Young's Market Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
was relly nice working at young's market company
Clerk class II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2018
i used to scan invoices all day and data enter and ten key.
i used to do anything they want me to do i used to love my job good and be in that company was like another big family
Pros
good reasonable breaks
pleasent place to work
District Manager-Chains SW Washington (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 10, 2018
Overall a great place to work, every company that I have been associated with there are things that they can do better. In my opinion to many changes in upper management philosophy.
Work Early Hours but make your own schedule
Chain Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 20, 2018
Start really early in the morning and work your 8 hours. Going to different accounts that you need to go to as you learn the different schedules of Liquor Managers. You try and get your products into the stores you are selling into. You do get to get creative when making displays and work overtime when needed. My management was positive and willing to help when needed. Had a good experience with Youngs Market.
Pros
Free Lunches and perks
Cons
Early Hours
Fun Place to work, exciting things happening
Sales Representative-Spirit Division (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 14, 2018
Fun place to work, in an exciting industry. I wouldn't have left if it weren't for the local management, but we were pretty far off the radar, so the execs didn't seem to mind how things were ran.
Distribution
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2018
The company is okay to work for. The culture is okay but there are rumors of a merger. I loved the work and would love to continue to do the same type of work.
Chain Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2018
You are in control of your career.
Exceeding goals and rewarded for your achievements.
Ability to build relationships with all levels of management at the company.
Lots of talk with no action or direction
employee (Former Employee) –  WAMay 31, 2018
There's no clear vision and even less action. Management needs to set some short term goals and see them through to start building some-sort of trust.
Started out great when I first started with them, but went down hill after the merger.
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 17, 2018
I was hired the first delivery driver in Tucson, Az. For almost 3 years I handled the deliveries in all of southern eastern Az. Then hired a second driver, for about another two more years. Then YMCO merged with another company, this caused major hardships at first, but we managed to work through it. I had to reapply for my job. It seemed like the last five in a half years I continued to work there, they had introduced new methods of delivery process. They showed no concerns or interest for driver input to help company with performance improvements. After being injured on the job, my health started to show signs of slowing down. We were being pushed to work harder and faster, with using the new technology they introduced that really slowed us down. The driver supervisor really didn't support the drivers, mostly penalizing us for pour performance. Management used this to give us a smaller percentage in wage raises. These types of challenges and along with other hardships from the demands of this company caused my stress levels to increase, I developed migraine headaches and suffered lower lumbar problems. So I felt it best for me to leave before I got worse than I already was.
Pros
Meeting and enjoying customers at deliveries
Cons
Management not really there for the drivers.
Quality Distributor
On-Premise Sales (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2018
Great place to work. Must be incredibly organized. Continued education in the beverage industry. Encouragement to own your business within the territory assigned.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Demandin
Interesting place to work
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAMay 1, 2018
There are pros - free samples, decent benefits and cons - poor management and boys club environment. What they say and what they do are two different things.
Pros
free samples
Cons
bad management
Saturated Market
Sr. Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 18, 2018
Great place but lots of reps for same book or portfolio. Everyone is helpful and solid portfolio.Great bosses and team culture. Huge territory but worth it if you hustle as a representative.
Pros
Wine and more wine
Cons
Lower pay
Competitive and exciting sales industry.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HIApril 10, 2018
Position included both administrative and field work. Industry product knowledge is a must to be able to compete in sales. Long hours with a highly competitive culture. Travel was extensive but a fun and rewarding experience.
Good People and Ownership
Learning & Organizational Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAFebruary 28, 2018
Depending on your department, you may have a blast (Sales) or you may come to work, do your, job, and go home (All other departments). There is nothing overly exciting about working there but most of the people are great, and i believe that the Ownership (The Underwood Family) do care and try their best to never have to let people go.
Best in the West
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Waipahu, HIFebruary 14, 2018
Founded in 1888, Young’s Market Company is the premier distributor of fine wine and spirits in the western United States. We are proud to represent industry-leading brands and supplier partners, supported by our Best in Class team of wine and spirits professionals.

Young’s is a family-owned distributor of wines, spirits and select beverages spanning 10 markets in the western United States.
fun place to work
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 8, 2018
My hardest part of my job is dealing with the lack of leadership, support and direction. We don’t have a TEAM environment and too many silos have been created between sales, delivery, inventory and our maintenance department
Pros
Hardly challenged
Cons
No room to grow in the company
Best company i ever worked for and i would gladly represent them again
Off-Premise Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2018
I was able to grow and excel as a person and employee with this company, supported by managers and colleagues interested in making me better. I have never felt so close with such a great group of people and hopefully will join their team again in the future, if a position opens.
Pros
Busy work days
Cons
Long hours during OND
Great company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 17, 2018
This is an amazing company to work for. They require much out of their employees. It is best to go above and beyond with this company, in order to succeed.
i love my colleges they are my family
Office Manager, Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I loved my job my position was dissolved Young's Market is an amazing company to work for.

the people i worked with are like my family i will forever cherish that
Love my job!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 18, 2017
Here at Young's, I've had the chance to learn about the in's and out's of business. My immediate supervisor, is great to work for and with. I've learned to multitask, scan invoices, run copiers and postage machines.
Pros
Meeting and greeting suppliers and distributors from around the 50 states and abroad.
Cons
Not enough pay...
Loved the opportunity very fun workers and company
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix ArizonaDecember 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time at YMC they are friendly, fast paced, and are very good at taking care of their employees. Being able to taste wine and learn about it while getting paid is a benefit as well.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Wine
Cons
Stressful, No windows in room

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Young's Market Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight