Young Innovations Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great experience!!
Vulcanizer (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMay 2, 2018
Great experience with my co-workers...fun & appreciative managerial staff... work load is at your own pace(well at least in the department I worked).......all around great job...& I miss it so much!!
Pros
Cake Day....once a month for birthdays & anniversaries
Cons
The point system.....
long ago
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2018
Worked here long ago, just a pay check after being laid off. Easy job, air conditioned no stress. not a bad job just something to hold me over unntil something better came along
Great Company
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, ILDecember 20, 2017
I enjoy working for Young Innovations.

The culture of the people that make up the company are great, and most of the management team at the executive level are of the highest caliber.

The part I enjoy the most is being part of a hard working team that is supportive and engaged in their work. Young is a place I look at as being somewhere I can spend the rest of my career in. They recognize that a company is nothing without its' people.
Pros
Culture, opportunities and benefits
Cons
Sometimes the days can get a little long.
All-around unpleasant experience
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILNovember 14, 2017
Unfortunately, my experience working here has been unpleasant due to the false promises given at the time I was recruited for my position. The compensation is less than what I was told and there are constantly issues with the company. They experience IT issues daily. Purchasing constantly produces back orders on high demand products, and management here is impersonal and inexperienced.
In addition to these things, there is little to no room for career advancement.
young innovatio
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILNovember 13, 2017
Great co-workers and direct management. The executive management teams are very disconnected from what's happening and it was difficult to be heard or have improvments made.
A supportive and respectful culture
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, ILAugust 30, 2017
Young Innovations is a fast paced and challenging company to work for. The upper management is very competent and caring about the future of the company and its people. The culture that is promoted is one of support and encouragement and respect.
Pros
The culture and willingness to listen to it's employees
Cons
Middle management not being in alignment with upper management
Low pay, unrealistic expectations
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILAugust 28, 2017
Having an extended background in accounts payable this place is a MESS. The compensation was super low for their high demands. Super unorganized personal accounts, overhead bills and company bills all mixed and unmatched. Over 1,000 + documents unfiled. Super chatty team that seems to only judge people and not work. No wonder it's only temps. Good luck, this place is falling apart. They need to restructure the whole department and separate accounts from over head bills, companies and employe/temps.
Pros
Lunch break, vacation days
Cons
Low compensation, high demands
Brown Printing
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJuly 10, 2017
Had so many great times working with everyone that worked for this company. Picked up job skills that has taken me to other levels of experience. Wish the company was still open, so I am able to learn more.
Pros
when a job was completed and went above and beyond, free lunch was given
Cons
Doors closed.
Young innovations is a great place to work
Imprinting Lead (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, ILJuly 7, 2017
Everything is great about this company. Work environment, people, benefits, pay, advancement, etc. I would reccomend to apply at this company if you are looking for a great place to work
Excellent and professional growing company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, ILJanuary 3, 2017
This company has shown steady growth every year, even despite this tough economy. They continue to create new positions as needs arise and don't overwork their employees.

The Leadership team is very focused and has made great strides in correcting issues from previous administrations (2013 and before).

Everyone is very professional: No micro-managing or people looking over your shoulder. When issues do occur, there is no "blaming" or "finger-pointing". People and teams come together to solve the issue, fix root causes, and move forward.

Teams here are like family and genuinely like each other and get along. There are a lot of perks to working at Young. Plus, the products we sell are the best in the market. It's great to go to the dentist and hear how they love our products!
Pros
Great culture, lunches often provided, people are nice and professional
Cons
Pay is a little lower
good work / life balance but.....
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, ILAugust 27, 2016
If you are looking to advance with in this company, don't waste your time applying. Unless you know someone you will be stuck in the same position permanently.

The management have their favorites and everyone else is just "shut out".

Work environment is hostile and has a "high school" atmosphere. not very professional.

Pay is decent, but you have to wait over a year and a half to even be considered for a measly raise.

very discouraging, they pile on the work and don't aknowledge your hard work.
Pros
work / life balance
Cons
insurance, atmosphere, job growth
Disorganized business with poor leadership
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, ILMay 11, 2016
If you enjoy being left in the dark, this is the place for you. Grossly unprofessional upper-management sets multiple teams up for failure with vague, ever-changing direction, expectations, and vision. Lacking strategy and real-world experience leads to blatantly ripping off competition without any real investigating, understanding, or identification of true objectives. While this company is small, employees are broken down to a number and forced to stand in line.

Turnover is incredible - the revolving door is nearly a blur as many are hired and choose to leave quickly or are let go. Restructuring has led to many very recent layoffs and downright pitiful morale. My advice? Trust the reviews on indeed/glassdoor and RUN. This is a sinking ship.
Pros
Affordable insurance
Cons
Rocky climate, poor leadership, unprofessional management
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILMay 9, 2016
The company is very flat in terms of hierarchy so there is no where to climb from your initial position unless the company is expanding or someone exits the company. Employees are all generally very kind and there is very little organizational politics. Flexible work arrangements and the healthcare benefits are very good.
Na
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, ILAugust 24, 2015
Young Innovations is a place where everyone feels like family. The employees are pleasant to work with and overall the company has a great work, life, balance culture.
Company undergoing changes
Finance (Current Employee) –  AlgonquinSeptember 9, 2014
It WAS a great place to learn many aspects of business. Since company has been acquired there have been some positive changes, one being some long needed structure but morale is at an all time low and atmosphere has become toxic.
Pros
In time things will get better....
Cons
Management & HR could do a better job of understanding employees needs and concerns.
Great place to start your career!
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILJuly 2, 2014
Great managers, flat hierarchy, managers are very friendly and open to help develop employees. Coworkers are down to earth with great values. Building is new and there is a lot of sunlight that comes through. They have a ping-pong table in the warehouse and there is no micromanaging.
Pros
No micromanaging, great place to learn, very friendly coworkers and flat hierarchy
Cons
Undergoing a lot of change in 2013, did not have regular reviews/raises, office can be exceptionally quiet
productive
vulcanizer (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJune 15, 2014
steady work, manufacturing processes in the dental field, fair management, an individually oriented work environment
Growing dental manufacturing & distribution company
General Manager - Sales (Former Employee) –  Corona, CANovember 8, 2013
Young provided me with the opportunity to grow my existing marketing & communications skills and provided me with the tools necessary to managed and coach a sales team. I enjoyed learning all of the aspects of the business including inventory, pricing and warehouse management.
Great company
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MONovember 8, 2013
Through a seven month internship I learned many things towards my career and everyday business aspects. The people were great, motivated and full of ideas. My favorite part was that I was able to implement my own ideas into the company, even as an intern.
Pros
good people, exciting projects, great atmosphere
Cons
some downtime
Somewhat laid back
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, ILMarch 25, 2013
Good, if you like to stay at the position forever not much of improvement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Young Innovations. Our community is ready to answer.