Yourcare Employee Reviews

Great mission and vision but unstable company with no job security
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 6, 2018
This company has a great mission and vision and really wants to make a difference in the community. Anyone looking for a position here needs to be prepared for a few things- lack of job security(2 layoffs within 8 months) and lack of work life balance. Consistently being asked to do more with less, which then impacts the quality of the work and creates a very stressful environment where people are looking out for themselves vs. what is the right thing to do.
In my opinion, this company is at a critical turning point and only time will tell which direction they will fall.
benefits
Cons
work life balance, no job security
June 14, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear about your experience at YourCare, as we fully committed to creating a positive and engaging environment for all of our employees. We acknowledge your frustrations and recognize that difficult business decisions have individual impact.

As is the case for most long standing, successful organizations, we are continuously looking for more efficient, effective ways to do business that will allow us to effectively serve our members, providers and the community-at-large. Staff changes are not the norm for us and we are proud of the fact that negative staff adjustments have been few and far between in our almost 50 year history. The majority of those almost 50 years we have been remarkably stable or growing!

We do hold ourselves and our staff to a high standard. Employee feedback, work flows and work processes are carefully considered and addressed to insure staff has what is needed to achieve goals. We care deeply about our employees and have a long history of treating our employees as we treat our members - holistically, professionally and respectfully. Work life balance is important and an environment that we fully support.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We sincerely wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Awesome People, Great Company!
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 31, 2018
YourCare Health Plan is a growing Health Plan in the Buffalo and Rochester area. The culture is a great place to work and the team environment is fantastic.

I enjoy coming to work everyday and I love the work life balance that YourCare offers it's employees.

The employees truly live out the mission every day. The benefits are outstanding and the company truly takes care of its employees.
Pros
Benefits, Employees, Culture
Cons
Changing Industry
June 14, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are pleased to hear that your experience working for YourCare is a positive one. Our Mission has always been at the forefront of all that we do. Serving our members and providers is what we do best and what we will continue to do!

Thank you for all of your hard work day in and day out!

Long History of Passionate Employees Helping People
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 25, 2018
YourCare is carrying on the long tradition of providing great care and coverage that was started over 50 years ago by the parent company, Monroe Plan for Medical Care. Our mission and passion center on individuals who qualify for free or low cost health insurance.

My personal experience with YourCare has been outstanding. I have been given many opportunities to take on new responsibilities and in a company this size, feel like I am able to make a real difference in the every day operations and the long term goals of the company.

The company goes above and beyond to do the right thing for employees and members, even in difficult times.

Work life balance is good, pay is competitive to good and when you layer in outstanding benefits- the total package is great.

Every organization has it challenges but for me, the positives far outweigh any challenges.
Pros
The size of the company and ability to make a difference for the business and our members, the mission, great people, excellent benefits
Cons
Like any insurer there are lots of regulations that can limit how work is done
Terrible management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 2, 2018
Please think twice before you apply at this company. There have been 2 layoffs within the past 7 months in departments that are already spread thin. Employees constantly on edge as unsure when company will go under. Managers throw more work at you than you know what to do with while they sit in nonsense meetings all day, nowhere to be found when issues arise. Manager of one department has no clue what their own employees do or are responsible for. Management needs serious training on both people skills and how to properly do their job. Worst management ever in any job held. Save yourself from a lot of stress and do not apply here.
June 26, 2018

While it is discouraging to hear that your experience was negative, we acknowledge your comments and have given them thoughtful consideration.

On the whole, the leaders and employees at YourCare are caring, competent individuals who work hard to do the right thing for their teams and members. For the vast majority of our almost 50 years in business, we have been growing and adding staff. In a world where downsizing is the norm, this is truly remarkable. On the extremely rare occasion that a staff adjustment is made, it is with extensive consideration about what is the right thing to do for the long term good of the organization and the majority of the employees. We periodically do employee surveys, regularly review the performance of all employees and management and actively address development needs. We recognize the importance of work-life balance and regularly implement work process changes in operational departments that help balance workloads. No business is perfect and we are very focused on improvement and change as needed.

To that end, thank you for your direct feedback as we are always looking to do better. We wish you the best of luck in future endeavors.

Worst Possible Work Environment for RNs
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 21, 2018
Staff are micromanaged, rules change from minute to minute. Management never backs or supports staff. Educated, experienced, hard working, licensed Registered Nurses are not valued. The company is unable to keep nurses due to the poor working conditions and management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Breaks/lunch are impossible due to workload.
June 26, 2018

Your feedback is appreciated. While it is difficult to be sure which department you worked in, we employ nurses primarily in two areas. One of these areas has undergone some staffing and work process challenges this past year. We have made impactful changes to the work processes and the resulting work load is more balanced. Every company has opportunities to improve and we know we can always get even better. It is important to know that we have a long history of being a caring and supportive employer, low turnover which speaks to this and an outstanding reputation in the communities we serve. The health insurance sector is constantly changing and heavily regulated. As a health plan, we are subject to these changes, often with limited time to plan or react. It is true that this environment requires a high degree of flexibility, is fast paced and is not necessarily for everyone. We sincerely wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Would not recommend this company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYApril 11, 2018
Monroe Plan (Your Care) seems like it would be a great place to work. Pay is competitive, benefits are decent, and earned time off is reasonable for a full-time position.

The day to day work environment is another story. Production expectations given at interview are not in line with what was actually expected of employees. Department was consistently short staffed, and little effort was made to replace employees who had quit, adding to the workload of the remainder. As a result, time off was restricted, so you feel like you can't take advantage of the time off you are entitled to. Additionally, TWO layoffs occurred in less than twelve months time. On top of being short staffed, people were being laid off?! Salaried employees were expected to do whatever it takes to get the work done on time, which of course leads to longer and longer days.

Management treats staff like children, not as professionals. The possibility of remote work is promised, but the requirements for working remotely are unattainable for even the best employees, because management simply does not want it to happen.
Pros
Benefits, competitive pay, co-workers
Cons
Poor job security, ineffective management
June 14, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating a positive and engaging environment for all of our employees, so we are disappointed to hear about your experience at YourCare.

As is the case for most long standing, successful organizations, we continuously look for more effective and efficient ways to serve our members, providers and community-at-large. Staff changes are not the norm for us and we are proud of the fact that compared to many similar organizations, any negative staff adjustments we have made are few and far between. In fact, for the overwhelming majority of our almost 50 year history we have been remarkably stable or growing!

We do hold ourselves and our employees to a high standard. Employee feedback, work flows and work processes are carefully considered and addressed to ensure employees have what is needed to achieve their goals. It is important to note that we recently implemented new processes that have resulted in greater stabilization of workloads in critical areas. We care deeply about our employees and have a long history of treating our employees as we treat our members - holistically, professionally and respectfully.

Again, we thank you for your feedback, acknowledge your frustrations and recognize that difficult business decisions have individual impact.

We sincerely wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Great Place to Work!
Facilitated Enroller (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 23, 2017
I love working for YourCare Health Plan. I just started with this company a few months ago and it has certainly proven to be the right choice for me. This is a company who really cares about its employees and I feel that everyday. My coworkers are all just as passionate about helping our community as I am and it makes for an enjoyable atmosphere and amazing team collaboration. I
Pros
great benefits, amazing manager, fun inter-office activities
Supportive, caring, and friendly
Provider Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 22, 2017
YourCare has been a great transition for me from my previous employer. Everyone I have encountered have been extremely nice and helpful in all aspects. Starting from showing me to the new department I work in, going above to explain things to me in detail, being willing to assist whenever I need someone, to stopping by my desk to see how my day/job is going.
I came from a company in which I worked for over 9yrs and I would be lucky if people whom I walked by would respond a hi back to me. YourCare is completely different, people actually initiate the hi or good morning to me and it isn't just from those in my department.
The management I have encountered with have all been respectful, helpful, and caring as well. My department has multiple team meetings per week so my management can be fully aware of any issues we maybe having. This has been great because we bring any issues to the table and then as a team work through them. It has been a great technique that I have never seen anywhere else. Management is always willing to assist whenever needed.
The hardest part of my job so far was only getting used to the new systems in which I have never utilized prior to starting here. BUT with the help of many people from all of the company; it again wasn't the worse I have ever experienced. Therefore; to be fully honest; nothing has been very hard for me here at YourCare because everyone really seems to care about your success with YourCare as we are a team.
I have never worked for a company where everyone feels a part of every team. Even though we have different job titles,
  more... different responsibilities, everyone here at YourCare is one.
By far as been the best experience in my career choices.
Pros
Free coffee- my last employer was MUCH larger but never supplied coffee.
Cons
Our health insurance is reasonable priced, but not many providers in the area I live are par with them.
All talk
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYMarch 19, 2017
They offer nice benefits but you aren't allowed to participate or use time off in some departments. They guilt you if you ask for time off even for a doctor's appointment. Management has no clue about what their decisions do to staff. For example, they will procrastinate addressing an issue, then mandate overtime for the lowly staff to clean up their mess. If you are a professional, do not expect to be treated as one there. So glad to be out of there.
Pros
cafeteria, co-workers, benefits
Cons
Don't treat employees as professionals. Sweat shop culture.
Terrible Place to Work
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsford, NYDecember 17, 2016
This place sucks. Management is the worst.
They have lost so many good people.
Management is so far removed from what's really going on day to day. They need to be more supportive and less restrictive.
Pros
Co workers help each other
Cons
Management isn't supportive
The best place to be in Health Care!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Pittsford, NYOctober 20, 2016
Monroe Plan/YourCare Health Plan is a fantastic place to work! From the top down everyone is working hard and working towards the same goal, and that is to serve the underserved population.

The team is truly living out the mission and vision daily. The culture also provides a great work life balance and they really care about you as an employee. From the outstanding health care coverage to the great compensation packages.

It is so rewarding everyday getting up for work and coming into a place where you love what you do, and you love what the company does for individuals and the community.
YourCare is committed to supporting its members in achieving and maintaining good health.
Director, Practice Outreach and Education (Current Employee) –  Pittsford, NYFebruary 29, 2016
YourCare Health Plan provides a variety of activities for staff to participate in throughout the year. These include several United Way events; an annual summer picnic, holiday family event, employee party; several fundraising walks such as for Breast Cancer; American Heart Association and American Diabetes Association. There are also many opportunities to volunteer for community agencies. YourCare is truly great place to work!
Pros
YourCare staff are passionate about supporting our members, A very active SHAPE committee supports employees in maintaining optimum health.