Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. Employee Reviews

office review
Outpatient/IIC therapist (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NJSeptember 14, 2018
Unorganized, lack of stability, poor office atmosphere, minimal staff support.
Families were great
Corporate office in PA not very invested in making the work environment fair and efficient.
unnecessary training classes
Youth Advocate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2018
Not enough compensation for the jub and elements experienced. need more money for staff and students to enjoy activities. Staff need better pay and hours. Hours are monitored like the "Soup Line", making sure no one get's seconds.
Pros
Not enough spending money for the kids
Cons
pick your clients and hours
At my location; great team!
TSS (Current Employee) –  Bedford, PAAugust 13, 2018
It’s stressful (as any job in the mental health field is) but the Director and supervisors are supportive and helpful.

They try and fit the needs and wants of their employees any way they can!
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
No sick/vacation time
Relaxed work environment
Staff (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2018
This is a very relaxed work environment with many opportunities for different avenues to work in various programs that they offer. I feel that the pay should increase instead of capping off at such a low rate.
Helping The Youth
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 8, 2018
Working with SCYAP is my passion you worked with children and there families that has emotional, physiology and behavior issues.We worked in schools and the homes assist teacher and parents with the individuals that best fitted there needs. Most thing that I liked about the job is Making A Difference Out of There Lives.
Pros
Making your on schedule
Cons
Low hours
Enjoy working for this company due to supervisors support
Therapeutic Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 27, 2018
Arrived to the clients home, prompt any behaviors according to the treatment plan, on one of my specific case, transported client to a community integration activity and continue monitoring and providing feedback. I was able maintain open communication with family members as well role modeled positive interaction among themselves, I learned how much you can enjoy working while helping other to succeed using their on strengths. the hardest part of the job sometimes not enough hours to work on assigned cases that needed
more time to develop more skills, the most rewarding part of this job was the success I experience with my clients by accomplishing their goals on treatment plan. my supervisors and colleagues were always
willing to answer questions as needed.
Pros
paid mileage
Cons
no health benefits
The clients are awesome
Youth advocate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 27, 2018
I love advocating for the children and helping them change their lives. I love tm watch the kids grow in to young adults under the help and instruction of advocates
Pros
The Presence of the kids
Cons
Less than part time hours. no paid time off
You learn as you do
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 26, 2018
If you work with the autistic population you learn a lot by being completely immersed. I learned something new every day. Although the benefits are not there.
Contracted posititon
Youth Advocate/Transporter (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed working with youths making a difference in there life not fixing the problems but assisting them in maintaining the problems.I felt as if my job security left when the DSS board decided to change it's requirements to a Bachelor level of education after 12 yeas of experiance.
Great time with the kids I worked with
THERAPEUTIC SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Sharon, PAJuly 16, 2018
I worked here for 5 years and this job was rewarding to see when the kids made strides in different areas they were working on. I learned alot about autism and attended many different seminars
Fun working environment
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJuly 12, 2018
The job does not micro manage you and allows you to be creative. it is a fun work environment and flexible. the only complaint is they under pay people.
Case Management
Crisis Intervention Counselor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 3, 2018
Counseling teenage runaways. I loved this job. If we hadn't moved out of the area I would probably still be working at YAP. The people and the job were a great fit for me.
Adequate environment, poor management
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 11, 2018
Luckily there is very little day to day involvement with the office staff/management. Most days are independent work with clients in their classroom, home or community.
Pros
flexible hours, little involvement with office staff
Cons
poor management, hours were unreliable
Fun workplace
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2018
I love the company i have learned alot from the experience. The people here are inspiring. Everyday they make me want to work harder. To contribute to the company
Mobil Therapist
Mobil Therapist, Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PAMay 29, 2018
I as a mobile therapist and behavior consultant working with children who had mental health and developmental disability issues. I am not sure if they are still open and receiving state funding or not.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Productive and fun place to work.
Visitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 21, 2018
Love working for this company, just don't like all the miles put on my vehicle. Everyone pleasant, willing to help when asked. Love the fact of not having to sit in the office all day long.
Pros
Very flexible place to work
Cons
Vehicle wear and tear.
Productive place to work
Advocate (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 20, 2018
A typical day at work would include scheduling services with each family for the week. Mondays you go to the office to turn in all paperwork and to complete supervision. The rest of the week you just pick up your kids and take them to do activities.
Pros
Dental and vision insurance, retirement 403(b), you make your own schedule
Cons
you drive your own car and you may drive many miles in a week, food and activities come out of your pocket and you dont always get back everything you put out
Rewarding Work
Resolution and Prevention Therapist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 10, 2018
I enjoyed working with the children and families and found this work very rewarding. The young people faced challenges, but they were met with assistance from awesome mentors and stellar programming.
none at this time
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 7, 2018
this is a social service agency that is nonprofit. the salaries are low, the days long and the management team is more interested in census numbers than the welfare of children.
Cons
stressful working environment and a lot of gossiping.
Mobile Therapist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 30, 2018
Just very negative staff who is very judgmental towards the the people they serve. A lot of gossiping about other employees and the families and youth the serve.
Pros
Good pay but nothing is consistent.
Cons
bad benefits and best to just stay to yourself if you work there.