Youth Opportunities Unlimited Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Was a hard experience since it was summer and it was very hot
Recreation Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 7, 2018
Paid biweekly I did not really enjoy it because of the pay it was way less than I imagined it would be but other than that it was a friendly work environment
Great first work experience for teens
Child Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 29, 2018
Y.O.U. gives teens the opportunity to build job skills and get experience with different employers in the city of Kalamazoo. It's a mentorship type program where we gain experience in the work field and get educational sessions on building resumes, etc.
What a reward!
Community Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJuly 24, 2018
Working at Y.O.U. is a very challenging yet rewarding experience. My job consist of empowering youths/young adults to reach there potentials despite the barriers that often seem to plague them. I love what I do, and I especially enjoy seeing the progress that our youths/young adults are making to have a better life for themselves and sometimes for their children and families. What a really passionate non-profit organization to work with.
Pros
Kind of family-oriented atmosphere
Cons
Slightly more pay
It was a smooth working environment.
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 18, 2018
I really had fun working through the youth opportunities program it was fairly easy but gave me a view on how it feels to work . The people were nice mostly and it was really neutral most of the time I never had any real problems while working there.
Ok
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 11, 2018
Nice job to work at if you are a minor still in school. If you need a first job this is the place to go. They will find you an assignment for the summer.
Best work Environment
Validation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 21, 2018
Family feel
Great manager
Great supervisor
Great work ethic
How to embrace different walks of life.
Everyday was enjoyable due to my team/coworkers.
Productive and fun workplace
Internship (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 18, 2018
Working for YOU can be a great experience .The amount of new things you learn compared to the amount of fun you have is unimaginable . It almost doesn’t feel as if you’re working a job .
It was pretty good and very productive
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 30, 2018
We took different classes on a college campus and we also took different college trips. I learned a different language and learned about lots of college opportunities.
Pros
Free lunches
Individual Work Life
EDUCATION TRAINER & FACILITATOR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 25, 2018
There is only one person slated to do each job in a particular program. It never felt as though I had co workers which was ideally okay however, problematic when needed time off or whenever someone else was absent from work.

The organization has very good intentions and will continue to make gains in children lives.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Many talentless people
Several activities throughout the day that cope with mentoring young girls
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 20, 2018
The girls would report to camp in the morning and go home after 6 pm. throughout the day, the girls are to report to poem writing and lyric writing classes along with dance class.
Pros
Dancing and Singing
Cons
Age restriction of 18 and younger
it was ok
Underpass (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2018
the job was okay i liked working there for the summer becayse it gave me benefits of having experince as working as a janitor for other jobs also it help with communication skills
Fun summer employment
Summer Camp Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 9, 2018
A Typical day of work included, cutting grass, community engagement with the seniors, cleaning up the neighborhoods, all types of maintenance work. Watering lawns and gardens. Just all around summer fun.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Hot weather
N/a
Food Prep/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 15, 2018
It is a summer program that has you work with other companies. It basically helps you get a job with ither companies and if they decide that they want you to work with them then they will hire you themselves.
fulfilling work helping youth
Youth Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Commerce, TXMarch 26, 2018
hands on/direct mentoring of youths (teenagers) during summer months. This employment was very rewarding in terms of watching children develop and grow mentally and emotionally. Great group of fellow staff members that were on one accord in that the children were the main focus of why we were there.
Pros
great staff and rewarding experience
Cons
short term contract employment
Excellent Summer Employment For Students
Recreation Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 10, 2018
The Youth Opportunity Unlimited is a program that gives young students a chance to start the work force. It ranges from different ages,race,creed or color. This program prepare young people with customer service skills to work in any company. It gives you confidence that you can work, and earn income. I learned so many skills, and working with different ages of people. The hardest part of this job was transportation. It was my first job and I had to learn how to take public transportation. The co workers was so friendly, and didn't have no problem with assisting the younger co workers.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Break
safe and productive work environment
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 26, 2018
mowed grass, cleaned up around the school, helped move things around the district, removed weeds, moved furniture and desks, swept and mopped, took out trash
Its a nice place to work at.
Public Safety camp (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 19, 2018
When I was working at YOU, I woke up at 6:30 everyday then my grandma drove me down to Tri-C. And i waited there until the bus came to get us, then we were took to the west side campus and during the workday we did public safety activities and simulations of what goes on.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hot weather, time management
Boring
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 16, 2018
Most of the people who work for this organization only do it for money and they do not care about their job. One of the worst programs I have ever been in.
Good
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHFebruary 12, 2018
My first summer job it provided minimum wage pay. All my supervisors who I worked with we’re happy that i was a co-worker. They didn’t over work people either. We got stuff done when we needed to.
Working in the schools with students
Career Coach (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 19, 2018
Youth Opportunities Unlimited run the programs, provide support and are community partners for the schools.
I work at a high school off site with 11th and 12th grade student teaching them career readiness and entrepreneurship classes. I love being in the schools with the student teaching them about life and things that they need to know about careers. Teaching them and help them with life choice, exposing them to new opportunities for there future.
Pros
They will work with you
Cons
Things are changing, lack of support