Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Contracted posititon
Youth Advocate/Transporter (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed working with youths making a difference in there life not fixing the problems but assisting them in maintaining the problems.I felt as if my job security left when the DSS board decided to change it's requirements to a Bachelor level of education after 12 yeas of experiance.
Great time with the kids I worked with
THERAPEUTIC SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Sharon, PAJuly 16, 2018
I worked here for 5 years and this job was rewarding to see when the kids made strides in different areas they were working on. I learned alot about autism and attended many different seminars
Case Management
Crisis Intervention Counselor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 3, 2018
Counseling teenage runaways. I loved this job. If we hadn't moved out of the area I would probably still be working at YAP. The people and the job were a great fit for me.
Adequate environment, poor management
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 11, 2018
Luckily there is very little day to day involvement with the office staff/management. Most days are independent work with clients in their classroom, home or community.
Pros
flexible hours, little involvement with office staff
Cons
poor management, hours were unreliable
Fun workplace
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2018
I love the company i have learned alot from the experience. The people here are inspiring. Everyday they make me want to work harder. To contribute to the company
Mobil Therapist
Mobil Therapist, Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PAMay 29, 2018
I as a mobile therapist and behavior consultant working with children who had mental health and developmental disability issues. I am not sure if they are still open and receiving state funding or not.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Productive and fun place to work.
Visitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 21, 2018
Love working for this company, just don't like all the miles put on my vehicle. Everyone pleasant, willing to help when asked. Love the fact of not having to sit in the office all day long.
Pros
Very flexible place to work
Cons
Vehicle wear and tear.
Productive place to work
Advocate (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 20, 2018
A typical day at work would include scheduling services with each family for the week. Mondays you go to the office to turn in all paperwork and to complete supervision. The rest of the week you just pick up your kids and take them to do activities.
Pros
Dental and vision insurance, retirement 403(b), you make your own schedule
Cons
you drive your own car and you may drive many miles in a week, food and activities come out of your pocket and you dont always get back everything you put out
Rewarding Work
Resolution and Prevention Therapist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 10, 2018
I enjoyed working with the children and families and found this work very rewarding. The young people faced challenges, but they were met with assistance from awesome mentors and stellar programming.
none at this time
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 7, 2018
this is a social service agency that is nonprofit. the salaries are low, the days long and the management team is more interested in census numbers than the welfare of children.
Cons
stressful working environment and a lot of gossiping.
Mobile Therapist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 30, 2018
Just very negative staff who is very judgmental towards the the people they serve. A lot of gossiping about other employees and the families and youth the serve.
Pros
Good pay but nothing is consistent.
Cons
bad benefits and best to just stay to yourself if you work there.
Social Work related experience
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 29, 2018
If you are in school for social work this is a great opportunity to gain experience. Great part-time flex job that allows you to set up your schedule. Only down side is the pay and the paperwork that usually is needed to get paid, and you have to be covered 100k-300k for body injury in your insurance. Weekly paycheck is a plus.
Pros
Great experience for social work students
Cons
Insurance 100k-300k, documentation, not paid enough
Great company
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, PAApril 28, 2018
Youth Advocate Program was a wonderful program to work for and great people to work with. The issue was that obtaining my masters degree in education and then being stuck as a TSS would not have benefitted me.
good for someone who doesn’t need a paycheck to survive
TSS (Former Employee) –  Meadville, PAApril 26, 2018
this place is good for a part-time job. hours are not guaranteed, there are zero benefits, and if your client cancels there is a good chance you won’t have sub work. orientation was very demanding and included driving to other counties. the pay per hour is decent but does not compensate for lack of hours. poorly ran by director from out of county office, was unaware of clients and issues in local office she oversaw.
Bad place to work. Some BSC’s carry themselves as if they were gods!!!!
TSS Worker (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 15, 2018
Bad company to work for! This company only puts a bandaid on the problems that these children are experiencing. Some TSS and BSC know what they are doing and committed to the overall health of the client. Majority just want to get paid not caring what happens to the client. They need to do a overhaul of the company from the top down
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Not a welcoming company for new employees
productive
Assistant Director of Improving Families (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYApril 10, 2018
great place to work and grow mentally and spritiually. Although the pay can be more due to the demand of the caseloads. But overall you will fill a sense of fulfillment working for this orginization.
Internerd
Internship (Former Employee) –  Newark New JerseyApril 9, 2018
I did alot of paper work and went on intake with other case managers.. I felt that the staff would talk bad about people that were interning and had them doing the backed up work they never go to..
I love this company
YES Waiver Advocate (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 2, 2018
I truly do enjoy working for YAP, however as a part time employee you can not work over 30 hours, appointment cancelations are uncertain and the administration pay is low for my liking. If you are a student or someone looking to make an impact in your community with out committing to a full time job. This company is for you, you make your own hours, drive your own vehicle, and are not micro-managed. Plus you gain skills you can use on your own children or for yourself.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Not full time
A company that wants to see youth and family succeed
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2018
A company dedicated to helping at risk youth and families. Providing behavioral health, wraparound and detention alternative programs. Employing both advocates and QMHP's
Low pay and no room for growth
THERAPEUTIC STAFF SUPPORT (TSS) (Former Employee) –  Towanda, PAMarch 27, 2018
Low pay, poor benefits, management was inconsistent with expectations. Case notes were redundant in daily operations. Meetings were pointless talk sessions to fulfill administration timelogs.