YouFit Health Clubs Employee Reviews

n/a
MEMBER SALES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 13, 2018
The place is great as well as the people. typical day was great with great people and the members are very well respected and they show much respect back so that's the bright side of working there because its all about the members being first
Favoritism and Horrible Pay
Front Desk/ Child Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 28, 2018
At first I liked working at YouFit but then I noticed the favoritism there was to the people who did more sales. But why would anyone be motivated to get an X amount of sales a month if you don’t get commission? There was too much pressure to reach your goal with such little opportunity to actually get a raise. YouFit tried making your job the center of your life and did not take care for their employees at all. I found it ridiculous to have to open and close by myself with money in the register. If anyone passed by the huge windows we had they would easily see the money I was counting. I got paid way too little to be doing childcare and front desk. Especially having TWO incidents of a kid hitting me and nothing was done by management. I had to speak to the parent myself. I wouldn’t recommend working here at all.
fun
GX instructor (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAOctober 22, 2018
i have fun teaching the members make things fun because i make it fun. everyone gets along as an employee you automatically get a lime card for free. it great
Working at a gym
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FL 33026October 14, 2018
You learn a lot about working in a gym the health benifit behing the membership and getting to know the regulars. So day are hard but with a good team there nothing you can push forward.
overall pooor
trainer (Current Employee) –  Lantana, FLOctober 14, 2018
it was overall poor, there was no bright light there. I didn't make any money, No quality clients, the clients were only booking 1 session per week or per 2 weeks. management was poor, spent most of my time on the phone looking for perspective client as a trainer, when I could only train. don't work there, high turnover rates
Pros
Cons
overall poor
Youfit
Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 11, 2018
Demonstrating exercises and routines to clients
Assisting clients in exercises to minimize injury and promote fitness
Modify exercises according to clients’ fitness levels
Monitoring client progress
Providing information or resources on general fitness and health issues
Providing emergency first aid if necessary
Poor culture
GM Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmetto boca ratonOctober 10, 2018
Company claims to be corporate and support the employees.this is just the opposite. I was. Promoted to another club after working diligently and the first week I was there I was confronted by hostile staff that refused to follow instructions. When I had asked for assistance from the regional managers I was let go. There upper management and so called corporate do not have your best interest or safety at heart. If you are contemplating working for this company, it would be in your best interest to not waist your time.
Pros
Cons
Very stressful work atmosphere
Poor Manangement
FRONT DESK LEAD (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 8, 2018
The management at this location was poor to say the least. H e was under qualified, untrained, and did not know how to properly run an organization. Did not know how to communicate with employees or members either
Pros
Cons
Everything because of management
fun place to work
MEMBER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2018
teamwork is key, but you need to be able to work independently if need be
culture and hours of operation vary by location
a lot of information in training
Slow and boring
Front Desk Team Member (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 1, 2018
A typical day at work was standing at the front desk and waiting for members to come in so you can scan their tag. Then every now and then you cancel someone's membership or sign someone up. You clean quite a bit.
Pros
You can get a lot of school work done
Cons
Employee safety doesn't appear to be of any concern
best jobs i have ever worked at
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLSeptember 24, 2018
i loved working at youfit because of the inviting atmosphere and great people. i was a personal trainer and i loved every second of it with the people and employees.
Always working Productively at a fast pace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Every morning I'd clock in and go over today agenda with the General manager . We'd go over our weekly goals and how we were going to succeed our goal overall. We'd gather the team to make sure everyone was on the same team . Inventory was done at the end of every shift to make ordering what we needed a breeze . Most importantly I put customer service issues first because the way customer service is the face and environment you set for others .
Pros
Great environment to work in
Cons
Short breaks
Compensation
PERSONAL TRAINER & GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2018
The main issue with YouFit was the compensation. They'll tell you your compensation will be $16/hour, however, you only train individuals for 30 mins at a time. You have to build your own clientele, design workouts/programs, schedule sessions all for $8/hr. The working environment was very calm and low stress, the other trainers and managers were very friendly and even socialized outside of work.
Pros
social and freindly work environment
Cons
compensation
Laid Back Workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLSeptember 10, 2018
I worked the opening or closing shifts so it was always a really chill job. The phones dont ring as much on those shifts so you have more time to connect with the members that come in and enough time to make sure everything is done. When working with other staff, we all felt like family. Never any issues with each other.
Would never recommend
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  322 Brandon Town Center DrSeptember 10, 2018
Worst time of my life. The members themselves are nice and good people but the business side is horrendous.Terrible pay and no room to move up. The company would rather hire someone off the street with no experience rather than promote a veteran staff that understands the company. Money hungry toward members pressure selling instead of actually trying to help the members. Everything said to management falls on deaf ears. They will listen and then do nothing to help.Unless you are desperate for a job i would not recommend applying.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Low pay, No room to advance, Bad management, Short shifts(5 hours) on busy days
events
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLSeptember 4, 2018
we will set up a lot of work event for staff to show them appreciation as well to our customers we always wanted to show them that we care. we always wanted to make the youfit environment comfortable
Pros
growth in comapny
Cons
no cons in my opinion
fine
Master Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 2, 2018
Its a decent place to work. Advancement and benefits are limited. All clubs are different. Management is good. Leaving for different opportunity and direction.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  JacksonvilleSeptember 2, 2018
Needs a lot of work in management. It’s not a bad place to actually work just a bad area for business growth. If you are looking for a job with not much experience youfit could be a fit for you.
n/a
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2018
Working at Youfit helped me learn how to be a great leader. Working closely with upper management was a wonderful way to learn the company's standards and uphold company policies.
fun and chill work place
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 21, 2018
1) check members and guests in
2) sell memberships
3) low hours
4) open gym- turn on TV's, lights,open register, and company call
5) close- Pick up weights and put them in the correct spot. makes sure guests leave, lock the door, turn off lights the lights, and close out the register.
Pros
chill job, gym vibe
Cons
low pay, low hours, Biweekly pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YouFit Health Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight