Youth Consultation Service Employee Reviews in Hackensack, NJ

buse
Behavioral Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMay 13, 2018
Clients were can be very aggressive. I was always placed with the aggressive clients. I was led to believe that my department was stronger than it was. Everyone was laid off.
Pros
a job
Cons
a low paying job
poor place of employment
Senior RA (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJApril 30, 2018
I gave them one star because i feel the job could have been a good one. But they never had the best interest of the employees and they always turned employees against each other.
productive fast paced workplace
Situational Response Team (SRT) Northern Region (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJApril 13, 2018
It all depends on the attitude and relationship you build and create with the individuals we serve here at YCS I learned that communication is a must the hardest part of the job can be a difficult staff your working with who chooses what they will do instead of working as a team.
Pros
Free meal varies
Cons
mandating
Incredibly misleading
RA (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 12, 2018
You think you are coming to this company to work with troubled youth and their families?

Get ready to be a prison guard in kid jail.

No room for advancement.

Very little pay for the stress involved.

Management is only concerned with themselves.
Movies, Sporting Events
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 5, 2018
If you love working with children, YCS is the job for you. Children who have been neglected and abused either physically, mentally, or emotionally, truly need our caring and support.
Pros
Free lunch, breakfast and dinner.
Cons
lack of career advancements.
A new and different experience
Situational Response Team (SRT-Northern Region) (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 29, 2018
Hardest part of the job is not knowing what type of issues you will run into for the day. Not enough coverage. Hard to see such young individuals go through such difficulty or traumatic experiences.
I learned a lot about the DDD community
Pros
Helping individual with special needs or behavioral issues
Cons
Not enough coverage
Alot of work no pay, no room for advancement
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 22, 2018
The job itself was not stressful but management itself could careless about their employees or the children at the facilities. They care about lining their pockets with bonuses. There are no raises given, they care about opening new programs instead of taking care of their existing ones, and HR is a joke every single one of them should be fired from there.
Pros
free meals while working
Cons
everything else
Terrible place
Residential Life Assistant-Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJNovember 30, 2017
always underpaid; over time, they've cut benefits; very insensitive to the needs of the kids in their care; have learned that they do not deal with employee disputes in a confidential and professional manner; NEPOTISM is their greatest fault to date.
Pros
Cons
Worse place for those looking for advancement within the company
Fast paced, intense, large amounts of paperwork
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJOctober 16, 2017
This company is fast paced, has intense caseloads, and large amounts of paperwork. Often working over 40 hours per week in order to keep up with the work load demands.
a Stressfull and unvaued work environment.
Director, Sawtelle Morris Group Home (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJune 2, 2017
I had poor supervision and hade to learn everything on my own with NO supervision, training or guidance of how to run a program. within my 2 years I organized the program hired new employees and was able to Meets with DD Office of Licensing Inspectors during annual residential inspection. Passing both years with high standards received certificate for outstanding work in my program, received award for fire safety month. Had 5 agency Audi and pass 4 and made Corrects to all deficiencies cited on DD Annual Licensing Inspection Report within set time frame. Are just some of things I did during my time at YCS.
My Teacher Aide Experience
Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 31, 2016
In my honest opinion, this is a great entry level field to start out of college. You really learn a lot on the job. As many say, "experience is the best teacher." The benefits are okay if you don't have kids. My co-workers are helpful and supportive. Me being a one to one Teacher Aide (Paraprofessional) I enjoy my job and working with youth. However, there are a few flaws being a one to one such as: Being stuck with only one kid and you're not allowed to help others which I don't like. Sometimes I feel less important compared to other staff and my job isn't 100% secure because if the student leaves and there aren't any other open spots, I could be transferred or possibly unemployed although they say they try their best to keep you. This position requires A LOT of patience in the tough atmosphere and effective communication. Unless you're trying to become a supervisor or manager, I say get your experience and move on up before you get stuck; especially if you want to have a family and get you're own house. The pay is mediocre for the strenuous work that you have to do.
Pros
A lot of job opportunities, prepares you for the next level on the career ladder, good benefits, paid holidays and sick days, flexible hours.
Cons
High turnover rate, break is not guaranteed, mediocre pay in a tough environment, position can be switched at any moment
Not helpful to children
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMay 2, 2016
This place might be an easy job, but you won't help any children here. Most staff play with their phones all day and will do ANYTHING not to get in trouble with management when residents have a complaint, including make false accusations. You won't help any kids, especially not at the Hackensack location.
Pros
Staff think job is easy money
Cons
You won't help kids; staff give new staff bad examples
Supervise all clients to ensure there mental and physical well-being.
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hackensack NJAugust 18, 2015
A typical day entails supervising at-risk children with their day to day task. It is important to monitor their behaviors, maintain a healthy living environment for them and to make sure they are safe at all times. As a worker there I assist with providing necessary documentation for each client and also provide mentoring services to the clients.
horrible place to work
RESIDENTIAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 28, 2015
Clean work environment wake kids.
Learned how not to treat people.
Management is horrible.
Great Co-workers(some of them)
The worst part of the job, the pay
The best part of the job is clocking out.
Pros
Cons
Very low pay. For hard and dangerous work.
was a very interesting job filled with alot of stress
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJune 19, 2015
a typical day was busy and full of enjoyment and also had its ups and downs
co-workers did not work together
I learned to always always cover my back
Work Day
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 16, 2015
A typical work day would consist of tending to the needs of children from 5 to 18 years old and sometime DDD children/adults; administering medications; vaccinating; taking off MD/APN orders; documenting all my duties
Pros
Food Provided
Cons
The hours at times
A meaningful place to work: Know that you are helping others
Director of Public Relations/Communications (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJanuary 7, 2015
The agency has wonderful health benefits and a generous vacation,sick and personal day policy. The mission is very noble and the number of children and families helped every year very commendable.
It had its ups and downs
Situational Response Team Worker (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 7, 2014
Worked in various houses with children with severe mental and behavioral health issues. Co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the progression of the clients aggressive behaviors. The best part of the job is that you can pretty much make your own hours.
Pros
decent pay, met different clients/co-workers
Cons
life being in constant danger with the clients escalating aggressive behaviors
SRT -Behavioral Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJune 5, 2014
My work day consist of assisting children with autism in daily living
Productive place to work.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMarch 2, 2014
Steady paced work place. Lots team work. Cooking for the children in the facility was the best part of the job.