York Telecom Corporation Employee Reviews

Not worth working for
Engineer (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCJuly 27, 2018
Personally it took me a lot to write because I believe letting a person experience things for themselves. Yorktel is not a company that's worth working for. No career advancement, poor pay and bad management. When I was working for them we changed management and personnel like changing your socks. I know that sound crazy but it's true. They have a problem keeping employees. Many leave for advancement and better pay. They try to hire you at the lowest salary possible. If you don't do your research prior to accepting the job then you are screwed. You must speak up to get things done. For those that know this saying " A close mouth doesn't get feed". You must use your voice to get advancement in this company. This review I am doing is the truth. I left on good terms and Yorktel was there for me but they should be ashamed and question their ethic and integrity. A dishonest company can never go any where but down.
Pros
Cons
No career advancement, poor pay and bad management. Dishonest company
I personally would not recommend Yorktel
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Severn, MDJuly 25, 2018
Management is very dishonest and does not care about the employees only the contract. All the employees must protect themselves by documenting all conversations with the corporate office because there is no truth within them at all. Always cover your own backside.
Pros
The benefits are great
Cons
Not trustworthy
Fun place to work for, very caring of its employees.
Visual Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDJuly 2, 2018
When I worked for York Telecom I enjoyed my work and those I worked with. We were a good team of contracted employees who worked for the Social Security Administration, but there was practically no chance for advancement, and when I was offered a federal job I took the opportunity.
Pros
nice vacation package, christmas gifts
Cons
salary was lower than it could have been, little chance for advancement
High Tech company with a relaxed atmosphere
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJMarch 28, 2018
Loved working here but eventually i outgrew my position with no where to go. Had to leave for better opportunities when the chance to work with the startup courier service came along,
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
career advancement limited in my field
Lack of true respect for employee stress.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJOctober 6, 2017
Managers run employees into the ground. It's all about the C level employees and the bottom line with nothing but smoke and mirrors to run day to day operations.
It's a self driven place
Any (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJAugust 10, 2017
You are what you make it. People are very friendly to help when they can. Pretty fun culture. They allow you to work from home which is nice. It's a solid company.
Excellent Company to Work For.
Contractor - AT&T (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJOctober 18, 2015
Mr. York hired me as a consultant to work for Tom Giuffrida again at AT&T Bell Laboratories. I was hired part-time and was paid a very nice compensation for my work. It was a pleasure working for York Telecom.
Pros
Excellent Company to Work For with Just Compensation
Fun group of co-workers that I miss.
Events Coord. for B28 Auditorium & Confr.  (Former Employee) –  Amgen World Headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 14, 2013
Overall my experience with York Telecom, Inc. was good. I miss working with the AV Techs whose sense of humor breaks stress filled tense moments and my cubby mate who was funny and witty as we worked the OT hours together.

I miss working with our Amgen Pharmaceuticals clients and being on campus or in the state of the art auditoriums and conference centers. Walking on the beautiful green tree filled campus at Amgen World Headquarters in Thousand Oaks even in the wee early morning hours was an amazing experience. So beautiful!

Advice if you are new to Amgen and will do lots of walking, wear comfortable shoes, flats or wedges because the cement tiles are edged with a soft flexible silicone or rubber that thin high heels fall into while walking.

HR, Finance, R &S, LAW, Oncology, Pharnacokinetics, and AmGym were my favorite departments to work with and I do miss them a lot!
Pros
The feeling that you are making a difference in the world.
Cons
York Telecom, Inc. Management doesn't always have your back unless you are on it.
Great Sales Team, Great customer service department
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJFebruary 12, 2013
Great Sales Team, Great customer service department. Training programs could be improved.
half way decent
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJAugust 6, 2012
typical day for me was constant calls. discovered the "long timers" did not like the "new people" coming in. Most of the employees were great to get along with. They bought a "warehouse" in another state and the company ended up biting off more then they could chew. They ended up laying off people and the company struggled. If they liked you you stayed, if they didn't you were out the door. Managers had no clue what we went through on a day to day basis to get the job done. all they knew was they were looking at the bottom dollar. not fair to employees at all.
Cons
no communication