Youth Opportunity Investments, LLC Employee Reviews

Steer clear of Roane Academy
Maintenance Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockwood, TNAugust 13, 2018
New management took over and things went down hill and continue to go down hill. Steer clear and work somewhere else, save yourself the headache of having to find another job once you start this one and find out you made a mistake, youth opportunities is concerned with the bottom line and their employees do not fall into the equation than bodies that are required by the state.

When the business was owned by omni visions it was a far better place to work, I enjoyed my job and boss for all the help and understanding about everything that is required to repair a facility solo, without any help. The new company could never grasp why repairing the same walls 40 times a day was happening and why other things were falling behind.
Pros
Cons
Lack of staff, administration that don't have a clue.
Awesome place to work!
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 2, 2018
Working at Youth Opportunity Investments is amazing. Everyday you come into work and you feel like you are making a difference. Management here is seriously awesome and they genuinely care about you. The President and Vice President are very engaged in what the facilities do and they put the employees and the youth first. They are doing a great job developing a culture and are definitely headed in the right direction.
The first step to making a difference
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 28, 2018
I’ve been an employee @ YOI for several years now. I work at one of the Michigan facilities and we have a great team. YOI care about their employees and most important they truly care and our passionate about the work they are accomplishing with the youth. The overall goal is to be making a positive impact and being a positive role model for these troubled youth, and @ YOI we are accomplishing that goal. I believe this the first step in making a real difference.
Pros
Having the opportunity to make a difference
Cons
Solid company working to change the face of youth detention
Director of Operations/Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 10, 2018
Overall this was a good company to work for. Lots of opportunity to help push the business model nationwide. Leadership had a lot to offer at times, but everything was an in house style approach.
Pros
Good pay, Advancement opportunities
Cons
Amount of work compared to time away from the job
Challenging and rewarding
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rockwood, TNApril 2, 2018
My team is one of the best group of people I have worked with in over 20 years in the workforce. Supportive, caring, and driven, there is no doubt that YOI has chosen a team of individuals who will do all they can for the youth they work for. YOI as a company has shown positive growth within the residential facility and continues to make positive changes. I have no doubt that they have the best interest of the children in mind, and I know that we as a team are doing everything to make that thought reality.
Pros
Great team, pay, fulfilling work
Cons
Hard to leave work at work at times
Very Productive work place/ Great people
Asst. Facility Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rockwood, TNMarch 30, 2018
YOI Roane academy is a very awesome place to work. The staff there are great and work as a team daily to get the job done. Very compassionate people and I wouldn't trade them for anything.
Pros
Great environment, competitive pay, advancement opportunities, caring staff, and a Great management team
Cons
No 401k
You need a strong team
Team Player (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2018
While working here I've learned that support and more support is needed and beneficial to run a successful program. The most enjoyable part about of the job is coming together as a team and getting a task completed. Nothing can replace great teamwork in this setting.
Cons
No 401k
Great place to make a difference in a youth's life
Asst Director (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2018
Youth Opportunity Investments gives staff the opportunity to do some great things for youth!

Education
Food Services
Recreation
Incentives
Youth Advisory Boards
Creative Arts (Music, dance, yoga)
Employment Skills
Like Skills
College/Job Fairs
Restorative Justice Practices
Alternatives to isolation
Pros
The opportunity to make a difference in a youth's life
Cons
You have to have a lot of patience
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNMarch 28, 2018
I have been with YOI for over two years now and I have promoted up twice.This company has been good to me so far and I love the people I work with to me we are a big happy family
Pros
great people to work with, supportive management team
Cons
no paid vacations
Great Work Place!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2018
YOI is a "Great " company to work for, they stand by their Vision and Mission statement. Yoi is committed to improving the conditions of correctional and residential facilities by providing the youth with specialized programs and training. I love the culture of the work place, our team if family orientated, and the management is great! Theres always room for growth and opportunity!

Want to know more about Youth Opportunity Investments, LLC?

Ask a question
Growing Facility
NA (Current Employee) –  Rockwood, TNMarch 26, 2018
Since working for YOI Raone Academy I have noticed a huge change in staff moral and even our clients that we serve.

Staff morale is up! and our facility is growing quickly...New staff are coming on board and programs have been updated and or put in place.

Overall Roane Academy is becoming in my opinion a rewarding place to work.

Management yes has changed, but for the better, and they have come together as a team for the day to day running of the facility.

Shift Managers are also working as a team along with the youth counselor's. Great bunch of co workers to be with 8 hours a day and to be honest I cannot think of a better location or company to be with.
Pros
8 hour shifts, Ot, Paid holidays, Pto
Cons
No 401K currently
Changing Lives & Futures
Facility Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rockwood, TNMarch 25, 2018
YOI is committed to helping others grow and change both clients and staff. The environment is fast paced and no day is quite like the next. There is a lot of excitement for creating a culture of excellence and employees are dedicated to the youth that we serve as well as to the company as a whole.
Positive place for troubled youth
Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Rockdale, TXMarch 23, 2018
YOI took over management of my workplace about two months ago. Immediately noticeable was a positive change in the manner in which youth are viewed and treated. This is a company that appears to value youth and that seems dedicated to helping youth make positive changes by treating them with positive regard, something that is often lacking in juvenile justice. I was pleasantly surprised by this attitude, and I anticipate that under this new management, our company will serve youth well and that we provide hope and a solid opportunity for change and success for youth involved in the juvenile justice system.
Constructive Work Place
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockdale CSIMarch 23, 2018
It's nice working with people who are trying to help young people. Being a part of helping these young men and women improve their lives is a great thing. You can actually see their progress from day to day. I recommend working for Youth Opportunities Investments if you want to help others.
Pros
Insurance, Paid Days Off, Great Staff
Big Rewards
Educator (Current Employee) –  CSI- Rockdale AcademyMarch 22, 2018
CSI – Rockdale is like a second family. Employees care about each other and management is organized and supportive. As a multidisciplinary team, security, therapy and education, we work together to develop a personalized approach to meet the needs of each youth. Honestly, we work with at-risk youth in a residential facility, and that does present challenges. However, the reward comes in seeing a young person make needed changes in their life and leave here prepared to have great future.
Great Company
None (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 20, 2018
The best part about working for Youth Opportunity Investments, LLC is knowing in some small way, I am a part of helping youth and making a positive impact. In addition, there are some wonderful people who work at YOI and value the work you do.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lack of a 401k
Poor place to work
None (Former Employee) –  Rockwood, TNMarch 16, 2018
This company is all about the bottom line. They are strictly in it for the money and could careless about the employees. Expect double shifts two to three times a week and you'll be on blue dot, refuse a blue dot and you'll get wrote up, do it enough and they'll let you go. You'll be on blue dot two times a week including them asking for you to work a second shift just to cover.
Pros
None, insurance wasn't better than omni visions
Cons
Everything, management, no 401k, 4 hours per pay period of pto
No summary
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 26, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was, in a small part, helping troubled youth. There are some wonderful people in the organization who were a joy to work with.
Cons
Expected to always work through lunch, no breaks, usually worked over.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Youth Opportunity Investments, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Youth Opportunity Investments, LLC Reviews by Location