Youth Opportunity Investments, LLC
45Low

Youth Opportunity Investments, LLC Employee Reviews

United States98 reviews
Somewhat good but mostly bad
Good coworkers, bad management who will not have your back, do not expect any raises, you will work long hours continuous overtime if you decline they will count it against you, no phones and they are terrible about answering their facility phones, barely any breaks if you do happen to get one it will be one 30 min in 12 hours, its a stress filled workplace.
Worst job ever
They care more about the kids than the staff. Kids are really disrespectful. Management stay at their office watching the cameras and telling you what to do. They don’t want to deal with the kids they just stay in their office and screaming over the radio all the times. Don’t waste you time working for this company they suck, no benefits at all. Also you have no support from management.
trying to be postive
I have tried for the last few months to try and find a reason on why I belong but I cant find enough to stay. Plus I really want to get back into Law Enforcement
Awesome Place
Of course there is cons to every job I will mention a couple Health Insurance is expensive and mentally stressful dealing with trouble youth. Overall this job is great and pays well and will give you secure employment and advancement in the company and there growing more and more. I honestly love it and I am proud to work for this amazing company.....
No support for employees
This company will back the kids up before they do staff!! A kid will be throwing furniture and having a fit and they will come in and coddle them... poor baby what’s wrong... It doesn’t matter who’s safety is at risk. If they do actually try to assert any type of punishment someone else will come along and reverse that decision so that they can get the kid to do what they want right then. Kids can attack staff and go home the next day!! They have lost multiple long term employees 15+years
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Bad Company to work for
Overworked employees, no raises, no appreciate, bad management, favoritism,no break room, only 2 bath for the whole staff, only one break 30 mins, they need a whole new management team
Politics
Too many chiefs not enough Indians and the sense of entitlement is high ... The management everyone throws at each other, never allow over time but when they need you expect to be available
Worst company ever
This is by far the worst company and unsafe environment I have ever worked in. Staff is overworked and underpaid. Management is money hungry and doesn’t fix anything in the building. The building is falling apart and no one is tying to fix anything. We are always short of staff due to high staff turn over rate which puts the remaining staff in an unsafe environment and management wants to demand mandatory overtime
Wouldn’t recommend under any circumstances
Management is completely trash. Understaffed is an under statement. You don’t only deal with juveniles but kids who have mental illnesses as well. They do offer plenty of overtime but the overall pay isn’t worth it at all. Favoritism is a big part of the company’s failure when it comes to the juveniles and the employees. As far as the breaks you only get one 30min break no 15s in between. You won’t have weekends off under any circumstances
Could be great but...it’s not
The turnover rate at this job is incredibly high! I hope this review can help more people.

The current shifts are: Day shift 14+hrs (7am-9pm) and Night shift 10+hrs (9pm-7am). You will never get off on time, and they will keep you 16hrs if they feel the need.

First, I just want to say some of the kids are wonderful. You will quickly find that you want the best for them and want to see them succeed in life, especially with getting placed in a home.

That being said, it’s exhausting. You are on a dorm with a lot of teenage boys, who are bored, stuck in one area, and crowded around other teenage boys. They all don’t always get along/get on each other’s nerves. You have to break up potential fights on a daily basis. Sometimes actual fights do break out. On top of typical teenage attitude, there is sometimes anger and disrespect like no other. Keep in mind, some of these kids being in a facility is all they know..

But, it isn't only exhausting because of dealing with all of the moody boys. It's the long hours and only getting 2 15 minute breaks. Yes, you can sit down on dorm (at times), and, yes, you do eat on dorm (they provide you with lunch and dinner). But, 30 minutes total of a breather away from the hectic dorm full of kids? During a 14+ hr shift? Some of the older kids understand how hard it is on you and will help out with the younger kids (though not always in the most appropriate of ways).

There is also almost no communication through/to staff. Management changes their mind on a daily basis on what they do/don't allow. It is pure chaos, imho. And, it could
 - more...
The company is good. There are a lot of new facilities opening up and lots of room for advancement. They pay well and for some of the staff there is lots of opportunity for overtime. For Salary staff you can flex off hours worked over 40 which is rare. Overall the staff care about the youth and the environment is friendly and supportive.
Not so great
The management is not so great and it need alot of work the benefits are not that great the pay is ok the return over rate is ify younwant move up at all
I enjoy the work environment
My work environment is a fun place to be. The management is awesome and energetic. I love it. Such a positive place to be. You cannot find that everywhere you go. Hope that the company will give us bonuses and raises though because everyone here do a great job all around and it is well deserved.
Unprofessional, underpaying, and a hostile work environment.
This job could have been the best job of my career; however, in turn became my worst. The best part of this job was genuinely making an impact in the lives of the youth there-inspiring, encouraging, mentoring, educating, and motivating them to be the best they could be. However, this becomes almost impossible to do on a consistent basis when the working environment is toxic, and management is unsupportive. In fact, management will expect you to support THEM by working mandatory overtime, filling in on shifts, and performing duties outlined for another role or title (basically doing jobs outside your job description with no acknowledgement or gratitude shown for your dedication). If you value quality life/time with your family and friends, this is not the place for you as there is a sign posted (and has been for several months) in the employee break room that reads "NO PTO WILL BE APPROVED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE". If you are not a follower of cliques and crowds, this is not the place for you. The team meetings are the best! This gives management a chance to tell the employees about everything they find wrong with their performance and/or work ethic, however when employees stress concerns about the lack of support from leadership, lack of resources, safety/contraband issues, being overworked, underpaid, etc. we are told "If you don't like it, you can leave". Leaving this place has been a huge relief, and honestly one of the greatest blessings I could have received. If you are considering working at this place, reconsider, and reconsider again. No job should have you this stressed - more...
Plenty of overtime
Plenty of overtime. Good people for the most part it’s changed a lot over the last several years I’ve been here. Is food for someone looking to start in new career field
These people NEVER treat their employee's with any respect at all.
I don't have any tips other than the top dog's (owner's) of this company sneak in...at AR facilities and just ask EVERYONE that works for them" HOW US IT OUT HERE". Those people out there just down their employees.
If your heart is set on helping youth that have been through traumatic situations, this is the place for you. It's not always the easiest job, but it is very rewarding when you see actual growth & change from a youth that has been through unspeakable pain & trauma. This job is definitely not the easiest. There are good days and bad days, but the good definitely outweighs the bad. I love my job & and I honestly had no idea what I wanted to be doing with my life until now.
Last resort, job only.
The only positive is working with kids and some other staff. Almost all the management is unqualified, they state you must have bachelors degree, but a high school diploma and a set of knee pads you'll be a program manager in no time. Staff are treated horrible, and you will see more crime working one shift there then being out in society. Management will tell you everything to get a warm body,then treat you like a pheasant.
Rewarding job
Working at YOI facility can be stressful but rewarding. Primary function for everyone is to care for and treat at risk youth in a safe and effective manner.
great opportunity for LPN
Great working environment. The management team is very supportive. Flexible hours and schedule and opportunity to earn more. Opportunity for growth with the company. Working with and helping at risk youth is hard but very rewarding at the end of the day.
The people are kind and it’s a great place to work. Sometimes it feels like a family and the love to the youth is wonderful. You are respected and treated as a person
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Youth Opportunity Investments, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8