YRC Freight Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not a good place to work
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDAugust 8, 2018
Worked rhere about. 6 weeks . poor management expected to hit a number that could not be achieved as a warehouse being on call sucks.Won't make union.Only positive was. Coworkers
Pros
Coworkers nice and helpful
Cons
Management was poor
Challenging every day
Supervisor / Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 6, 2018
Challenging job with some different issues every day. Union environment and you are out in the elements when working in the dock operation. Need to be able to balance multiple things and meet deadlines to exceed customer needs.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
24/7 operations leads to poor work life balance
Long work weeks
CDL TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2018
Typical workday consist of 14 hour days over the road driving from state to state, I was gone 3 to 6 weeks at a time, home for 3 to 4 days then back on the road.
Productive and good place to work
Dock Worker/Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 2, 2018
Working in the weather can be difficult at times, but previous work experience made the transition much easier. The dock is covered but open air, so when it's cold or hot, you will feel it even more on the dock. Yrc provides water and Gatorade in the summer when it gets extremely hot outside.
Pros
Water and other means of hydration in summertime and fully paid medical ins.
Cons
Weather is a factor on the dock
Fun workplace
City Driver (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 2, 2018
It takes about 3 years to work there before employment is steady. When work gets slow they have temporary lay-off. After 3 to 4 years you don't have to worry about that. The work goes by senoroty so in the beginning you will probably get stuck on some evening or graveyard shift. Another problem with our last contract is we had to give up 15% of our gross pay to bail out the company. Hopefully that will change next contract. I doubt it though.
Pros
Union job
Cons
Union job
Work balance
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 1, 2018
While the time at YRC was a different atmosphere than MBX, i have to say overall it was a good company to work for. I had amazing supervisors which made it a great place to work
Not a company i'd return to
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJuly 30, 2018
Management changes were needed, i believe since my time with Yellow-Roadway there has been some changes. I know of several people there that are not happy with there current work environment
great place to work as long as you can deal with teamster culture
Freight Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAJuly 27, 2018
if u can get in good pay great benefit management is good the whether u are a good worker or not it is all about seniority from getting a bid to getting overtime but if can deal with that and last then this will be a great job
I didnt enjoy my time there
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CAJuly 25, 2018
Terrible i would not advise anyone to work there. for you to be able to move up you would have to be there for almost 30 years. they don't really care about there employees.
Love what I do but just a lot of bad rumors and we took a 15% pay cut 10 years ago and company still treats us like we are the problem
Road driver (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 19, 2018
Overall it is a great place to work because I have been here working on my 15th year. There is just a lot of stressful situations dealing with bad atmosphere.
Pros
Money and benefits good
Cons
15% pay cut and if your a new guy lots of waiting by the phone.
Many services to offer
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2018
YRC Freight is a company with many services to offer. I had a great manager who was very empathetic, helpful, and truly cared about his employees. I learned a lot about various aspects of the LTL industry, even more than I knew existed. Management was supportive. The culture was positive even in the face of tough service. The hardest part of the job was trying to sell to customers during rough service times. Most enjoyable part was working with my team.
Poor equipment
Driver/Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJuly 16, 2018
When the shop that works on the equipment ask when are they going to give us better trucks because they are breaking down daily. Worked with a small group of drivers and some thought they were in charge
Okay to work for just okay
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJuly 15, 2018
I have been saying since the merger we need to redue the runs it would make things easier for the dispatchers and the employees delivering the freight.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Lowest paid in the frieght Business. Pension needs more money paid into it.
worst work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sauk Village, ILJuly 13, 2018
pulling up to the job environment brings a gray cloudy day. the supervisors are rude, petty, disrespectful alone with upper management are racist and hateful. The company only care about the freight. they don't care about the employees. a day at that job is like doge ball. doc k workers (Vs) supervisors and bosses
Pros
free luch and yearly raise
Cons
hostile work environment
Rough Job in Rough Industry
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 12, 2018
I held nearly every job in a warehouse for YRC. I probably deserved to be promoted quite a few times but people who were friends of people were placed in positions instead so it left a really poor taste.
Sweat shop
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 11, 2018
You work in an environment that is very hard. I could relate it to working in Thailand a sweat shop worker. Yrc provides very little in keep their employees cool in the summers and warm in the winter. Always working 10 hours
Pros
Na
Cons
Heat, long hours
Faced paced and fun employees
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 10, 2018
The days go by fast due to fast pace. have to be able to deal with disgruntled customers due to freight loss at times. the employees make it lots of fun.
Manage your territory
sales representatives (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2018
This is a business where you have to be personable. If the customer does not want to work with you, your going to have a tough go at this job. YRC sells the invisible, there is no capital equipment to be sold - there is only the service you provide. Your job is to effectively communicate your intentions and make sure they are followed to the letter, while spending time (in and out of the office) with the customer.
Pros
Lots of entertainment to be enjoyed here
Cons
Work life balance is focused on work
YRC was a great place to work
Inside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working for YRC what more can you say?? They had a good work life balance. I liked the manager I worked under if you worked hard and tried they appreciated you.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Could micromanage a little too much but it was to be helpful
High stress combative environment
Dock Supervisor/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 4, 2018
Management used threats and intimidation to force subordinates to improve performance. Threats were both of a professional and physical manner. The treatment was not of a professional and acceptable manner.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
High stress environment, managed with stress and intimidation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YRC Freight. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight