YouFit Health Clubs Employee Reviews

Corporate changes downgraded the quality of working
Sales/customer service (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 2, 2019
If you had started working for the company 3+ years, it was a great time to work for the company. They really strived to keep both employees and customers happy. We had good hours (wages not so good) end of the month piece of the pie, incentives and opportunities for advancements. Now its much different, hours are always cut, huge favoritism, no incentives, no piece of the pie, constantly changing policies both for employees and members and no salary raises.
Enjoyable with the right management in place
Membership Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2019
I have worked at multiple locations within the company and found that at some locations general managers do not care and don’t even pretend to care about the company. Some management does not work hard to hit goals and only relies on their team to make that happen. In addition, some managers help you grow and understand all aspects of business and others don’t train employees in the slightest.
A typical work day very relaxed, you have a list of people who have shown interest in becoming a member and call them inviting them in.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting interesting people and creating relationships with fellow employees at multiple locations.
Not a Career oriented job
Assistant Fitness Director (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 9, 2018
Besides the culture of the clubs being very good, the company and upper management are polar opposites. The consistent policy changes and “nickel and diming” of employees is pathetic. The most recent change was for the Personal Trainers to no longer receive their paid session rate when a client cancels on them last minute. This may be the only gym facility I’ve ever heard of to do such a thing to it’s hard working employees without an explanation.

Management stealing your leads, forcing you to no longer contact clients through texting, pay stubs not equaling to the sessions you completed so you have to wait for back pay after emailing corporate; the company is purely laughable.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Corporate and upper management
Great starter gym for personal trainers or people dedicated to exercise health
Youfit Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2018
I have worked for Youfit for 4 years. I worked as a trainer and front desk so I was able to see both sides of the company. Loved the environment and the people. Working there so long I got to work closely with many people, some longer than others. High stress when the company starts to suffer with memberships and personal training. Compensation wasn't the greatest, Youfit Corp only cares about themselves and their money. My overall experience was great, but not fit for everyone.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Low pay, money hungry
It’s a good place to work while you’re in high school or college
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLDecember 14, 2018
good job if it’s just that, a job. It’s not a lifelong thing and corporate is constantly shaking up so you never feel safe, they need to raise the $$
Pros
You’ll like the people you work with, they get you through the day
Cons
They don’t pay that great compared to other places they start at 9$, upper management is very much for themselves and not their employees
Served its purpose
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 20, 2018
Overqualified industry veteran, due to this being a low dollar entity it de-values the other mid and upper level health clubs in the fitness industry. Sign of the times, I shouldn't complain. My supervisors were actually solid guys who seemed to love the company and training. Rare
Pros
Flexibility, solid training
Cons
No commission, very low bonus structure, Corporate America😐
Poor culture
GM Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmetto boca ratonOctober 10, 2018
Company claims to be corporate and support the employees.this is just the opposite. I was. Promoted to another club after working diligently and the first week I was there I was confronted by hostile staff that refused to follow instructions. When I had asked for assistance from the regional managers I was let go. There upper management and so called corporate do not have your best interest or safety at heart. If you are contemplating working for this company, it would be in your best interest to not waist your time.
Pros
Cons
Very stressful work atmosphere
Always working Productively at a fast pace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Every morning I'd clock in and go over today agenda with the General manager . We'd go over our weekly goals and how we were going to succeed our goal overall. We'd gather the team to make sure everyone was on the same team . Inventory was done at the end of every shift to make ordering what we needed a breeze . Most importantly I put customer service issues first because the way customer service is the face and environment you set for others .
