Youthworks

Youthworks Employee Reviews

Youthworks insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

The job was easy yet sometimes unorganized.

The job was easy. Where I was, the tasks weren't hard. Some of the employees however, being teens, they were lazy and unprofessional at times. The manager was nice but was very stressed do to work things(I would suppose) and health issues. This make her to become unorganized at times. When tasks were given out they tended to get translated badly and hence thing that were to be done weren't done correctly, amongst other problems. Overall, in the end many tasks were completed to achieve our goal in the job.

Pros

Free lunch and good pay.

Cons

The lunch was gross and we didn't get our pay until the end of our session.

Amazing work, terrible work/life balance

The work we did was really meaningful but at times it would be very overwhelming or tiring because we would work from 6am to 11pm. Too much work for 4 people, too many things to do.

Pros

Pay, Free food, fun environment

Cons

No real breaks

Gained knowledge and building of work skills

It was a virtual experience for my first year so there’s not much excitement going on. We just learned basic work skills online and how to build and strengthen a resume, things like that.

Our jobs were centured around how best to help our clients.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Youthworks is accommodating.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Youthworks are sufficient but I did not like getting paid once a month.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Youthworks, I think there is job security at youthworks. No one could have planned for a worldwide pandemic.ManagementIn general, managers at Youthworks expected you to get your job done, with minimum supervision. We had weekly meetings and our managers were always available if we had questions.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Youthworks is mandatory every week.OverallMy experience working at Youthworks was one of of the most rewarding jobs I have ever had.

Trip Consultant

Great place to work - too bad COVID-19 hit and made it difficult to offer their model of service. Would be willing to return once things return to normal .

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Great place for personal growth and leadership skills

I personally was challenged and enjoyed it. It's a highly interactive job , hands on leadership and, great people. You learn so much about serving and HOW to serve.

You get to choose where you want to work.

YouthWorks is for anyone that is 14 years or older. They place you where you want to work. The jobs are pretty easy. You can go online and fill in the application and then you will get an email for your interview.

it was

It was more hands-on with work and brings the energy out of a person. The managers were helpful and fair. At then end of the job everybody learned something new of themselves.

It was great.

Youthworks was very helpful with helping get good work experience that was in my interest. I loved working there and I hope to continue to work there for as long as I can.

Summer job

The work wasn't the most exciting or life-changing, but its a good start for young people looking for experience and is a good way of giving back to your communities.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Youthworks?

Very fun place place to be

I worked within a church and helped run VBS and other events as well as doing construction work for several poor areas. A typical day at work is waking up knowing you will make a difference in someones life. we did several things for the needy as a volunteering program and they outreach to make people feel safe as well as get help.

City of Berkeley Playgrounds Summer Camp

Working with children has taught me how to be patient and how to be creative and imaginative. Working with kids requires you to be engaged with them and keep their day busy and fun.

Pros

Interact with joyful and sweet kids

Cons

On your feet all day

Youthworks

A good company, especially for young teens during the summer. Easy commute to jobs. Reasonable hours, no weekends. Helpful employers and respectful employees

Great experience.

Youthworks equipped me with interview skills. A variety of job experiences and many new connections within the work field. The managers acted as a support system for the workers with a weekly meeting set up for checking in on employees. I was grateful for the experience.

Fun

It was exciting to work with new people because we got the job done quick without a problem and you get paid a lot to be a youth and you get paid every 2 weeks

Unforgettable Work Experience

A typical day had amazing experiences of leadership and overall growth. As an employee, you learn to lead and as a christian you grow in your faith. Our supervisors where trained to manage any situations with a great attitude and poise, always attentive to care for undervisor's well-being.

Typical day at work

It was a great job, I learned a lot. It was a starter job, I couldn’t wait to grow and learn from it and explains my horizons. A typical day at work was us doing manual labor, we helped paved trails and clean up beaches. We planted flowers and helped the environment. They taught us a lot about nature and everything. Management was very resourceful and we could depend on it

Career overall

It was overall a good work environment good people the whole nine yards I liked the sights and the wildlife was wonderful with life the hardest parts was the work obviously

Easy job to receive.

The job was overall nice, good management, variety of diversity in the working environment. The time I worked there was long enough. I wouldn't work there again though.

good job

i really liked working there. the culture was always positive. i would recommend this job for any young person trying to get into the working world. i

Summer job

Very nice, no problems what so ever , Nice and easy, learned more about how to dress for an interview and how to speak and greet the interviewer, wasn’t any hard parts about the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Youthworks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
4.5Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight