Youth Alliance Employee Reviews

Poorly managed agency
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CASeptember 13, 2018
This agency plays an important role in the community. Sadly though, they do not manage the agency properly and the staff are expected to deal with the consequences. They have a great position to create positive change and grow and expand but I feel that the executive director burns more bridges than she builds with other agencies which affects working relationships with her staff.
Cons
Below average pay/ No benefits
Fun job working with school aged and middle school children
Youth Alliance after School Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CAJuly 26, 2018
I had a great time working here, the kids were sweet and the coworkers were awesome! Rainy days were a little tough because the kids were inside all day and had so much energy, other than that everything was great.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Deputy Director of Programs (Current Employee) –  Hollister, CANovember 10, 2017
Youth Alliance (YA) allows me to be totally creative and have open, transparent relationships with my co-workers and direct reports. YA is innovative and progressive.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
All-hands-on-deck type of organization
productive work place
Hollister, Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  310 fourth st Hollister Ca 95023October 20, 2015
work is always productive. I learned to do case management with clients and assist them with other services to help their needs. Management was always helpful and available. My co-workers we're team players and always gave positive feed back. The hardest part of the job was some unsuccessful cases. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with co-worker at retreats and lunches.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
need more opportunities to grow
Great learning experience.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CASeptember 30, 2015
Fast pace work and environment was always changing. Great supervisors. There were some issues with co-workers but its like that in any job. The hardest part of the job was not advancing or being able to get full time employment after volunteer contract ended. I enjoyed learning the ins and outs of corrections and restorative justice. I loved learning how the department runs its programs.
Pros
Insight to justice system and law enforcement
Cons
No benefits or opportunity for advancement
Typical nonprofit
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hollister, CaSeptember 4, 2014
A great local nonprofit that does important work in the community. Like many nonprofits, funding comes and goes and that can affect job security.