York Risk Services Group Employee Reviews

Super Unstable
Property & Casualty Claims Adjuster II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2019
I had such high hopes for this company. It seems super unstable and know one knows what is happening. There is not much training so if you come in you have to really have experience or you will fail.
Culture Change Needed
Absence Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 8, 2019
A typical work day consists of the same tasks every day. There is never any variety or autonomy in your work day. There is high turnover in all levels including executives. Employees are not rewarded for good work or even acknowledged. The hardest part about the job is dealing with the constant phone calls from clients who do not take advice and only want to complain. The entire culture of the organization needs to be changed in order for them to retain employees.
A day at York
IT Technician II (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 10, 2018
Always something to fix or a person to help with an IT issue. Work through my lunch almost everyday. New systems being pushed into the network without proper testing first causing a flood of support tickets. Not enough people available on the service desk to support the call queue. Many calls getting help up in hold times.
Pros
Not too much Micro Management
Cons
Very little advancement opportunities
Do not recommend
Absence Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 7, 2018
your stress level will be off the charts. I never had a poor experence with an employer until now. Managers/supervisors even stepping down, quitting, or being fired. expectations are not realistic for the amount of work given
Pros
not sure of any
Cons
the culture, management, lack of structure
Poor Pay/Advancement, Operational Deficiencies, Feast or Famine w/ Overtime
OSC Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 29, 2018
Poor pay, poor management, lack of advancement for my department. I was in the operations side and while I clean side seem to be doing better than we were, the operations side was underappreciated, overworked, and then we had our hours reduced and the whole job became a worthless exercise as there was no more overtime. Our paychecks basically took a huge cut. We went through multiple managers in a year. First and only job I have ever quit without having another job to go to.
Pros
Sometimes we get bagels and or goodies from vendors in the break room
Cons
Everything of any material importance in a job (Hey, career advancement opportunities, work life balance
Worse place to work
Commercial Bodily Injury Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 27, 2018
The software is very outdated, and it was hard to navigate the system. The software is from the late 90’s. The caseload from complex litigated claims were at 300 per desk. The management higher than my manager didn’t take interest in what the employees were trying to say. Managers were the only people who gained new positions and promotions. If this company were the last company on earth to work for, I would live off the land so I wouldn’t need money to survive.
Pros
Could leave at anytime for emergencies
Cons
Outdated computer systems, No opportunity for advancement.
It's just a check
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2018
If you are looking for growth within a company, York is not the place for you. What you are hired on for is where you will remain regardless of your work performance and education level. They do give positive words of affirmation when a task is completed but when it comes time for your raise, you will not see any advancements. Sadly, raises don't even cover the increasing cost of living. The work environment is unhealthy and they do no promote a healthy work/life balance. This is not a family type of company.
Cons
Poor management, poor leadership, no room for growth, employees never smile, etc.
Loved doing case management in the workers compensation venue
Nurse (Former Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 11, 2018
The original company Forte who merged/bought Frank Gate and enamel Avizent was an Awesome place to work! Had it stayed Avizent I would have given it a 10/10 for everything! But when York bought the company it went downhill quickly! It turned my mentor-Manager who was awesome & I respected highly into the total opposite ofwhatshewas- she became a micromanager, did not want the case managers or team leaders to “ think” we were told we were paid to do as we were told. They hired a very much older person with outdated experience & NO MANAGEMENT ETHICS tone the QA Director - after that it became an IMPOSSIBLE PLACE TO WORK- it was toxic & the management became hostile to direct reports, high turnover & very emotional & mentally exhaustive place to work. Extremely stressful. Several intelligent, dedicated & experienced nurse case managers left over a few years- very very sad.
Pros
None at the time I left back in the first year of York taking over
Cons
York Risk Services taking over
Good job, challenging
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 26, 2018
Overall the job was good. It was challenging, but there was no where to grow into a higher level. Immediate Supervisor was a good person to work with.
Pros
Challenging job
Cons
No room to grow
Day after day
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 24, 2018
I did enjoy working with this company but over the years the company started changing and not always for the better. There was lack of room to move up. The company lacks in training documents and communication in some areas.
Stay away from the Mandeville office!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAOctober 22, 2018
The training was horrible. They really don’t put a lot into it. The pay is horrible. The benefits are thru the roof. If you get something wrong most of the adjusters will send you a nasty email.
Pros
Cons
Insurance is to high. Staff is not friendly or helpful.
You’re a number, not a name
Lost Time Examiner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2018
Company grew too quickly and decided to fit all examiners, regardless of experience, into one job title. Their retention is pretty bad and they don’t even bother replacing people who leave. Their motto seems to be “do more with less.”
Pros
You can wear jeans every day
Cons
Low salary, company is cutting budgets left and right
Flexible
Commercial Loss Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 13, 2018
No review summary beyond basic which is receiving assignments for loss control inspections but sometimes without specific requirements outlined. Unless you clarify with the supervisor exactly what is expected, you may not get paid.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Satisfactory
Medical Only Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 12, 2018
A normal day is to received claims and call to check to see how long claimants had been out of work. Call the medical providers to sere how long they will be out of work. Enter all the information into the system. Close files once completed. Pay all medical bills. Work on diaries to do completion of work.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Last Manager mirco managed made it stressful
Productivity & en
Risk Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
Typical work day: contacting clients; scheduling and conducting surveys. I have learned time and client management. Hardest part of job: daily travel with long distances and low pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking with clients and insureds and performing risk control surveys and assisting insureds reduce their liability exposures.
Pros
Performing risk control assessments and surveys.
Cons
Per per client, no benefits, no career advancement.
Account Executive
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2018
The job would be awesome were it not for the fact the company has to be working a strategic financial plan no one except upper-level executives understands.
Pros
I love the work
Cons
Executive leadership ENTIRELY financially driven.
Very rewarding for those who are willing to work.
Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 12, 2018
This is an excellent company to work for. I have always been treated fairly and professionally.

I was assigned as many insurance claims as I could handle but never inundated with unnecessary work.

You have to produce quality work but are rewarded for your efforts. Second rate production is not tolerated.
Pros
Great Pay if you are self motivated. Pay is commission.
Cons
Not really any if you want to work and make money as an adjuster.
Be Careful
Contractor (Former Employee) –  KansasSeptember 12, 2018
This company was not honest with me regarding the amount of work in my area. Could have been a good place to work, the system seemed cumbersome especially for larger audits. Just beware of their promises because they never came through for me.
Standard Corporate Structure
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 12, 2018
Company has become your standard corporate structure however significant and constant changes to identity, culture, incentive programs, claim handling operations are creating some growing pains. Generally good company to work for.
Work here at your own risk --- read reviews first
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 11, 2018
20 plus years but when the company but bought out by equity company & it sank and is still sinking. Turnover of management is excessive.....Cutbacks. High turnover at all levels.
Pros
Cons
unknowledgeable management - smoke and mirrors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at York Risk Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight