Youth Consultation Service

Youth Consultation Service Employee Reviews for Teacher's Aide

My Teacher Aide Experience
In my honest opinion, this is a great entry level field to start out of college. You really learn a lot on the job. As many say, "experience is the best teacher." The benefits are okay if you don't have kids. My co-workers are helpful and supportive. Me being a one to one Teacher Aide (Paraprofessional) I enjoy my job and working with youth. However, there are a few flaws being a one to one such as: Being stuck with only one kid and you're not allowed to help others which I don't like. Sometimes I feel less important compared to other staff and my job isn't 100% secure because if the student leaves and there aren't any other open spots, I could be transferred or possibly unemployed although they say they try their best to keep you. This position requires A LOT of patience in the tough atmosphere and effective communication. Unless you're trying to become a supervisor or manager, I say get your experience and move on up before you get stuck; especially if you want to have a family and get you're own house. The pay is mediocre for the strenuous work that you have to do.
Pros
A lot of job opportunities, prepares you for the next level on the career ladder, good benefits, paid holidays and sick days, flexible hours.
Cons
High turnover rate, break is not guaranteed, mediocre pay in a tough environment, position can be switched at any moment
Fast pace learning environment
YCS has provided the best learning environment for not only it's students but equally to it's staff. We work on a theme related curriculum so it makes for the best possible work environment for people who are crafty.
Pros
Knowledgeable staff
Cons
Pay
Cool Company
The pay rate might start a little low at first but with more training your pay increases and they give lots of free training. YCS is very open to transfers and great holiday pay and vacation pay.
ONLY GOOD if you like morning jobs
The people you work with are cool. The administration are a bunch of tools. I worked at the site in montclair. Def good job if you like morning work.Your usually out be 3pm. The pay sucks for the type of work your doing. You would think since its special needs you get paid more but def not the case.
Pros
staff you work with
Cons
pay sucks, administration sucks
Sawtelle
I got a lot of good experience here, but I would not move up in the company.
Pros
good hours
Cons
low pay
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Youth Consultation Service. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight