Yost & Baill Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisAugust 30, 2017
They do not treat employees equally. The pay is not very good. The vacation time is not the going market rate. False promises. The culture is not good.
Good!
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 9, 2016
Love. Working here is good. people are nice. I only want to leave because trump got elected.

I am so sad trump got elected. This is bull. I don't like it. Is there a way to skip filling this out?
Let go within 3 months
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 21, 2016
Let go within required time frame but was told a every different story than at my 30 day review which made me feel like I was lied to about the direction they really wanted with the firm.
Pros
Great interview, met everyone on the team, taken out to lunch, team gatherings
Cons
Mislead about direction they wanted me to learn
Small law office, great people, flexible.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 23, 2015
I am fairly new to the paralegal field and was told that they looked at 100 resumes, picked 10 to interview, picked 3 out of those 10 to come in for a second interview, and I was chosen.

Their interview process is pretty awesome; you interview at first with your managing attorney(s), the second interview you meet the firms managing attorney and then go get a coffee with the lead paralegal of the team they are hiring for; property or auto.

I was offered the job fairly quickly and was to start after the New Year. On March 20, I was "laid off" due to them wanting to "revamp the property team" and this was within my first 90 days of employment.

According to their reason I "wasn't catching on fast enough," Training was pretty scarce; I had one day with a training binder that I had to put together and then pretty much left to my own devices, although I could ask questions.

At my 30 day review, I was told that I was doing a great job and that I just had to focus on my note taking during meetings which did get better. From my 30 day review to my firing, I was not spoken to about anything that I may have done or not done.

I'm hoping that they truly are wanting to reorganize the team and that they didn't fire me for something that could have been explained/fixed by speaking to me about it.
Pros
Flexible schedule, neat interview process, quiet work environment
Cons
Lack of communication
Positive Soulful Learning
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 7, 2014
Going to the center was not only positive but eye opening. Each day I was taught something new not only about my strength but about the good that comes from this world and the good people in it.
I will forever be grateful.
Pros
the kind souls that I met
Cons
location