YRC Freight Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 22, 2019
I was really satisfied with my position and accomplished allt in my life while being employed. YRC Freight job was a blessing to my life ill do what i need to do to get back to work there
Pros
Free tv
Dock Worker
Dock Worker/Driver (Former Employee) –  Copley, OHMarch 20, 2019
After working for this company for the short time I did, I completely understand why they have the financial issues they have. Dockworkers are provided a 3 day orientation in which nothing important is explained. I spent my 3 days doing the work of my "mentor" while he sat and talked with the other dock workers. You are expected to be "productive with scanning," but no one ever takes the time to define what "productive" means or what you should be working towards. It truly is an environment where you either sink or swim. There is a huge disconnect between the upstairs office that dictates the work and the dock workers. At any point a more senior dock worker will pull you to do scut work, but the upstairs office still excepts you to meet your daily scans. The union steward is absolutely worthless until you are hired on full time, so you have no support. You will have absolutely no life as you have to take call everyday, and though they say full time there is no guarantee with the hours.

This was truly the most toxic place I have ever been employed at. Honestly the only positive is the benefits if you make it that long, and who knows how long those will last as they still have not finalized the new contract. Many of the workers on the dock are bitter and angry because of the benefits and pay they WILLING forfeited several years ago, so they take it out on the new people. Most of the workers did nothing but complain every shift, and go out of there way to do little work and make it tough on the new people. I would suggest to avoid this place at all cost and go to a real company
  more... like FedEx or UPS.  less
Pros
Cons
Toxic work environment, inconsistent work schedule, poor training
Terrible company
Line haul driver (Former Employee) –  Line Lexington, PA 18932March 18, 2019
All this company cares about is work, work and more work. They will hire you as a trainee but they won't actually take the time to train you. Also if you have a family stay a mile away from this company.
technically speaking, great place to enter LTL, lift driving environment
Certified Folk Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAMarch 18, 2019
The management tactics and capabilities have been questions by many professional including competitor companies alike. the environment is what you should expect for a "dock" or "warehouse" environment. there is job security after you become vested in the "union". If you can simplify things and stay out of the politics, keep your head down and stay under the radar, it would be a good place to start or a good place to stretch your lift skills and be put into a environment where you would be learning "dock etiquette".
Pros
pay, if you learn to finesse it.
Cons
call-board standards
you pretty much are your own boss after leaving the yard.
pick up and delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMarch 17, 2019
I go in to work with some days my delivery trailer loaded and some days its not if loaded I go around my trailer to do a pre trip. If not loaded I load trailer myself or pick the freight out in the order I want to deliver it in for a dock worker. I learned several different geographical delivery areas. management over looks to make sure time critical freight has been loaded. The hardest part of the job is trying to get to customers before they close. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my customers every day and being out doors all day.
This company is a joke
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TXMarch 10, 2019
If you can help it, Never work for this company. The union is terrible and enables grown people to behave like teenagers. I had a lump in my throat and dread in my soul each day when I got near my building on my commute. There is Zero training, no mission statement, no support from managment. I had union thugs steal my SSN # and taunt me with the fact that they had it. HR is a joke and caters to the union at all times. The buildings are run down, the equipment is old, drivers are disgruntled due to reduced wages and benefits. You will not enjoy a day of working here and find yourself just trying to survive the completely horrible environment you wonder how you came to be in. Look somewhere else if you can
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Literally all else!
Relaxed workplace as long as you get your work done in a timely manner.
Casual Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 10, 2019
As of the day this review was written, only bad thing about YRC is the low pay scale which I believe they try to make up for by making the work place somewhat relaxed.
Pros
Laid back, cool/helpful coworkers
Cons
Low pay
Hard place due to work/life balance and upper management
Dock supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 6, 2019
Very bad place to work if you have a family or want any kind of life at all...12 hour shifts with no assigned breaks...managers constantly beat you down and do everything they can to make things difficult for you
Challenging yet rewarding
SHIFT OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 5, 2019
A very fast paced environment that can be extremely challenging at times because of the unionized workforce that has to continuously be micro-managed.
Current P/D driver Plainview NY
Driver (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYMarch 3, 2019
Job in itself it's easy. Management and co-workers are great. Compare to other places I've worked this is a dream come true. Now I know the pay is not up to scale to any competitors but hopefully we will get up there.
Pros
Easy job. Great co-workers
Cons
Salary and equipment
What a diaster to work for
Employee (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMarch 3, 2019
MANAGEMENT HAS NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON, NEITHER DO THE DOCK WORKS, CLERKS, MANAGERS, ETC. Constantly playing the "who should we put blame to next" card, instead of fixing the mistakes and moving forward with their work. How can you learn when you arent shown?So much complaining, yelling, and rude comments between everything and everyone in this company. How they can talk coworkers/customers like they do, AND STILL HAVE A JOB, is beyond me. Don't worry thought, if you are a lazy working individual, TEAMSTERS will save you and make sure you can keep your job while the hard working ones suffer! If you are one of those hard working individuals, do not apply at this establishment.
Pros
Health care benefits
Cons
Literally everything else
Poorly run company. No regular schedules. On call and don’t know when you’re going to work.
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 2, 2019
I’ve been employed at this company for 27 years. I have watched it steadily decline over the past 15 years as far as the moral of both management and labor.
Pros
Paid time off and cost free insurance
Cons
No schedule. Badgering from management
Hard work please
Warehouse Processor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 1, 2019
This please is very pour of management and communication to the new employs the union plays a big roll on the way this please do business, everything go by the contract .......
YRC can be great ; because of Teamsters Union Only
transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 1, 2019
This was a great Job that payed well ! Mind your own Business and do not mess up ! Pay complete attention to your business and make some pretty Good Money !
Pros
Work Longer and make money
Cons
Reno runs are a drag and a Half ; but be Patient and completely accurate and live !
Fast paced and challenging
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, CAFebruary 27, 2019
Very Challenging, Theres alot of information that you need to retain in a very short time. Nights are pretty relaxed. Daytime hours are the busiest. Ones you get the hang of it is smooth sailing .
Cons
Low weekley hours
Small Building
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 26, 2019
Somewhat easy establishment to work in as a starter job. Majority of the staff there are easy to work around because of their consideration of cleaning behind themselves.
When i first started with YRC I was hoping it would be my last but after woking there for many year it has proved to be a company with no future.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAFebruary 24, 2019
When I arrive at work I have to go over the stops and over half of the time I have to reload my truck according to the stops that have to be made that day. Once out on delivery we get the pick ups which i rearange myself to get the job done more efficiently.The hardest part of the job is the negativity throughout the company. Mangement does not listen to their drivers resulting in lost time throughout the day which can be very frusterating. The best part of the job is the medical benefits and time off compared to other companys.
benefits
Cons
bad equipment . bad management. bad wages
Great Place To Work
Casual Clerk (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 20, 2019
One of the best jobs i had, unfortunately had to relocate but i would have definitely stayed if i could have. Office and warehouse full of great positive people.
High pay lots of work
Driver/dock worker (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARFebruary 20, 2019
High paced, lots of work, lots of hours. High wages. All of YRC is Union so you have to bid for jobs. And seniority rules regardless of how well or how hard they work.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Union
It has been too long for me to write a fair review
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2019
It has been too long since I worked at this company to give a fair review of the workplace culture. I have no idea how the corporate culture is currently,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YRC Freight. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight