YOSEMITE COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT Employee Reviews

Positive Environment in a Beautiful Location
Administrative Technician (Current Employee) –  Sonora, CAJuly 24, 2019
YCCD works hard to please their staff and faculty. There are a lot of resources and room for advancement. Co-workers are generally friendly and willing to work as a team for a common goal.
Great place good benefits
PAROLL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 30, 2019
I loved my job and enjoyed my experience. I'm grateful for the skills and information I learned. Training was provided as needed and great support staff.
Pros
Great people and great benefits
Cons
Summer hours pulling 10 hour shifts
Really laid back work place
HelpDesk Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 22, 2018
this place is really laid back and you have free time to do homework or any other things you might need to do during slow hours. everyone is really helpful if you dont understand something and if you're going to be late or need to call in sick they are very understanding.
Pros
free time
Cons
hours
Was a nice school district with big gymnasium
Adjunct Teacher of Physical Activities (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 21, 2018
Depending on the semester, I would teach two to four classes a day approximately four days a week, teaching students how to find a balance between tension with relaxation.
I learned a lot about balancing collaborative work with independent working, while also strengthening my communication skills through speaking to large diverse groups of students.
Management was very amiable. They liked me, I liked them. They valued what I brought to the students.
Workplace culture was ethical, professional and supportive of student development.
The hardest part of the job was being unable to pick up at least four classes every semester.
The most enjoyable part was every semester and everyday that I had that job.
Great school and employees
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 6, 2018
Great school. The employees were very helpful when I needed assistance. All employees worked hard to get the job done even if that meant working overtime.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 20, 2018
A typical work day consisted in cleaning office buildings. Using different equipment to clean floors. Management was great. Learned how to use different equipment.
Fun Place
CAMPUS SAFETY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 29, 2017
This job for me was only part time. It was pretty relaxed. Full time is the way to go with place. They pay well and full benefits. Overtime is usually voluntary.
Pros
Good pay, Good benefits
Cons
Campus safety is 24/7
no future good Exp
Mechanical tech (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 3, 2016
Served as tech for the energy management team, handled a busy schools air conditioning heating and hot water systems functioned as primary liaison to customers and ensured a consistently positive customer experience.
Helped drive a 50% increase in customer satisfaction (as measured by a customer survey in 2003).
Created automated daily stats report that reduced inaccuracies and provided management with an important decision-making tool.
Quickly became a trusted assistant to the college president, executive staff and office manager and earned a reputation for maintaining a positive attitude and producing high-quality work. Worked with Energy Manger to gather Data for reports. Building maintenance and planned service.
Pros
Job EXP.
Cons
part time only work 180 days
Awesome
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 13, 2015
Yosemite Community College District is a great place to work. Management is very supportive and gives you the tools to do your job well.
positive work environment
Communications Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 26, 2014
working with students is the most enjoyable part of the job. Management is good, and co workers attitudes vary. Learned how to be extremely patient.
No comment.
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 26, 2013
Individuality is not encouraged. Do your job, stay within policy and procedure and at most workplaces you will have no worries about your job. Ultimately, this was not my experience at YCCD.
Excellent place to work and study
Economics & Business Administration Tutor (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 5, 2012
I was a student tutor and can say that all my needs were met. Of course since I was on call my benefits were nil, I found the workers there to be fairly well taken care of.
Pros
comfortable work week
Cons
some bureaucracy