Youth Outreach Services Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
Substance Abuse Treatment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
It can be a stressful job. Unable to predict if you will have a job the next day. Documentation and files was a bit scary. benefits were high in cost.
Pros
free to do what you want
Cons
unstablness
Oppressive and desparate
Treatment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2018
The people at this agency are WONDERFUL! Most of the clients are great!

The work atmosphere for a counselor, I found oppressive. As a community mental health agency they rely on funders to stay afloat. Unfortunately, that has become they're main focus. The clients can be easily lost. Integrity as a counselor and counseling ethics are constantly challenged.
I enjoyed the job it was exciting working with others
Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILApril 9, 2018
It was a good experience, I love the people i was working with and the clients. I love helping others in the field, also helping lots of families, that needed assistance,
Nice place of work to work
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2018
Just a fund and realistic place to work and develop experience. The workers were polite and friendly. Not very much room to grow but a great place to work to gain experience.
Opinion
Treatment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2017
I feel that youth outreach has a great vision. I would not have left if there was room to grow. Their pay level was under average scale. They had to change.
Pros
Client centered
Cons
low pay
Teamwork, Organization, and the flexible
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2017
Running the day to day operations such as budgeting, documentation, meeting with staff and clients. Addressing all concerns, needs, issues, and the problems of the program, clients, and staff. I have learned that social services choose you you don't choose it. My workplace can changed in second,in hour, in week. I always need be prepare for any and everything dealing with my population. The hardest part about the job is the administration. The most enjoyable is seeing clients going to be successful.
Pros
My team flexible, and the clients
Cons
No raises, no movement through the ranks, and limited funding
Very good place to work
Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoy working at Youth Outreach services it is a good place to start getting experience. People that work there are very polite and helpful.
Case Manager-TLP | Child Welfare Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2017
Youth Outreach Services is a great place to work. They offer competitive salaries, yearly reviews, employee appreciation. YOS is attentive to the needs of its employees.
Pros
Employee appreciation
Cons
None I can think of at this time.
Great place to gain experience
Treatment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 21, 2016
Counseled teenagers and worked with Probation officers doing case management. Ran groups and did individual sessions every day. Also went to court for clients
Pros
Great co workers and clients
Cons
No advancement and low pay
Learned a lot
Philanthropy Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2015
We work as a very small team, so I was able to get to know and work with a lot of the staff and learn from them. I gained a lot of valuable experience.
Difficult
employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2015
The roles and responsibilities extend beyond individual positions resulting in employees covering 2 -3 positions. This makes getting and giving support difficult. Due to state budgetary issues it is difficult to compensate employee performance. Advancement and professional development are limited. The people that work with the clients are dedicated to their work.
Excellent place to gain some experience and knowledge.
Treatment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cicero, ILJuly 29, 2014
Youth Outreach Services is a great place to get some experience and exposure to the counseling world. The hardest part of this job is trying to maintain the clientele to continue coming for their services. The most enjoyable part of this is working with most of the staff, they make it very pleasant and worth the effort.
Pros
Decent schedules.
Cons
Benefits are not that great, pay could be better
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2014
Enjoyed being part of the YOS team. Great atmosphere. Management and co-workers were very nice and always helpful.
Good Place to work
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Great place to work. Really cool boss. Doing things to benefit somebody in need felt good at the end of the day.