YouFit Health Clubs Employee Reviews

lots of excercise
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parkland, FLJuly 13, 2018
typical day of work is cleaning whatever is noticeable. work your way to the bathrooms. clean them. vaccum the whole gym. restock evrrything. drink water
Pros
i listened to music with my headphones
Cons
ehh
Great Place To Work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
I really loved working here and changing people lives and my own, but they had the scariest turnover I had ever seen and I attempted to do my job to the best of my ability everyday, half the time winging it and learning by trial and error, no one knows whats going on your left to run your club as you see fit until when I was blind sided by half bogus claim to corporate, and a decision was made with no recourse or opportunity to correct or explain.
Pros
Free MembershIp
Cons
Poor Chain of Command
Productive and Fun
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 23, 2018
I have been with Youfit for about 3 weeks now. I enjoy my job and the people I work with. Our members are really great. I feel confident with my position and am looking forward to learning more in my position.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Lack of hours
unfair pay for personal trainers!
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 17, 2018
I worked for Youfit Healthclubs for 1 year. During this year I had over 50 clients. I made 17,000 in a year while working at Youfit. Youfit was making Thousands of dollars off of my knowledge, hard work and retention with my clients. I loved my clients and it made it hard for me to leave but here in Colorado a 17,000 salary does not pay the bill with no benefits. I have had multiple of my clients cancel their personal training with 30 day notice and you fit still charged them for the next 4 months and wouldn't refund their money.
Pros
Build client relationship help change their lives
Cons
company doesn't care about you
Not a very good place to work
General Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJune 15, 2018
Youfit overall is not a great place to work. The management does not care about the employees. Compensation is not very good either. There is no room for growth within the company. I would not suggest working here.
Pros
Free gym.
Cons
Youfit overall.
Great Place to work and workout!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2018
Great Place to work and workout! Excellent training program for all positions. The company knows what they are doing and has a great structure put in place.
Cons
Medium sized chain gym expanding to new markets
Personal Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJune 11, 2018
Youfit has a lot of potential as a new company. They are owned by the former corporate officials as planet fitness and cater to more intermediate gym patrons.
Pros
free membership, entry level experience
Cons
not the most organized, compensation could be better
Growth opportunitys
Recruitment Coordinator-Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJune 9, 2018
If you're a hard worker and show that you're eager to grow, you will have plenty of opportunity's to thrive in this company. Overall it is a good company. Yes there are some faults but EVERY company has them.
One is okay, More is better.
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2018
Helping one another is pivotal to success and growth of a system of like persons. Allowing a communal advise to each and everyone with knowledgeable support staff there to accommodate any need.
Fun for a starting career
Director of Fitness and Sales (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 5, 2018
This job is great for those starting out trying to find themselves in the world. It gives you the opportunity to meet great people and have a job that is flexible around you. It also gives you a sense of leadership as you have control over stations and patrons who come to you for fitness help.
Not good
Front Desk Associate/ sales/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 29, 2018
3+ years fitness/sales. Terrible pay, schedule members morale, team morale also bad, unrealistic sales goals per month, pretty terrible management and corporate entity’s.
Pros
I got a free gym to work out at haha
Cons
Everything else
great equipment but poor management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2018
I enjoyed the customers and working out in the gym but management was poor. things didn't get done, too many shift changes, really low hours and not enough staff.
Great place to work if you are engaged and involved in health/ fitness
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 24, 2018
Youfit is a good part time job to have if you are currently enrolled in school and looking for a relatively straightforward position to give you supplemental income.
Comfortable work environment with the expected pressure of sales.
Youcoach Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
Youfot has a nice comfortable work environment with the expected stress of being in sales minus the incentive to be motivated to sell. The pay scale is very much tilted in favor of the company.
Pros
Cons
Upper management, pay
YouFit
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 14, 2018
If you enjoy a slow paced and relaxed working atmosphere, then this is the place for you. You check in members as they come, sanitize your assigned area, and meet a membership sign up quota if it applies to your shift. Overall, it was an easy and enjoyable job and if they ever increase their hourly wages to a respectable amount, Id consider working there again.
Either you're temporary or you gotta sell your soul
Front desk Sales and Customer service (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 11, 2018
The only people who are kept around long enough are people who kiss up enough to higher ups and you'll get there... Other than that its a nice temp part time that will get the bills paid and you'll save the gym money every month!
Pros
Free Limecard membership
Cons
Growing gym chain that needs work
CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 8, 2018
Youfit doesn't thrive in all markets and as it expands you see some of the struggles it has in smaller towns. I went from a large city to small city and Youfit does not do well in the country.
Horrible place to work
Director of Fitness (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2018
YouFit is hands down one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. They bring in people from outside versus promoting from within, even when you exceed the standards they have set. Higher management only cares about themselves.
regular duties
Maintenance specialist (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDApril 18, 2018
It was an okay work environment to be in. You kind of always knew how the day was goin to turn out. You have yor regular members come in. Easy place of business.
Relaxed
Front Desk Associate, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLApril 10, 2018
Relaxed workplace generally, unless selling memberships or giving gym tours. Fun and enthusiastic environment. Must be a people person and be able to sell memberships and training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YouFit Health Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight