -very god place to work -excellent
chance for advancement and growth. Management was very good and people helped out each other and very helpful to one and other..
Overworked and underpaid, unrealistic goals. The company's bottom line is most important. Largest turnover 01/2016-2018. "Retired" and/or dismissed the majority of the original staff to support a less customer-oriented model of business.
Noisy & hostile environment. Your co-workers can not be trusted. Do NOT expect HR to help resolve issues. They are there to support the company. Management more interested in bottom line than there employees.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at York Risk Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight