Youth Enrichment League

• Support from manager
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun workplace

Nice people to work with in the office and at the schools when working a class. I taught a Legos class part-time for about 8 years. Absolutely loved this job!!

Great Place to Work, but not many hours and drive time

I loved working for Youth Enrichment League. The pay was competitive and great for a second job to supplement your income, but you could not live on teaching at Youth Enrichment League as a main source of income and I had to drive long distances to teach, which then lowered my hourly rate significantly, but I did receive mileage pay.

Pros

Great people and fun kids.

Cons

Not enough hours to support yourself as a main source of income and long hours.

Productive and Fun Workplace

Youth Enrichment League is a great company to work for. They offer a flexible work schedule, more than reasonable pay, and an incredible staff with which to work.

Excellent program

I’ve really enjoyed my time with YEL and am looking forward to resuming once it is cleared to safely continue with school-led covid precautions in place. The management is excellent, school support staff are excellent, and I really enjoy teaching the kinds of problem-solving requires for kids to gain footing in outside-the-box thinking.

Great Experience

I loved being a coach here. Great people and I learned a bunch about coaching and teaching not normally taught in teacher education programs. I also had the chance to work with significantly younger kids than what I was used to. I think that developed my skills even more.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Flexible Chess Job

Coaching with Youth Enrichment League is a good experience for those looking for part-time work. They pay relatively well, are usually very good at getting back to their coaches when issues arise, and provide a steady paycheck.

Great Workplace for students and/or Part-time seekers

Love YEL with a great management team! They are super flexible and understanding. They make sure you are happy and satisfied and that we are all on the same boat! Being a full-time student, YEL worked perfectly with my schedule!

Pros

Mileage Reimbursement

Cons

Full-time Hours unlikely

Very good place to work

Though there are some natural limits to this teaching opportunity, I have greatly enjoyed this opportunity and hope to keep teaching with them for the rest of my life.

Pros

Good pay, work with kids, Gas Stipid

Cons

Requires a large amount of the afternoon/evening

Coach

Fun,relaxed. Good place to work. Great communication between the managers and myself. Great way to encourage physical activity while being active with youth. Just an all around fun and exciting job to go to.

Pros

Kids, learning, play at work, positive and nurturing environment

Cons

Not enough classes in the day

A great experience!

I am leaving YEL to meet my own financial requirements. I highly recommend it if you are energized by teaching and having fun with lots of great kids. I hope to return when I am able. I enjoy chess and found the instruction materials very good for youngsters. Kids will likely be there because they want to be and have fully engaged support from their parents. How the group responds, I think, will likely depend on a teacher's strengths, but make a connection, care and it will go well. I had a blast! You have some instruction and support, but this is a solo position and success or failure is on you. I loved this aspect of the job, but be aware of this.

Pros

Great fun and challenge! Autonomy. Chess!

Cons

The pay is fair per hour, but is limited in work hours possible.

Solid organization focused on the kids

I had a great time teaching a variety of after school programs to kids. The management was good and the parents were grateful. A great job to have while in college.

Easy Job if your good with kids

This Job is easy you only need to be good with kids. You don't need to know so much of what you are teaching the kids. Youth Enrichment will give you all the materials and a packet on what you can and will teach the kids during class. Every year the teachers will get together to talk about, what we have done, what we can do better and, what we can do from here. Everyone is very nice and can help you along.

Pros

Great Pay for a small bit of your time

Cons

Sometimes trying to watch all the kids

Awesome managment

Management were awesome. They always paid for your time no matter what. They treated you with respect and would always give you praise if they heard compliments from parents. I would do this full time but maybe after retirement.

Caring company filled with good people

The best managers I've ever had, generally cared about the well-being of all of their employees, and the content of their classes. Regular meeting discuss change and potential ideas. Very flexible hours and well paid -- an excellent after-school, weekend, or second job. The standard to which I hold all subsequent employers (most suffer in comparison).

