Youth Development Institute

Youth Development Institute Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse2 reviews
United States2 reviews
Worked there as agency for a couple of months. Pay was substantially lower than usual, but there wasn't much to do overnight after 10 p.m., so it was a moot point.

It had been years since I had to do everything on paper, including MARs, and I hadn't given meds from blister packs in at least a decade to over eight patients.

The lack of use of complete personal identifiers (i.e., no wristbands on patients, some med cups with pictures of patient, others without) for medication administration helped cause me to make a med error on what turned into my last shift there. I thought I'd help things move along because the LPN (med nurse) was sent out to one of the group homes, delaying the med pass. The YCW for one section was asking me to pass the meds, as the kids were getting antsy and we were behind schedule. I had passed meds before and didn't like sitting doing nothing and getting paid for it, so I started passing meds.

Ultimately nothing untoward happened to the patient who got one extra med. I was 86'd after the end of the shift, though all the staff said it was an "honest mistake" and didn't blame me. (Long side note: I've never heard of a nurse being canned over a single med error, anywhere, especially when it resulted in no harm to the patient. The agency told me after the shift that YDI said I had had "discrepancies," but wouldn't elaborate. No one had brought up any issues prior to that time. You can throw me under the bus for something I actually did—fine. Inventing bogus issues borders could be considered damage to reputation, and that can land a company in legal
 - more...
This facility focuses on the care and concerns of the children.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Youth Development Institute. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.6
2.7
2.5
Youth Development Institute Reviews by Location
Career recommendations for Registered Nurse
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more