Young Living Essential Oils Employee Reviews

Team support isn’t the best
Distributor Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYApril 17, 2019
It was more difficult than I expected, unfortunately and I began losing interest due to the product costs for employees. I do not like it, sadly. Though, wonderful perks IF you’re able to achieve the re-occurring, monthly set goals. Haven’t been too impressed with the job advancements.
Pros
Mission appears better in writing
Cons
Lack of communication and support
Can meet alot of people
Shipping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 16, 2019
You work real hard for little pay and if you don't work hard enough they fire you. The supervisors are younger, inexperienced, competitive for the wrong reasons and snotty. Your work is never good enough for them and they pick favorites on their team and you know get to work the funner jobs. Management is so unfair, they also pick favorites which caused a mass amount of jealousy among most. They protect there favorites even if sexal discrimination is involved. There open door policy is for the birds, and you end up getting blamed and written up.
Pros
can win a gift cert if you break a new record, but be prepaid to work your tush off
Cons
The atomsphere is all drama
oils
OWNER OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Levittown, NYApril 15, 2019
worth getting into to stay at home working.well worth working for your self.and helping people improve there health and you get a lot of knowledge to your self become a yor own boss
Make my own hours
Independent Contractor / Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 1, 2019
I am my own boss
Love the products
Easy to use products
Natural health
Meet new people
Give demonstrations
Enroll new members
Good everyone in the household
Pros
Work as my own business
Cons
Sales
Good place to work/friendly team
Obtain and sort product (Former Employee) –  Springville UtahApril 1, 2019
This job teaches you what to do. The rest is up to you.
They then teach you what you're doing right, and how you can improve. That is the definition of good management.

I worked at this location for 8 months. I wish my assignment could have lasted longer.
Pros
Good pay, easy to learn, wonderful trainers
Cons
Hard to get days off, long days, redundant work
Work at your own pace
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Erath, LAApril 1, 2019
You have the freedom to work as little or as much as you'd like. Whether you're here as a hobby, part time for extra cash, or looking for a career to advance in, the possibilities are endless.
Wonderful Place to Work
Contracted Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 27, 2019
I really loved working for this company. I worked specifically for the Media team, so their work style was more relaxed than other departments. I was given free reign on improving process and the company's branding, and my thoughts were taken seriously.

The only reason why I am leaving this company is because they are currently in a company-wide hiring freeze, so I wasn't able to be "officially" brought on, so I was not able to get benefits full-time employees had, like health insurance and holidays.
Pros
creative freedom, great team, more people my age, interesting work
Cons
company-wide hiring freeze
Political and preferential treatment abounds
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Utah County, UTMarch 19, 2019
The company has great vision and have executive buy in, which is nice. They definitely try to make an impact on the bigger picture with green initiatives and grow the company.

They pay fairly, and the benefits are great including tuition reimbursement. They bonus twice a year as well.

The turnover at leadership levels is beyond anything I've ever seen. Don't expect to last more than 2 years. They'll chew you up and spit you out if you don't maintain the dog and pony show.

The company is massive and still operates on an archaic, mom and pop level with their processes and procedures. Roll out first, ask questions later. Then when you ask questions, you're told to deal with it. You deal, then make a mistake because the procedure was undefined. "You knew the process, what happened?" Expect this daily.

Managment across the board will pick their favorite and stand by them no matter what, even if they're a terrible, unreliable and incompetent employee. They will treat those who don't fit in their box like they're dirt until you leave or find a way to fire you. This goes up to the top level, maybe even executive levels.

If you are in need of a supportive, unbiased management or leadership team, do not work at Young Living. Unless you're good at brown nosing. Then you'll be okay. If you can play politics, you'll be okay. But for those that want to be a part of a team that supports you, management that can stay neutral, or a company to retire from... don't do it. You'll regret it.
Pros
Product discounts, benefits
Cons
See reviews
Great place to work!
Representative US and Canada Phones (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTMarch 18, 2019
I loved working for Young Living. Coworkers and managers were easy to get along with and always willing to help. It could get busy, and there was some mandatory overtime, but the work culture made it worth it.
Pros
work culture, benefits, discounts
Very postie working environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTMarch 7, 2019
They are a great company to work for and have always been a great company. They stand behind their calling. "people first." Great company to work for.
Extremely Positive Working Environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTMarch 7, 2019
Everyone inside of Young Living has such an amazing, positive, caring, and hardworking personality. They drive to help not only themselves but other as well. I loved their saying: "People first."
A real cult
Member Services Agent (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTMarch 7, 2019
When people joke about this company being a cult they’re not kidding. There’s a social hierarchy within the company that is completely made up and the only rewards you earn are more products. The management was absolutely terrible and immature, issues never got resolved in a timely manner, and if you brown nosed enough you could get away with murder.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
Cult mindset, Favortism, Social Hierarchy
Worst management ever
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Utah County, UTMarch 5, 2019
The only way to move up is to be a family member or a close friend of the supervisors, they have their whole family working in good positions, even if they do not have any kind of experience. They contract dozens of temporary workers and fired them in less than two months. The work is very unstable, they can force you to work 12 hours for 2 days and the other days they send you to your house because there is no work. HR is a joke and if at some point you complain about something that is not right, they will go against you and make your life impossible. I would not recommend this work to anyone.
Pros
Pto, medical, vacations.
Cons
Say one thing but do another
Intraday Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTMarch 4, 2019
You get told that you can advance and then when you try to, they want experience that is unlikely. Managers keep to themselves and don't really help when people need their help.
Unorganized Chaos
Other Experience (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTFebruary 28, 2019
I worked for Young Living for a long time and throughout my tenure at Young Living, one thing was consistent: they suck at communication in every aspect and they make horrible, emotional decisions instead of business decisions. Management is ridiculous and I was discriminated against due to a disability. Unless you would like to invest in therapy, I would stay as far away as possible!
Pros
Free product
Cons
management and executives
Financial and schedule Freedom
Independent Essential Oil Distributor (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 17, 2019
I love being my own boss and sharing what I am passionate about while living on residual income. My goal is to increase my members and help us all to grow and have this financial and schedule freedom. I get to empower other humans, parents, students, and kids to care for themselves and teach others how to. We work when we can and reap the benefits of being paid while we live our daily lives and do what we love the most.
Customer service
US Member Services Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTFebruary 11, 2019
If you like customer service this ones for you. Very friendly people and great management.
Some times the called are so heavy it forms a queue.
Some days you are waiting for 45 minutes without a call.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Somewhat boring
Oppurtunity to grow in the company
Field Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mona, UTFebruary 10, 2019
A friendly family working environment with great discounts on oils, good hourly pay with bonuses.
Good employers who are willing to work with you on a week to week bases.
Pros
Good discounts on oils
Cons
Seasonal worker
nothing
Representative (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 21, 2019
Walking dogs and cats; grooming animals; cleaning cages and pens; washing different things; preparing meals for animals; doing physical therapy with disabled animals; birds, cats, dogs, and horses
Pros
great stuff
Cons
nothing
Self Employed
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2019
If your married are with someone this will work out with childcare because your are working from home. you have the free time to take care of things around the house. the more you work the more money you make.