Youth Development Institute

Youth Development Institute Employee Reviews for YCW

YCW3 reviews
United States3 reviews
Philosophy is weird.

Co-workers make all the difference because at the end of the day that is all you have.

Kids were sometimes rewarded for bad behaviors and the good behaviors were noticed but were rewarded just the same or maybe a tad more than others.

They did a lot for the kids.

High-turnover + low qualifications = some interesting coworkers.

Whats up and TM and BS, sidekicks for life ;)
Pros
Freee food, laid back at times
Cons
Philosophy
This job is all over the place don’t know where to start. The pay is horrible I was Here for 3+ years and didn’t receive a Raise at all. College Grad Starting Salary was $13.50. People still currently working here now Haven't seen a raise in years. The cost of living is going up and the only way to pay the bills is slaving picking up OT. The kids bully you 24/7 you get hit cursed at and nothing happens to the kids. They may go to jail but back the next day. Administration doesn’t care about staff and some of the Admin staff brag about there pay to others which is frustrating. You do so much for the kids but what you do hardly gets recognized. Some units are hard to structure because of the types of kids they bring in. I wish staff could help the interview process of the kids they bring in so we can get an input but that would never happen. Admin goes home and live there normal 9 to 5 life while YCWs are still at work working 16 hours shifts just to put food on the table and feed there family. This was a great place to work Restraint Free Friendly Staff To Work With. But the lack of support and pay from Admin really shows you how they actually feel about you they could honestly care less about how much you bring home just as long as you Follow there Program. If you wanted too you could make $50,000 a year at this job with OT but you will never be home with your family. Without the OT you’re looking at $30,000. If you’re a college grad starting off here don’t come you will get low balled with the pay like me.
Pros
CoWorkers, Overtime
Cons
Poor Management, Pay
This is not an easy job, but it is very rewarding. The only real complain I have is the lack of communication between the higher ups. Information was relayed over to staff incorrectly and not in detail. It puts many employees in a bad situation, so just be aware.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Youth Development Institute?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Youth Development Institute. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.6
2.7
2.5
Youth Development Institute Reviews by Location
Career recommendations for YCW
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more