Youngstedt Companies

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Youngstedt Companies Employee Reviews

Slower than most places..stores are small
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNDecember 11, 2018
I'd say keep looking as I didn't have a pleasant experience with this company.
There were to managers where I worked at brookside minnoco. One was a shop manager who thought he owned the company and was always grumpy. The other one the gas station manager and he always had to be right. So the two of them always argued about everything.

The store is small and does not seem to have what people are looking for...Like a fountain pop machine and no hot food.
Pros
Not Hard work
Cons
No Discounts, No Advancement, Rude Management
Work somewhere else
Tech (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 28, 2018
Go work for a dealer or other shop. Better shops around to work for. They want to charge 100 an hour and pay the tech 10 an hour. if you don't want to strive to be the best, work here.
Pros
Cons
company
Great place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 25, 2018
Whether you are new to the business or a seasoned veteran of the business, Youngstedts has a spot for you. They are willing to train and offer competitive wages for each and every position. With many long time employees it is easy to see that this family owned business cares about their employees. I recommend giving them a try. You won't be disappointed.
Pros
Great company that cares about it's employees.
Working for this company comes with many benefits
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNApril 18, 2018
I started out at Youngstedts as a lube and tire tech 10 years ago and now I'm an ASE certified technician. This company gave me the opportunity to learn and grow. The crew here is easy to get along with and as far as work goes, it's not a bad place to spend 40 hours a week. I get PTO, commissions and the shop funds lunches when we meet our goals.
Pros
Pto, earned lunches, 401k match, paid long-term disability
Cons
fast-paced during busy season
See review
Service Writer (Current Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNApril 18, 2018
Youngstedts is a great company to work for. Starting out with not very much experience in my field I have learned a lot in a short period of time and advanced quickly. The training here by far exceeded my expectations and I am happy with my decision to be a part of this team.
Pros
Good communication, friendly coworkers, flexibility with personal schedule
A company that truly cares about their employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 18, 2018
Youngstedts is undoubtedly a leader in the independent repair field. The shop bays are always full and taking care of it's customer and employees is always a top priority.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 18, 2018
Youngstedts gives employees the opportunity to work their way up from in experienced oil change tech up to store manager.
Recently they rolled out a tuition re imbursement program, what a great opportunity for guys and gals getting into the field!
Employee friendly
Management (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 18, 2018
High paced and busy shop. Customer oriented managers to keep cars coming in. Wide selection of repairs and maintenance so everyday is different and fun.
Great Place to Work
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNApril 17, 2018
Opportunity to take the initiative to get projects completed, appreciative of hard work. If you are willing to be flexible with your work schedule, they allow you to be flexible with your schedule.
Pros
Flexibility, Pay, Benefits
Hard yet rewarding
Oil Technician (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 18, 2017
Management had issues with communication with the workers, and many times management would become frustrated with us after we had done something that he had okay'd in the past yet is completely not okay in the present. Witnessed many a screaming matches there, but the shop itself was run functionally, yet stressful.
Pros
Work Experience
Cons
Temperamental Management and Questionable Orders

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Youngstedt Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3