Pros
Great environment to work in
Cons
Short breaks
Favoritism and Horrible Pay
Front Desk/ Child Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 28, 2018
At first I liked working at YouFit but then I noticed the favoritism there was to the people who did more sales. But why would anyone be motivated to get an X amount of sales a month if you don’t get commission? There was too much pressure to reach your goal with such little opportunity to actually get a raise. YouFit tried making your job the center of your life and did not take care for their employees at all. I found it ridiculous to have to open and close by myself with money in the register. If anyone passed by the huge windows we had they would easily see the money I was counting. I got paid way too little to be doing childcare and front desk. Especially having TWO incidents of a kid hitting me and nothing was done by management. I had to speak to the parent myself. I wouldn’t recommend working here at all.
managing staff, keeping the members happy, maximizing profits thru sales and traing
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLNovember 26, 2018
managed staff, trained and hired staff on sales ,customer service and overall company goals, The culture was high energy and all about production which is what I live. Outside marketing was very important to build relationships in the communities around our fitness centers
Compensation
PERSONAL TRAINER & GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2018
The main issue with YouFit was the compensation. They'll tell you your compensation will be $16/hour, however, you only train individuals for 30 mins at a time. You have to build your own clientele, design workouts/programs, schedule sessions all for $8/hr. The working environment was very calm and low stress, the other trainers and managers were very friendly and even socialized outside of work.
Pros
social and freindly work environment
Cons
compensation
Would never recommend
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  322 Brandon Town Center DrSeptember 10, 2018
Worst time of my life. The members themselves are nice and good people but the business side is horrendous.Terrible pay and no room to move up. The company would rather hire someone off the street with no experience rather than promote a veteran staff that understands the company. Money hungry toward members pressure selling instead of actually trying to help the members. Everything said to management falls on deaf ears. They will listen and then do nothing to help.Unless you are desperate for a job i would not recommend applying.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Low pay, No room to advance, Bad management, Short shifts(5 hours) on busy days
Nice place to work
GX Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2018
It is a nice place to work
The staff is Energetic
A variety of classes
Support from other GXI's
A variety of class times
Good equipment
Nice Cinema room for working out on treadmills, eliptical etc equipment.
Offers daycare which allows members to take classes
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Frequent requests for subs
Youfit
Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 11, 2018
Demonstrating exercises and routines to clients
Assisting clients in exercises to minimize injury and promote fitness
Modify exercises according to clients’ fitness levels
Monitoring client progress
Providing information or resources on general fitness and health issues
Providing emergency first aid if necessary
overall pooor
trainer (Current Employee) –  Lantana, FLOctober 14, 2018
it was overall poor, there was no bright light there. I didn't make any money, No quality clients, the clients were only booking 1 session per week or per 2 weeks. management was poor, spent most of my time on the phone looking for perspective client as a trainer, when I could only train. don't work there, high turnover rates
Pros
Cons
overall poor
Good place to learn the business
ASSISTANT TRAINING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLDecember 2, 2018
You'll have a good opportunity here to learn about fitness in a relaxed environment. The problems are the pay is inconsistent, managers change every couple of months and it's very unlikely you will receive a raise.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Too many changes in management
Productivity
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDNovember 23, 2018
Working at YouFit was a common place to work for and also working out with wonderful clients/members. The General Manager was always communicative with everyone (staff and clients/members).
Pros
Cons
Shorts breaks, the Operational Manager was poorly not communicative enough with staff
Nice people, productive, educational, great place to work out
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tamiami, FLDecember 15, 2018
It’s a great gym, great people, great energy, awesome workouts just a awesome place to work on your upper body your legs and they include several awesome classes, what’s a great gym YouFit where you fit in.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Not enough hours
Slow and boring
Front Desk Team Member (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 1, 2018
A typical day at work was standing at the front desk and waiting for members to come in so you can scan their tag. Then every now and then you cancel someone's membership or sign someone up. You clean quite a bit.
Pros
You can get a lot of school work done
Cons
Employee safety doesn't appear to be of any concern
Laid Back Workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLSeptember 10, 2018
I worked the opening or closing shifts so it was always a really chill job. The phones dont ring as much on those shifts so you have more time to connect with the members that come in and enough time to make sure everything is done. When working with other staff, we all felt like family. Never any issues with each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YouFit Health Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight