Young Rembrandts Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
Excelencia
Administracion, organizacion, planeacion. (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 13, 2018
Mis dias de trabajo son muy agradables, ya que yo trabajo a mi tiempo cumpliendo cabalmente con las fechas. Mi Jefe es agradable y paciente a la hora de explicar.
Disfruto mucho trabajar asi.
Nice people
Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2018
Great coworkers and management. Very friendly and worked with the LAUSD school system. Unfortunately it was impossible to schedule going to more than one school a day. The work was very part time, therefor it was difficult to make ends meet without having another job which often was in conflict to my schedule at Young Rembrandts.
Fun, creative environment working with elementary students.
DRAWING TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 16, 2018
This is a great company to work for! The owners listen to suggestions and always, always want to help with anything you need. All of the students absolutely love coming to art class, which makes teaching them even more exciting! I only left the company to get into a different field, but I really, really enjoyed working at Young Rembrandts.
Pros
Creativity, helpful supervisors, training, no experience necessary, flexibile
A good side job
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 30, 2018
Great place to gain experience with kids, great schools, excellent coworkers.

Only issue was communication (or lack thereof) with supervisors/managers at my branch. Frequently had to text them over and over to get responses, or text other people to get the person I wanted's attention. It was a bit frustrating - especially on time crunches.

Overall though, it's an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to be a positive role model for creative young people. Just remember to be passionate about this job - Children will notice when you're not, and it can be very stressful with class sizes and moving from location to location.
Pros
Good coworkers, great kids, all art supplies provided to you
Cons
semi-poor management, unstable locations, parks&rec constantly cancel classes a day before they start
Young Rembrandts is a wonderful place to work.
Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 30, 2018
I love working here. The owner is amazing. Helping kids develop their creativity was my favorite thing. I wish I could have made this a full time job.
Pros
Working with kids, professional boss, great schools
Cons
Part time work
Fun environment
Art teacher (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 29, 2018
While teaching different art lectures to children you also learn a lot from them. Their way of thinking and learning its so different and interesting from ours. The most enjoyable part of my job was looking at my students enjoy my class and being thankful for what I was able to teach them every day.
Pros
Good resume for my career
Cons
No benefits
Rewarding Experience
Art Instructor (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Working alongside Young Rembrandts for over a year has not only helped encourage growing minds to unleash their creativity, it’s increased my connection of working with students. Teaching the basics of any subject to children is rewarding, but teaching them art really brings us together. Having the best of tools, step by step and easy to follow instructions, and a safe, fun, and dynamic classroom gives a world of options to create masterpieces that everyone can enjoy. Even the most difficult areas of teaching become the most enjoyable, as working with different personalities and energy levels proves to be an invaluable learning experience.
Pros
After school events, personalized gifts for star instructor, and working alongside others who share the same passion.
Cons
Not enough time to work with students in a classroom setting.
Nice Management
"Young Rembrandts" Drawing Instructor K (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 20, 2018
The people who run the program are very kind, but the hours are very slim.. and also right in the middle of the day.. so its hard to fix a schedule that makes sense.
Pros
management
Cons
few hours
Not organized, but fun
Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 22, 2017
Work with YR is advertised as teaching one 1-hour class per day, but with set-up and clean-up, each class takes 2-3 hours. You are told you will be paid $20/hour, but it's $20 per class base, with a small increase if you teach over 3 classes a week. The classes and lessons are fun, but you are given too many children to handle for one teacher often.

There is no room for advancement.

Management is nice, but scatter-brained.
Pros
Fun, nice coworkers
Cons
No advancement, no benefits, incorrect wages and hours
fun part time job!
Art Teacher (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 28, 2017
This is a really fun job if your looking for some side cash.
The job includes going to schools and teaching kids how to draw. I enjoyed teaching because the kids were so enthusiastic about learning.
Young Rembrandts, Inc. is a great organization to work for!
Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILSeptember 20, 2017
If you love art and love to draw and love working with young kids, then this is the perfect opportunity for you! It is a great opportunity to inspire kids to learn about the art of drawing.
A fun way to end the day
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIAugust 23, 2017
I enjoy teaching art to children and this allows me weekly to do that. I do have another job but it is nice to end the day with a 1hr and a half class. I love seeing what children create and I love being able to draw along with them.
The workplace culture is more relaxed and fun. There are standards to follow, but if those are adequately followed its overall a wonderful experience. I am lucky to be working under an excellent supervisor who is helpful, kind and supportive.
The hardest part of the job would probably be classroom misbehavior management in a very short time frame. Overall though my experience with Young Rembrandts has been a positive one.
Pros
Excellent supervisor
Cons
short time frame, Classroom Management
Young Rembrandts Baltimore/Harford County
Program Coordinator and Teacher (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDAugust 9, 2017
An amazing program for art enthusiasts and those curious about teaching art in a classroom setting.

This job taught me how to implement lesson plans, provide structured as well as valuable art skills to elementary age children, refine my time management, and instruct to large groups.

Management was amazing to work with. Kind and passionate about empowering children through art. We were all brought to happy tears a couple times during our teacher meetings when the head of the franchise would discuss the importance of what we were doing for those we taught.
Pros
Great management, great learning experiences
Great Job. Love the kids.
Art Instructer (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAAugust 7, 2017
Great place to work. Love the kids. The art was awesome. The management was wonderful. This is a great class they offer our young kids today, something we didn't have in our schools. These kids will have an opportunity to go into the arts, and perhaps become so much in life like the "Greats!" drew so well; like Michelangelo,, Vincent van Gogh, or Albrecht Durer. Young Rembrandts is definitely a great after school program for kids, and a great place to work.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Meetings
Fun and Flexible
After School Elementary Art Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDAugust 3, 2017
I have been a YR teacher for about 4 years total- back for my second year in a row and prior I taught for a few years. We have a wonderful district Program Director who is incredibly hardworking and easy to approach and work for! I am a certified teacher, but am currently not teaching, so this is a wonderful way to get back in the classroom and teach the little minds. I really enjoy this job, and I have a strong passion for the arts.
Productive and fun workplace
Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa County, ALJuly 20, 2017
Young Rembrandts offers great opportunity for people interested in teaching art to elementary school students part-time. I loved working for Young Rembrandts.
This is a great part time job for a retired teacher or someone looking for very PT employment
Drawing Teacher (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 7, 2017
I like the flexible and stable hours during the school year. During the summer, another job is necessary for me as the classes fluctuate according to participation on a weekly basis. If there are not enough kids signed up for a class, it gets cancelled at last minute. Great opportunity to work with kids in a creative atmosphere.
Pros
Flexible, fun
Cons
Summertime schedule fluctuates a lot - sometimes not a lot of classes available
Great company
Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 29, 2017
I would recommend this job to anyone who loves to teach children and has a passion for drawing. It's face-paced and fun! The owners and nice and encouraging- always available to help and provide great training.
Great company to work part time for
Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILJune 12, 2017
I was able to work part time being an art instructor while being a stay at home mom who was a very active volunteer at my daughters' school. The step by step lesson plans made it so easy for me to teach and for kids in grades 1 through 6 to draw Great experience!
Pros
Part time. Lesson plans given.
Cons
None.
Teaching & watching kids blossom
Account Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 6, 2017
Teaching drawing was by far one of the most rewarding jobs I've had. After the first year of working with YR, I was promoted to work in the office as an Account Service Associate, while continuing to teach 2 of my classes each week. My managers helped mentor me and provided support when ever I needed it.
Pros
Teach classes independently & work with kids
Cons
Must be committed to be on time and difficult to get coverage for days off