Youth Consultation Service

Youth Consultation Service Employee Reviews in Paterson, NJ

Personal Assistant
I assisted people with DDD with their daily activities and also cooked for them, do their laundaries, clean their apartments and also give them their medications.
Good Place to Work for few years
It is not an agency that you could work for the rest of your career. The main reason is that they never give raises. So if You are going to work at YCS set a goal to do it for 3 to 5 years. Also make sure that you negotiate a rate with which you would be fine in 4 years. --It is stressful. May times you will feel that you are on your own.
What you learned
YCS has not only made me a hard worker, but have given me skills that I can not only use in my profession field but also in my everyday life. My co workers, the clients and their families have all made me feel so welcome and it has made it a comfortable work environment.
great people
I enjoyed the opportunity of getting the chance to work at ycs I love working with kids it brings positive energy to the table also I love cleaning and cutting grass
Leadership
It is a rewarding job to help the youth in needs of our service. However management is more into fault finding than fixing the culprit. The leadership style needs improvement.
Cons
Unable to take vacation or call out with large PTO balance
great place to work and gain experience
i enjoy my consumers and staff but management needs alot more professionalism. there isn't any in house hiring when a position becomes available the manager hires outside first before even asking staff are they interested in the open position and if staff make it known they are interested its given away to someone that is a outsider.
Pros
staff gets along with one another
Cons
manager is against staff and put staff against one another
Flexible Work Environment
Youth Consultation Services is a great way to jump start a career in clinical and social work fields. It is especially rewarding for those of us who have a genuine concern for the youth. However, because there are a lot of grant based positions and programs, job security is an issue. Also, because salaries are not as competitive as they can be in other corporations, leadership is often hired who is not necessarily qualified to provide what some professionals require in consistency, structure, and guidance. Each day is unpredictable, but if you have a strong team, you will be able to handle it. I've learned to adapt to my work environment and to consider different perspectives when issues arise and need to be resolved. The teacher, the administrator, the counselor, the case manager will all have different agendas and perspectives. If you can acknowledge this and work through it, you can be successful in your time at YCS.
Pros
Flexible and understanding leadership, great opportunities to use creativity, freedom to implement plans in different ways
Cons
Lack of effective supervision, too many issues and not enough problem solving by leadership, inconsistency
Nice work environment.
Overseeing the individuals needs and to make sure they are well cared for. Feeding, doctor appointments and taking them on outings.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
High turnover rate
Interacting with behavioral and mental health youths (girls/boys)
fun, and exciting. learn a lot about the challenges that the youth have to face every day.

I enjoy working for YCS.

And the staff are very hard workers.
greatbexperience
monitor youths. taught life skills. transport to and from school. help plan recreational activites. transport to doctor and court.
Pros
love it
Cons
not doing more to help the company
Easy going workplace
A typical day at work for me consist of assuring the unit is ran in a safe and orderly manner overnight. It's my duty to do daily room checks and log information in the log book very 15 minutes.
Pros
night shift, residents are asleep
Cons
I don't really get a chance to build a rap ore with the residents due to the time i report to work.
Good Job
It was a hectic job but I loved it, I loved working with the kids and the staff were very friendly I learned a lot everyday
Communicating with youths
My typical work day concise of supervison, interaction and listening. I've learned there are different behaviors, not one person is the same and the value of active listening with patience. Team work is important with my co-workers as well as listening to each other.
This is a very good place to work
a typical day will be, starting room checks, greeting the teens, speaking with them, making sure there needs ar met and distributing the correct medications to the proper residents. There is always something new to learn here when it comes to residents. my co-workers are awesome! we work together and take care of one another as a family. the hardest part of my job is when the therepist is against the team. the most enjoyable time when working is when we get to take the residents out and allow them to have fun and celebrate all the hard work the have accomplished.
Pros
there are many connections to this job
Cons
the apns and therapist can make this job very hard
fun place to work
great working environment,excellent co-workers, would love to get rehired. Awesome hours, great benefit package
Pros
vacation times
Cons
breaktimes
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Youth Consultation Service. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight