You Move Me Employee Reviews

Fun and stressful place to work
Crew Lead (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 31, 2018
I love the job, and the people I meet every day. Customers always thank and appreciate us, and treat us respectfully. Although I would love to keep working for this company; I simply can’t due to unsteady weekly hours/wages, and poor management. Work weeks usually range between 12-55 hrs, and more often than not we are extremely misinformed about the jobs we work daily.
Pros
Work at your own pace, Tips
Cons
Poor Management, lack of lunch breaks, poor work/life balance
job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 23, 2018
Long unpredictable hours. Early start time. Work out while working. Mostly good co-workers and management. Moving is mentally hard but they have good training =
Best moving company EVER!
Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Greater Los AngelesJuly 11, 2018
I love absolutely love working for You move me! There is great teamwork and culture here. We become one big happy family that anyone would be grateful to have.
You move me
Mover (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 9, 2018
I feel that they were not that organized properly and there was up and downs regarding hours of work some weeks you may only work 2 days out of the week others you may work 5 it's very hard work for the pay and and they not not offer raises also there was no tax returns from check due to the fact we were not on a w2 forum
work
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 29, 2018
hard work but very great place to work caring loving almost felt like family room to grow willing to train friendly great place for someone that likes to stay busy
fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2018
it was nice working with people I already know so that made a little less stressful . we all came from another job doing the same thing so everybody knew what do making it easy on everybody
Pros
got good tips
Cons
sometimes we work real late
Bad management
Team lead driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 24, 2018
The job was fun fast past always have hours no matter what usually but it’s a good job overall and the tips are super lovely something you wouldn’t mind getting daily
unbelievable culture and work atmosphere
Mover/Driver (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 22, 2018
extremely relaxed work culture with a great group of co workers. I finally enjoy coming to work every day! You get the opportunity to change lives every day as well as make good money doing it!
Pros
Work environment
Cons
lifting heavy stuff
Not an easy job
Moving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 27, 2018
It can be stressful since, lack of anticipating time when finishing a job. Pay was decent and the work environment can really stress someone out if you not capable of not pulling your weight.
Productive and fast pace enviroment.
Team Lead/Driver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 14, 2017
Leading crews of three to twelve people to efficiently and carefully pack clients possessions. Unloading the trucks in a timely manner and in way that provides excellent customer satisfaction.
Productive and fun place to work
Driver/Mover (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, GAOctober 13, 2017
i learned alot from this job as far taking care of people property..some days can be stressful and some days can be fun but the hardest part of the job moving when its hot out.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
be sore the next day
great people
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 4, 2017
everyone works as a team and is nice to each other. management is always respectful to everyone. they all take pride in their work... good exercise...
Pros
bonus for a great job
An "OK" Experience
Mover (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 26, 2017
Working for You Move Me was a typical moving job. The best thing i could probably say about this job is, I got to see things that I never saw before. The management was poor. I felt with my experience i should have had a bigger pay-rate. But thats my own opinion. There wasn't so many moves but the moves that were made were big moves.
Pros
moves
Cons
pay rate
Fast Paced, Heavy Lifting, Long hours but sporadic work load
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INSeptember 22, 2017
A typical day at work started at 7:00 am when you set up the truck, and take inventory of what supplies you need for the job. Typically arrived at the job anywhere from 8:00 am to 9:30 am. As team lead I was responsible for training new movers on safety and lifting process. Packing the truck was typically my responsibility but as team lead I trained associates on proper packing procedures. Another important part of the team leads responsibilities was customer relations. Most days during the busy season, March through September we worked 12 to 15 hour days or longer. I learned how to drive a 20 to 24 foot truck or larger, a great deal about service and satisfaction and managing inexperienced crews. My opinion was that the hours worked during busy season could have been managed better. Workplace culture was friendly when the team worked together, however it could be stressful when new team members were working and learning at the same time. The hardest part of my job was the daily heavy lifting and physical stress as many weeks we worked 6 days a week. During the slow season work was manageable to slow. The best part of the job was seeing beautiful homes, meeting wonderful clients, amusing clients, local celebrities and then some disagreeable clients that had to be managed. I did enjoy the work but need a more consistent work schedule.
Pros
Tips were common
Cons
Inconsistant work hours
It Is a Job
Moving Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa,OklahomaAugust 29, 2017
Come into work get what truck you are going to be on the route number,time jobs, ect. start times see how many routes you have on the day. The hardest of part is training new people because it's work to load 3 our4 bed room house people quite on you on the job a lot which I was a lead so finish the job on too the next attitude keep me going. The most enjoyable part was when the job was done you get a tip most 85% of the time I got one.
Pros
if you got enough hours you see nice money
Cons
not getting enough hour
Moving Company
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 22, 2017
orked long hours 5 days a week. The employees and customers were good to work with. Company was sold right when I left. Didn't have a chance to work there that long.
Working at You MOve Me
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNAugust 18, 2017
idk what to say here, Its not a bad job but it does get slow at times and then there is no work for the other employees. Makes it hard to run the company when there is no work. I do love the people here and its a great environment, just a few things that need to be changed.
Great Concept
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2017
You Move Me is a great concept in theory but in practicality its system is backwards and not for the customers. When a customer calls YMM they actually call the headquarters in Canada who's sales team or your estimator is paid on some type of commission based. Ive been on numerous moves that should never even taken place and been sent out to job sites with no inventory to help the movers out and have been understaffed countless times.
Pros
Great Looking Trucks
Cons
Poor execution on customer service
What a Wonderful team
Mover (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 17, 2017
Working with the fellas at you move me was such a great experience. Fun and easy going work environment with great tips at the end of each day. Was always happy going to work and fell in love with how physically demanding the job was. Best shape in my life!
Was a nice job to work at but dont get alot of hours to work with
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 17, 2017
Hope they give more money on your pay cause you are moving and lifting heavy weight but other then that job was pretty cool if I was to go back to working for you move me hope they fix the pay rate.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at You Move Me. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about