Yorktown Systems Group Employee Reviews

Review about Yorktown.
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 11, 2018
Typical day at work is good. I have good management and the work place culture is great. The hardest part of the job is not being informed and the most enjoyable part of the job is all the people.
Very professional HQ staff and employees to work with
Program Manager/Train the Trainer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 16, 2018
Ensuring that all employees were in the right place at the right time doing the right thing. Ensured that any and all issues were addressed and handled professionally. Ensured that all timecards were completed correctly on a daily basis. Managment was very easy to work with and could be reached at any time.
Pros
The staff made it very easy and comfortable to come to work with a smile.
Great company!
VA Benefits Advisor-Site Lead (Former Employee) –  MCAS Cherry Point, NCMarch 8, 2018
I enjoyed my experience with Yorktown Systems Group. I would recommend the company to others. I always felt supported and would return to the company.
Pros
The leadership works well with all employees.
Cons
N/a
Good Company to work for
Spanish Language Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCDecember 31, 2017
Work is fine. I enjoy working with the students. It can be very rewarding and that is why I love to work with the soldiers. Good company to work for.
Pros
type of work
Cons
job security
Fun place to work
Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCDecember 21, 2017
I like the manager of this company. She is very helpful. I like the co-workers. I enjoyed everything from this company. They offered good benefits for the employees.
Decieving
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  FSIDecember 18, 2017
Deceiving Management.
Received gratitude for the job well done yet was dismissed without any reasons given.
I was not the only one treated very deceiving by this company.
They will use you and get rid of you.
I greatly regret working with them.
Great place to start Govt Contracting
IDSME (Former Employee) –  VADecember 5, 2017
Company is young and hungry. Better than their bigger counterparts.

Great support from corporate, especially the HR staff. Pleasantly surprised. Would do it again.
Pros
Good teamwork from the seasoned staff
Cons
Subcontracting for larger companies was not a good experience, but the nature of the beast.
Great Company
Master Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 8, 2017
The company leadership and staff were excellent and they would do anything to help their employees. It is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that emphasizes on taking care of their employees similar to the way the military takes care of their service members and families.
Pros
Company leadership and support staff
Cons
Government contracts (temporary)
Great job
Tier 1 Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 19, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Yorktown ownership was great and very good at what they do. I have had experiences at jobs none quite like Yorktown. The staff were very unique and pleasant to me during my time as a temp.
Work with a little fun thrown in...
Advanced Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren, VASeptember 28, 2017
This is a very fast-paced, high pressure environment, but everyone here treats you like family. There are different division within the office, some are busier than others.
Very professional atmosphere
Site Lead, VA Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 23, 2017
Yorktown Systems Group is a Veteran own company that hires Veterans. this is a great company to work for and with. They do great training, provide great benefits, and their staff excel at all they do.
Pros
Veterans taking care of Veterans
Cons
none-unless you leave then you miss it.
Very busy but fun appreciative place to work
Advanced Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 13, 2017
You just can't beat their upper management. Great government customer personal acknowledgement soften many bonuses all around great place to work.
I would recommend Yorktown and their subs to any of my friends
Excellence
French Instructor (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 16, 2017
Tha's all Yorktown Systems stands for. We have a great CEO who cares about the well being of his employees.
Also the perfect team to work and partner with.
This company is not loyal
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 23, 2017
This company is not loyal to its employees. Employees or contractors are easily replaced and their is little job security. The work load can be excessive.
Stay away!!!
Field Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 7, 2017
Culture sucks and management is rude. Pays you based on 40 hour work weeks but expects you to work 50-60 hours a week. They lowball pay but expects you to work your butt off. Management is dilisuional and it wouldn't surprise me if they end up on the verge of bankruptcy again. Don't take a job there and expect a personal life. Executives are rude to employees and it won't take long for their terrible reputation to get out.
Pros
Cons
Everything you could imagine
no room to excell
VA Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXApril 27, 2017
Yorktown is a good employer but, they are a sub contractor and the main contractor Calibre is not too good as far as raises, room to grow. They do not put a people first impression
Amazing, fun, and productive
Arabic - Iraqi Language Instructor and Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35806March 22, 2017
Amazing, fun, and productive
Good management
excellent communication
More work with less salary
Teaching others to survive
I learned a lot of management skills
A challenging and interesting work focused on support to deploying soldiers
Center for Army Lessons Learned Analyst (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIMarch 19, 2014
A typical day started with reviewing in coming requests for information and researching databases and open sources of information, consolidating the data and forwarding it to the requestor and their unit. In anticipation of requests from others this data was forwarded for informational purposes to other units. My co workers were spread throughout the U.S. and we provided mutual support on issues, e.g., explosive device training and tactics, jungle warfare tactics. I supported all of the Army units in Hawaii and on an as required basis the Marines getting ready to deploy. The biggest challenge was managing massive amounts of data and providing the te required information to the requestor and ensuring that he was not inundated with data. The most enjoyable part of the job was coordinating with my fellow analysts at other units and then working with soldiers.
Pros
Having realtime information, analyzing it and disseminating it
Cons
Contractual work
Government Friendly
Senior Training and Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VADecember 3, 2013
High expectations and dedicated to delivering a solid product for the government.
Military Analyst
Military Analyst (Former Employee) –  FOrt Meade, MarylandDecember 3, 2013
Serves as the Liaison Officer (LNO) between the Division Leadership and CALL for all Lessons Learned weeks to gather most recent tactics, techniques and procedures and serve as the LNO between CALL and Division for After Actions Review (AAR) and the Key Leader Interview process. Observe, research, analyze, report, collect, disseminate and recommend Techniques, Tactics and Procedures (TTP),After Actions Review (AAR), activities, training, operations, administration and capabilities relative to the performance of essential tasks to units through the use of CALL share-point.