Flexible, Fun, and Independent

- Great for a second job - Work is Independent, allowing teachers to develop their own teaching styles without following a strict guideline. - Very flexible

Pros

Fun and engaging atmosphere, Organized management, Friendly staff

Cons

Very low on hours during the school year, More hours available during the summer.

Youth Enrichment League

Great place to work for. I love teaching children chess and there are many opportunities to teach other programs. Great school selection and pay. All equipment is provided.

Pros

Schedule, pay, nice staff, fun

Cons

A wonderful opportunity for anyone to be important in the life of children - our greatest natural resource!

The Youth Enrichment League offers everyone the opportunity to teach children about an interesting variety of subjects. The company management, operations and personnel are excellent. I am very grateful for this opportunity to be a positive influence in the lives of the children I teach. It has been 7 years of exciting, fast-paced fun. I am one of the few lucky people that do not work for a living - I "play" for a living! Thanks Youth Enrichment League!!

Youth Enrichment League is a wonderful company to work for as a part time teacher/instructor. The company offers flexible hours Monday-Friday afternoons plus occasional evening or Saturday morning classes. Morning and/or afternoon camps are offered during the summer time. The goal is to bring the highest quality after-school programs and activities to both public and private schools throughout Minnesota, Colorado, and sections of Wisconsin and Iowa. Teaching through YEL and working with children is a great learning and life enriching experience for the instructors as well. The management is highly professional, dynamic, and loyal to YEL employees. Instructors of all ages are all highly committed and dedicated educators, and they are truly fun to work with. The job requires some commuting which can sometimes be challenging, but the time spent working with students, sharing the knowledge and skills and having fun with them is definitely rewording and worth the few extra miles.

Pros

Flexible hours; Spectrum of teaching opportunities; Mileage reimbursement;

Cons

Occasionally challenging commuting

Productive and fun workplace, working with kids and being a positive influence on them

I teach kids, grades K-5, how to play chess. This includes teaching them strategy as well, so they can enjoy playing chess at a higher level. I learn how to handle kids in a classroom environment. Employer management is organized and friendly. Co-workers are helpful, friendly, and well chosen for their ability to assist in a classroom setting. The most challenging part of my job is handling misbehavior from a student or multiple students. I've learned how to deal with this in a professional and successful manner, maintaining trust from the school and from the parents. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the kids have a good time and seeing their interest in chess growing. This can apply to any subject matter, by the way, and not just limited to chess. I use chess because that's what I am currently teaching.

Pros

Free food at company meetings and great entertainment. Teaching can be fun.

Cons

Healthcare is costly and not covered if you are a part-time teacher.

Offers outstanding opportunities to inspire young students.

The Youth Enrichment League offers outstanding opportunities for young students to pursue extra-curricular activities that are not usually provided in after school programs. From chess to fencing to Legos to music (as well as many other options), students are challenged intellectually, physically, and creatively to reach their fullest potentials. The management of this organization is exceptional, providing outstanding support to the teachers. There is tremendous respect between the administration and teachers and a sense of "family" between co-workers. Inspiring young people is the true mission of the Youth Enrichment League and the students are the real winners.

Pros

Great support, good salary, wonderful opportunities.

Cons

Not enough work in the summer months.

Getting kids to smile while they learn!

I love teaching the classes here in Red Wing! I really enjoy seeing the kids master skills and complete projects! I live in the community where I teach so I have kids and parents both ask me when our in the community when my next class is! I have built my classes up so they are full which means more money for me! Also I learn from the kids every class as well!

Pros

Quick easy classes, good pay, materials provided

Cons

Late parents

Official response from Youth Enrichment League

October 18, 2016
Thank you for teaching in Red Wing with us. It's a small, beautiful community that certainly has a need for enrichment.You are a great example of an instructor who comes to us with ideas (i.e. "Hey, let's do chess in Red Wing. I can teach chess.") and inspires us to provide more opportunities for the Red Wing youth.You are a stellar instructor and we appreciate your hard work and "Can-Do" Attitude.Late parents are an issue. We'll continue to address this with parents as clients in hope that parents will behave better. Some kid's parents...sheesh!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Youth Enrichment League. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.8