Youngstown State University Employee Reviews

As a graduate assistant, my job includes reserch of relevant topics for my thesis, working as a instructor to conduct slabs for undergraduate students
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moser hall, 134 Lincoln Ave, Youngstown OH, 44503February 20, 2019
Working as a graduate assistant, I got chance to enhance my knowledge on courses that I had during my undergraduate study. I had a chance to grow my communication skills presentation skills and leadership qulaity. Working as a lab instructor, I am an expert in using different civil engineering equipment used in strength of material lab. An idea about concrete has been increased as well.
Good Employer
Part Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHDecember 28, 2018
YSU is a good place to work. The social work department staff are helpful with orienting. I have had a good experience overall and hope to continue to work with this organization for the years to come.
Productive work place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 13, 2019
Pretty chill work,
5-7 hours grading papers
the rest helping the chairman with some paper work
and most of the days I could spend time of my work studying for my classes
My classroom experience
Part-time Faculty, English (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 25, 2019
I taught composition courses in a computer lab classroom, a great place to teach this type of course. I learned to incorporate many computer skills into the coursework.
I am happy to be here
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHOctober 24, 2018
YSU is a good school. I'm a graduate assistant and a graduate student. I love my works such as teaching, tutoring and helping my students to understand their mathematical problems.
Rewarding
Full-time and Part-Time Faculty (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHOctober 2, 2018
I had an excellent Professor/supervisor. He started the power plant technology program and it was fun to start up. We sent graduating students to jobs. It was very satisfying.
Pros
Not stressful
Cons
pay very low
great atmosphere willing to work around my schoolschedule
Chef (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 4, 2018
no typical days
Learned how to work with and manage others
Management was excellent
Fluent culture
Hardest part heavy production days
working with other most enjoyable
Pros
30 minute lunchbreak
Great Place to Work
Writing Center Consultant (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHAugust 30, 2018
I enjoyed every day at YSU. The school hires good people and stands for the right things. The job allowed me the autonomy to help my clients and work collaboratively with others.
Part-time
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHAugust 20, 2018
There isn't much to say. I worked there partime to help the director with labs. I worked 10 hours a week. It was good or bad. It was just a part-time job.
Exciting work environment
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 11, 2018
Teaching is a rewarding job. I enjoyed instructing young adults and teaching valuable data analysis skills to them. My employers helped me cultivate the ability to bridge the learning gap using a socratic method of instruction.
Great job for students!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 8, 2018
The CSP is decked out with all kinds of teaching material to help students learn concepts easily. Being a tutor not only helps struggling students, but helps reinforce material to the tutor as well! In addition, it's on campus, so getting to class on time after a session is super easy.
fun to work while being a student
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 18, 2018
I liked it while being a student but other wise I don't think I'd work for them, they don't pay much and are very unorganized. the professors there are pretty decent.
Pros
relaxed, good professors
Cons
administration
Great Job
Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OhioMarch 8, 2018
I love teaching at the University. I am always surrounded by supportive, professional people who help me in my personal development.

The culture at the University is terrific. Other teachers, administrators, and others are always willing to help.
Adjunct Instructor
First Year Engineering Instructor (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 24, 2017
I worked every Monday in the fall to teach the freshman engineers about the Industrial Engineering Program. I worked with the full time professors to put a program together to help educate young students on the benefits of a career in Industrial Engineering.
Pros
Helping the next generation of students
Cons
Enjoyed working with additive manufacturing
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJanuary 3, 2018
It was a great place to work for going to school to help pay the bills. Except now that I have a Bachelor's degree and soon a Master's degree it is time to move on. Working at YSU was helpful since it related to what I was studying at school. I was just a graduate research assistant so therefore, I didn't get benefits or vacations days or anything. It was just research pertaining to my thesis.
Teaching Assistant
Teacher's Assistant - Exercise Physiology (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 6, 2018
As a teaching assistant at YSU, I was in charge of the exercise physiology laboratory. This job was different than many I've ever had before. Instead of working with people directly, I was in charge of creating user manuals, fixing/maintaining lab equipment, updating inventory every semester, and reviewing documents to be published (such as the ACSM). It was a great experience and I highly recommend YSU for employment.
Learned a lot
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 20, 2018
Worked as a Graduate Assistant and enjoyed the role.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to help other students that were struggling with the material.
Mainly assists with teaching
Full time student (Former Employee) –  Ward BeecherJune 13, 2018
I worked as a test proctor and assistant with grading and teaching, nothing more. The atmosphere is as it should be, a place of learning. Nothing was hard
Appropriate for student work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 17, 2018
Bein that my experience was for a student job, I can say that the university works well to ensure that all students are able to effectively balance their work and academic lives.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No benefits
good place for students
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 6, 2018
free food sometimes after events, The entire staff is lovely. Work here. The banana does not go far from the tree. Pay is minimum wage and the staff is literally the best in the world.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough hours