YouFit Health Clubs Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Laid Back Workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLSeptember 10, 2018
I worked the opening or closing shifts so it was always a really chill job. The phones dont ring as much on those shifts so you have more time to connect with the members that come in and enough time to make sure everything is done. When working with other staff, we all felt like family. Never any issues with each other.
Would never recommend
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  322 Brandon Town Center DrSeptember 10, 2018
Worst time of my life. The members themselves are nice and good people but the business side is horrendous.Terrible pay and no room to move up. The company would rather hire someone off the street with no experience rather than promote a veteran staff that understands the company. Money hungry toward members pressure selling instead of actually trying to help the members. Everything said to management falls on deaf ears. They will listen and then do nothing to help.Unless you are desperate for a job i would not recommend applying.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Low pay, No room to advance, Bad management, Short shifts(5 hours) on busy days
events
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLSeptember 4, 2018
we will set up a lot of work event for staff to show them appreciation as well to our customers we always wanted to show them that we care. we always wanted to make the youfit environment comfortable
Pros
growth in comapny
Cons
no cons in my opinion
fine
Master Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 2, 2018
Its a decent place to work. Advancement and benefits are limited. All clubs are different. Management is good. Leaving for different opportunity and direction.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  JacksonvilleSeptember 2, 2018
Needs a lot of work in management. It’s not a bad place to actually work just a bad area for business growth. If you are looking for a job with not much experience youfit could be a fit for you.
n/a
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2018
Working at Youfit helped me learn how to be a great leader. Working closely with upper management was a wonderful way to learn the company's standards and uphold company policies.
fun and chill work place
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 21, 2018
1) check members and guests in
2) sell memberships
3) low hours
4) open gym- turn on TV's, lights,open register, and company call
5) close- Pick up weights and put them in the correct spot. makes sure guests leave, lock the door, turn off lights the lights, and close out the register.
Pros
chill job, gym vibe
Cons
low pay, low hours, Biweekly pay
Youfit company
Group Fitness HIIT Instructor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 17, 2018
I had a chance after my internship to be hired by this organization. I was able to grow my skill set and even take on as a group instructor. I have learned so much from all my employers.
This place sucks
Front Desk/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 8, 2018
Probably one of the worst jobs I had, management sucks. Wasn’t surprised about the pay knew it was low if your paying bills or anything you definitely won’t be able to make it with this job. So unorganized as well
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Pay and management
Average
Captain (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 7, 2018
Workes at youfit for 2 month in the Sarasota area beautiful gym. Awesome trainers but management was poorly ran. Scheduling was based off favorites and hours weren't handled correctly.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Poorly managed
nice
Receptionist/Child Care (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2018
nice place to work nice people nice environment nice pay nice management nice work place culture nice typical day at work nice hardest part of job nice
Great Management
Tier 2 trainer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 1, 2018
Worked with a great bunch of people. Everyone there was a team player and trying to grow their business. I wish they offered better personal training packages to sell.
You do not have enough person to train
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 30, 2018
People there was nice but somedays you did not have any client to train. That is the reason because I left the job there. But if you are in other city where people like to work out it is fine
Very Productive Company ! Lots of room for growth !!
Recruiter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 27, 2018
- One Big family !!

- Weekly Meetings at the round table to talk about what we can improve

- Direct Bi-Weekly meeting to discuss task and progress evaluations

- Team Building Exercises and Office Activities

- Training and Shadowing available at all times for advance promotions

-Flexible wit school schedule

- Family Comes First !!!
Pros
Family Comes First !!!
Cons
Growing office !!!Need more space !!
stressful and not enough respect and pay for the job
You Coach (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 25, 2018
it was a fun place to work until it wasnt. if you like to sell personal training and basically cheat people into getting training and making them believe they will die if they dont recieve YOUFITS training then yeah go for it. not the best place to work but i speak that they will be blessed from now on.
Pros
discounts on products, workout on lunch break and free classes
Cons
management, pay, selling your soul
Wouldn’t recommend to anyone.
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 21, 2018
I liked going to work at Youfit but only because of the great members that I got to interact with and my co-workers. Management was very strict, rude, micromanaged, and made front desk staff feel very small. They are very strict on sales because it made them look good and they got paid commission for it. They delegate everything as if they aren’t capable of doing certain tasks by themselves. We ended up doing so much of their work for low pay while they sit down and either do nothing or plan out how they are going to fire someone. The turnover rate is ridiculously high to the point where we would be extremely short-staffed and to the point where members even comment on it. That’s how bad management was. I think they should learn how to treat their employees and maybe staff would be happier in their positions and wouldn’t be prompted to leave so quickly. Would not recommend anyone work for this company. They are very money hungry and barely care about their members and employees and it shows more and more everyday. Unless you really need a job, I wouldn’t recommend you work here.
Pros
Free membership.
Cons
Poor management, low pay.
Bad place to work
Front Desk/Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2018
Only part of the job I enjoyed was working with and meeting new co workers.
Pay is a joke and there is not much room to expand.
Managers are exchanged what seemed like every 3 months.
you fit
Receptionist, Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 14, 2018
working at you fit was an interesting opportunity. although it was an new experience for I can say it was really relaxed job. the only problem I had was the General manager pushing front desk to sale personal training to members.
lots of excercise
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parkland, FLJuly 13, 2018
typical day of work is cleaning whatever is noticeable. work your way to the bathrooms. clean them. vaccum the whole gym. restock evrrything. drink water
Pros
i listened to music with my headphones
Cons
ehh
Great Place To Work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
I really loved working here and changing people lives and my own, but they had the scariest turnover I had ever seen and I attempted to do my job to the best of my ability everyday, half the time winging it and learning by trial and error, no one knows whats going on your left to run your club as you see fit until when I was blind sided by half bogus claim to corporate, and a decision was made with no recourse or opportunity to correct or explain.
Pros
Free MembershIp
Cons
Poor Chain of Command

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YouFit Health Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight