Youfit Health Clubs
66Average

Youfit Health Clubs Employee Reviews

United States544 reviews
Straight Foward
Though the workload is is rather simple and straight forward and the work environment is friendly certain locations do not maintain a management or staff for very long if regional managers decide to promote and move them to larger health club locations, which leaves the part time hourly employees without a manger or unknowing of who will come next.
hostile operational management and discriminatory sales practices
A very dangerous place to stay too long. Can have a negative impact on your resume if your not careful. Also, so many bad learning practices picked up from working here that you may have to reteach yourself the right way of doing things after you have moved on. Hostile environment and if you report any kind of bullying, your going to face retaliation.
Fun work environment with a staff that cares about one another and clients
Flexible schedule with an energetic work environment. Management was great and understanding, willing to help employees grow within the company. For the most part, clients are provided for you.
Pros
Free membership, flexible hours
Cons
Healthcare
Terrible place to work for and Terrible dishonest Regional Management team.
Wow I see now former employees I worked with in 2016 comes forward with Youfit unethical practices. But I guess it was alright when it happen to me as they try to cover it up their practices with them. Bunch of kids running a gym leads to favoritism which leads to racism’s and that’s why they never expanded here and never will. Management team also sucks as they are dishonest.I worked at other gyms and never seen nothing like this before but proof is in the pudding as they say. When comes to numbers all gyms and business are like that, and I am not against that your number are low,you got to go. However to fire or demote someone because you personally don’t like them or you want to show off your big ego is not right.
During my time at Youfit Health Clubs, I have worked with many talented individuals that have helped me grow personally and professionally. It is a very employee-centric company. You get out of it what you put it. Be ready to put in the work.
Pros
Positive work environment, advancement opportunity
Cons
Frequent turnover in fitness industry
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Overall great place to work
Great staff at my location unfortunately too much turnover and movement of personnel. Awesome avenues for learning and career development. Diverse clientele.
Personal Trainer
While there are opportunities for advancement and education in the company, it is hard to trust those at the top making decisions. For trainers, there is a large focus on sale rater than skills development.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Lack of benefits.
Flexible, relaxed place to work.
Great place to work, great corporate atmosphere, great hours, great management, nice people, good compensation, health benefits alternatives are not great
Not a great place to work
While working at Youfit as a personal trainer I never had manager there longer than a month as we went though trainers like candy. I had gotten a certified as a personal trainer through Youfit, then after I went through their training course I had to go through another on ( which was fine I have no problems with farthing my education and being more knowledgeable) I was also told that I would get a raise after I completed that course well that never happens. I got reprimanded because I didn’t work past 6pm even though I was the only trainer that was willing to come in and do 5am sessions Monday through Friday
April 1, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that you haven't had the best experience so far while on our team. I would like to resolve that. I would like the opportunity to speak with you or direct you to the right party. Please reach out to recruiting@youfit.com if you would like to discuss further. Thank you.
Productive, Great learning experience
Great avenue to get into sales. A company that showcased and encouraged growth, would allow growth within the company which in return gave grow as an individual.
Great Work Environment...but then there's corporate
In my gym I feel appreciated and needed, and for the most part I have flexibility and control of my schedule. I'm paid well when training, but my training rates are limited (can only be clocked in for 10 hours a week and am paid minimum). Corporate doesn't really care about their employees. They make things more difficult and challenging for the trainers every year...
April 1, 2020
Thank you very much for your review and feedback. We appreciate and value you as one of our team members. We wish you all the best in your current role as a personal trainer and if you wish to speak to someone regarding some of your concerns please email recruiting@youfit.com. Thank you.
Poor managed company
Policies in place to make you feel bad about your job when you actually are doing a good job. Manager likes to play mind games with his employees. He harrases and treats his employees unfairly
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
Company doesn't care about its employees
March 30, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed that you didn't have a good employment experience with us. We do strive to ensure all our team members are treated with respect; and do have harassment guidelines that are strictly enforced. If you would like to further discuss, please email recruiting@youfit.com. Best of luck with your career.
Good
Management there it was great never had any problem as far as money I have received plenty of razors for my time employed there met a lot of great people great environment for the most part it was fun
April 1, 2020
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am glad that you have had a great experience on our team. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

- Josh Mitteldorf , Team Recruiting & Staffing
Served its purpose
Overqualified industry veteran, due to this being a low dollar entity it de-values the other mid and upper level health clubs in the fitness industry. Sign of the times, I shouldn't complain. My supervisors were actually solid guys who seemed to love the company and training. Rare
Pros

Flexibility, solid training

Cons

No commission, very low bonus structure, Corporate America
April 1, 2020
Thank you very much for your feedback. This is greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear that you had an overall good experience working on our team. Thank you and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
Work Summary
Fun atmosphere and inviting. Staff is great to work with. Job advancement is not much, but still is a good place to work and meet people. The coaching through upper management was great, especially through the YouCoach department.
I am instructor at Youfit, I enjoy all the management team and all the customers. Clean place to work. Wages and benefits are competitive. Overall great place to work.
Fun
Youfit was a fun place to work. The Employees there are very focused on the other employees health and encouraging them. Really felt like a family environment.
Pros
Family Environment
Cons
Not great pay
The kind people who worked with me
This job was challenging at first then I began to think positive passion to get my job done efficiently and on time.
Being their for longer hours helped me get work done faster for the next day to work making it relaxing but working properly at all times.
Group Fitness
Great place to teach fitness classes! I think we have a great cycle room, and overall setup. The company cares about their employees and clients. I like working for Youfit.
Pros
Maintenance, client care, employee training
Cons
Little bit more pay would be awesome
Dont even do it...
If you are passionate about the fitness world, this is not the place for you. You’d be better off at planet fitness where they actually value their employees. I was paid $12/hr to be a fitness director! I made more at PF as a trainer!!!
March 30, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We're very sorry to hear about your experience. We value all of our current & former employees feedback & would be happy to hear more about your experience; to further discuss, please email us at recruiting@youfit.com. Best of luck in your career.
Family Environment with staff and memebers
While working for Youfit, i have learned a lot. it has taught me how to grow my own business while helping others do the same. Helped me become a leader and a role model for my other staff members.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Youfit Health Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
2.8
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Youfit Health Clubs.