York Risk Services Group Employee Reviews

Flexible
Commercial Loss Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 13, 2018
No review summary beyond basic which is receiving assignments for loss control inspections but sometimes without specific requirements outlined. Unless you clarify with the supervisor exactly what is expected, you may not get paid.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Satisfactory
Medical Only Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 12, 2018
A normal day is to received claims and call to check to see how long claimants had been out of work. Call the medical providers to sere how long they will be out of work. Enter all the information into the system. Close files once completed. Pay all medical bills. Work on diaries to do completion of work.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Last Manager mirco managed made it stressful
Productivity & en
Risk Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
Typical work day: contacting clients; scheduling and conducting surveys. I have learned time and client management. Hardest part of job: daily travel with long distances and low pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking with clients and insureds and performing risk control surveys and assisting insureds reduce their liability exposures.
Pros
Performing risk control assessments and surveys.
Cons
Per per client, no benefits, no career advancement.
Account Executive
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2018
The job would be awesome were it not for the fact the company has to be working a strategic financial plan no one except upper-level executives understands.
Pros
I love the work
Cons
Executive leadership ENTIRELY financially driven.
Very rewarding for those who are willing to work.
Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 12, 2018
This is an excellent company to work for. I have always been treated fairly and professionally.

I was assigned as many insurance claims as I could handle but never inundated with unnecessary work.

You have to produce quality work but are rewarded for your efforts. Second rate production is not tolerated.
Pros
Great Pay if you are self motivated. Pay is commission.
Cons
Not really any if you want to work and make money as an adjuster.
Be Careful
Contractor (Former Employee) –  KansasSeptember 12, 2018
This company was not honest with me regarding the amount of work in my area. Could have been a good place to work, the system seemed cumbersome especially for larger audits. Just beware of their promises because they never came through for me.
Standard Corporate Structure
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 12, 2018
Company has become your standard corporate structure however significant and constant changes to identity, culture, incentive programs, claim handling operations are creating some growing pains. Generally good company to work for.
Work here at your own risk --- read reviews first
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 11, 2018
20 plus years but when the company but bought out by equity company & it sank and is still sinking. Turnover of management is excessive.....Cutbacks. High turnover at all levels.
Pros
Cons
unknowledgeable management - smoke and mirrors
Management Not Held Accountable
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 29, 2018
I would NOT recommend you work for this company. They do not treat their employees well, they sing a good song and play a good dance - but I assure you it is all a facade. No one is held accountable, upper management is frustratingly unaware or absolutely ignorant of what goes on in day to day operations. If you are good at BSing and not actually accomplishing anything you're hired as management. Everyone else good luck.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
lack of transparency
Official response from York Risk Services Group
September 5, 2018

I am sorry that you had this experience. I hope that you were able to share your concerns, citing specifics, before you left. Accountability is important to us. It would be really beneficial to get your feedback. Please reach out to me so that I might be able to address.

Just a number
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 29, 2018
Loyalty is not rewarded and client expectations are set unreasonably high and adjuster pendings set so that best practices can not be met.
To this company you are just a number.
Unorganized
Senior Casualty Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2018
This place is horribly unorganized. They have adjusters with over 600 claims and there is no help. They don't have a work flow or any point of reference or instructions on how they want you to handle claims
Pros
Flexibility
Official response from York Risk Services Group
August 27, 2018

We appreciate candid feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve employee experiences and engagement. We strive to keep our caseloads consistent with industry standards. Our focus is to hire top talent who demonstrate alignment with our core values (CARES - Collaboration, Accountability, Results, Excellence) and Standards) while balancing this against our hiring needs. We are committed to continuously monitoring and reassessing assigned inventory levels for our staff in order to provide excellent customer service. We are making considerable investments in hiring and team expansion in order to better balance workloads across our claims organization. York has an excellent training program and also offers significant support to its adjusters by utilizing a Customer Service Group to handle the administrative level tasks.

Horrible
Absence Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 16, 2018
Bad experience all around. They promote young immature people to be supervisors to micromanage and then the managers allow them to continue to harass employees. There are employees leaving there like this place is going bankrupt. HORRIBLE atmosphere..Just DON'T!
Pros
wearing jeans
Cons
Everything else...just a HORRIBLE experience.
Don't even consider
staff (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 10, 2018
Lack of communication, transparency, or accountability. There is low level of moral, no culture. All the treatment is departmental and not unified across the company. No work life balance offered. Turn over is too high. Management does not promote advancement internal or external, nor do they award or recognize your efforts. No bonus and a 1-2% increase. Work is passed on and inherited, which leaves employees overworked and with lack of efficiency to do their own job.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Everything!
Fun staff
Adjuster, Property & Casualty Claims III (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 9, 2018
I enjoy the people I work with at York. I have learned great team building skills while working here. Unfortunately I have lost my desire to handle and adjust claims. I want to do something different.
Supportive management team
Insurance auditor (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 2, 2018
Sometimes difficult working alone with no connection to fellow employees. Hardest part of the job is obtaining and attaching many documents to the audits.
Pros
Extra money
Cons
Tedius repetative audit requirements
Good balance of work and family life
Loss-Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 1, 2018
I had a good balance of work and family life. The rest of the company seems very disorganized. The IT support is horrible. HR support is horrible. Chance for advancement is not there.
Overload
Senior Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 1, 2018
There are not enough employees to handle the ever-increasing workload. This results in all workers being pushed to the point of burnout, and creates extraordinary stress.
work load was not suffient to sustain profitability
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tyler texasJuly 16, 2018
The years spent at York started out profitable, however the work load dwindled down to where it was no longer profitable. Management was pleasant work was enjoyable. If work was available in Dallas Texas which is where I started, I was never assigned work there which stopped being assigned after about a year. If I could work in the metro plex area as well as Tyler I would still be working.
Independent and reliable job
LOSS CONTROL FIELD REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Southern CAJuly 10, 2018
This job was part time job as an independent loss control consultant.
The company is based in Louisiana and New Jersey. I was assigned to conduct surveys for property and casualty and Workers compensation in southern California.
A typical day at work was scheduling appointments and conducting surveys at work place and/or facilities.
Management was contacted by email and phone calls only. The reports were submitted as needed by email.
Management was professional and fair.
the most enjoyable part of my job was that it was being independent and making my own schedule.
Frenetic workplace, limited Resources and Leadership turnover
Vice President Client Services- National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 9, 2018
Poor quality control and continuous senior leadership turnover results in repetitive issues never resolved.

High employee turnover, lack of appreciation, and failure to meet annual goals. Low compensation/bonuses due to failing performance
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at York Risk Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight