Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good and bad
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 17, 2018
The job was challenging, but interesting and that made it easy to want to go to work there. When I started, the director was the best boss I had ever worked for because he truly cared about the employees and the clients. His leadership was a style that everyone could respect and get along with easily. However, when there was a change in the people who were responsible for the every day operation, the job became more of a chore and it wasn't fulfilling anymore. The respect for the employees was lost and the program as a whole suffered. Many of those that I worked with are no longer there and haven't been for quite some time.
Pros
Great clients and feeling of fulfillment
Cons
Bad management eventually
Challenging and productive
Advocate (Former Employee) –  1516 E colonial Dr, Orlando Fl. 32803November 5, 2018
One of the things I am delay learning at my job would be dealing with people from different culture and personalities. The management is really corporative and always willing to help when employees stuck on something work related. The quick pace is a little hard but helping me to challenge and better myself professionally. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with different type of families.
Pros
Time flexibilty
Cons
Pace
great place
Therapist/Treatment Advocate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 25, 2018
This is a wonderful place to work. They care about their employees and offer great benefits. They also offer ways to grow professional and move up within the agency.
Pros
snacks, benefits, co-workers
Cons
time sensitive work/stress
Total circus
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  AnonymousOctober 22, 2018
Upper management members were fired, overworked employees with intense amount of micromanaging. Forced to work many hours with no pay and encouraged to put less hours on time sheet than what was actually worked. Abuse employees until they crack and resign.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything else, especially micromanaging management
Strssfull
Vice President Youth Advocate Program (Former Employee) –  Liberty, NYOctober 14, 2018
Management played favorites and did not pay advocates enough money for the job. I enjoyed working with the families but not with state agencies. Loved the kids it made the job bearable.
great company
Therapeutic Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAOctober 11, 2018
This behavioral health company was easy to work with and was flexible with their workers. I feel like there were always clients available and if not there was work at the office that could be done.
Productive and Collaborative Place to work
TSS Worker (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 2, 2018
YAP is a great company to work for as an entry level. Whether your major was psychology, social work, or sociology, you’ll be welcomed with open arms and helped with any needs or concerns. However, being in the human services field, the pay is quite low for the work you’re doing. Overall a great company.
Pros
Free dinners at staff meetings, autonomy to make decisions, unsupervised work 75/100% of the time, and friendly office staff
Cons
Lack of benefits, work/life balance, and pay
office review
Outpatient/IIC therapist (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NJSeptember 14, 2018
Unorganized, lack of stability, poor office atmosphere, minimal staff support.
Families were great
Corporate office in PA not very invested in making the work environment fair and efficient.
Fufilling job
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Peckville, PAAugust 28, 2018
Working for Youth Advocate Programs is a pleasure. Requires emotional intelligence, effective communication skills, and being able to work independently or in a group setting. Part time employment salary is difficult to live off of solely.
Help the youth
IHD Advocate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2018
Great program to help aide the youth of Philadelphia to a brighter future. Most of the staff is friendly and helpful to new employees especially the youth.
Pros
Help the youth
Cons
FT not available
unnecessary training classes
Youth Advocate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2018
Not enough compensation for the jub and elements experienced. need more money for staff and students to enjoy activities. Staff need better pay and hours. Hours are monitored like the "Soup Line", making sure no one get's seconds.
Pros
Not enough spending money for the kids
Cons
pick your clients and hours
At my location; great team!
TSS (Current Employee) –  Bedford, PAAugust 13, 2018
It’s stressful (as any job in the mental health field is) but the Director and supervisors are supportive and helpful.

They try and fit the needs and wants of their employees any way they can!
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
No sick/vacation time
Relaxed work environment
Staff (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2018
This is a very relaxed work environment with many opportunities for different avenues to work in various programs that they offer. I feel that the pay should increase instead of capping off at such a low rate.
Helping The Youth
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 8, 2018
Working with SCYAP is my passion you worked with children and there families that has emotional, physiology and behavior issues.We worked in schools and the homes assist teacher and parents with the individuals that best fitted there needs. Most thing that I liked about the job is Making A Difference Out of There Lives.
Pros
Making your on schedule
Cons
Low hours
Enjoy working for this company due to supervisors support
Therapeutic Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 27, 2018
Arrived to the clients home, prompt any behaviors according to the treatment plan, on one of my specific case, transported client to a community integration activity and continue monitoring and providing feedback. I was able maintain open communication with family members as well role modeled positive interaction among themselves, I learned how much you can enjoy working while helping other to succeed using their on strengths. the hardest part of the job sometimes not enough hours to work on assigned cases that needed
more time to develop more skills, the most rewarding part of this job was the success I experience with my clients by accomplishing their goals on treatment plan. my supervisors and colleagues were always
willing to answer questions as needed.
Pros
paid mileage
Cons
no health benefits
The clients are awesome
Youth advocate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 27, 2018
I love advocating for the children and helping them change their lives. I love tm watch the kids grow in to young adults under the help and instruction of advocates
Pros
The Presence of the kids
Cons
Less than part time hours. no paid time off
You learn as you do
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 26, 2018
If you work with the autistic population you learn a lot by being completely immersed. I learned something new every day. Although the benefits are not there.
Contracted posititon
Youth Advocate/Transporter (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed working with youths making a difference in there life not fixing the problems but assisting them in maintaining the problems.I felt as if my job security left when the DSS board decided to change it's requirements to a Bachelor level of education after 12 yeas of experiance.
Great time with the kids I worked with
THERAPEUTIC SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Sharon, PAJuly 16, 2018
I worked here for 5 years and this job was rewarding to see when the kids made strides in different areas they were working on. I learned alot about autism and attended many different seminars
Fun working environment
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJuly 12, 2018
The job does not micro manage you and allows you to be creative. it is a fun work environment and flexible. the only complaint is they under pay people.