YRC Freight Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Many services to offer
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2018
YRC Freight is a company with many services to offer. I had a great manager who was very empathetic, helpful, and truly cared about his employees. I learned a lot about various aspects of the LTL industry, even more than I knew existed. Management was supportive. The culture was positive even in the face of tough service. The hardest part of the job was trying to sell to customers during rough service times. Most enjoyable part was working with my team.
Poor equipment
Driver/Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJuly 16, 2018
When the shop that works on the equipment ask when are they going to give us better trucks because they are breaking down daily. Worked with a small group of drivers and some thought they were in charge
Okay to work for just okay
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJuly 15, 2018
I have been saying since the merger we need to redue the runs it would make things easier for the dispatchers and the employees delivering the freight.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Lowest paid in the frieght Business. Pension needs more money paid into it.
worst work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sauk Village, ILJuly 13, 2018
pulling up to the job environment brings a gray cloudy day. the supervisors are rude, petty, disrespectful alone with upper management are racist and hateful. The company only care about the freight. they don't care about the employees. a day at that job is like doge ball. doc k workers (Vs) supervisors and bosses
Pros
free luch and yearly raise
Cons
hostile work environment
Rough Job in Rough Industry
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 12, 2018
I held nearly every job in a warehouse for YRC. I probably deserved to be promoted quite a few times but people who were friends of people were placed in positions instead so it left a really poor taste.
Sweat shop
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 11, 2018
You work in an environment that is very hard. I could relate it to working in Thailand a sweat shop worker. Yrc provides very little in keep their employees cool in the summers and warm in the winter. Always working 10 hours
Pros
Na
Cons
Heat, long hours
Faced paced and fun employees
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 10, 2018
The days go by fast due to fast pace. have to be able to deal with disgruntled customers due to freight loss at times. the employees make it lots of fun.
Manage your territory
sales representatives (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2018
This is a business where you have to be personable. If the customer does not want to work with you, your going to have a tough go at this job. YRC sells the invisible, there is no capital equipment to be sold - there is only the service you provide. Your job is to effectively communicate your intentions and make sure they are followed to the letter, while spending time (in and out of the office) with the customer.
Pros
Lots of entertainment to be enjoyed here
Cons
Work life balance is focused on work
YRC was a great place to work
Inside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working for YRC what more can you say?? They had a good work life balance. I liked the manager I worked under if you worked hard and tried they appreciated you.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Could micromanage a little too much but it was to be helpful
High stress combative environment
Dock Supervisor/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 4, 2018
Management used threats and intimidation to force subordinates to improve performance. Threats were both of a professional and physical manner. The treatment was not of a professional and acceptable manner.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
High stress environment, managed with stress and intimidation
It was a cool job.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJune 30, 2018
This was the first Highest paid job I ever worked, It was easy and everybody was nice, And the job wasn't difficult to complete. Everybody treated everyone fairly.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
No cons Really.
Hard work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJune 27, 2018
A lot of work less pay company cut 15% wages cut vocation cut the sick days employee pensions cut off very old equipment work Monday to Friday off Saturday and Sunday.
road and city driver schedules changeable
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHJune 25, 2018
struggle between old drivers and new with rules, schedules mismanaged at times - to please all was challenging - catty at times - layovers abused and others suffer needlessly - need enforcement and monitoring to change for the better - pay was competitive - days off was fair
Union job with good benefits
City pickup and delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 25, 2018
Was a really good place to work until they merged yellow and roadway together after that we took a pay cut while the CEO was cashing 20 million dollar stock checks and the pay cut is still in effect! It's created a don't care attitude in a lot of employees which is causing the company to lose customers because of damages and theft hope some people wake up before it's to late.
This place sucks
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2018
Very. Dangerous place to work at . Poor equipment .They pay is under Union scale . I hated that dam place. Management don’t care about their workers.
Pros
Cons
CEO greedy and make sure they get their yearly bonus
Wasn’t a bad place to work.
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maybrook NYJune 22, 2018
YRC was way too much walking for someone new to freight business. Management was amazing I enjoyed their efforts to keep you comfortable and encouraged. Overall expectations were too high and very long hours no real home life or say in schedule. You spend the first day or two off recovering. Staff moral was very poor for my taste 50/50 situation. Half of the supervisors were good people and then the other half completely terrible. Learned a lot from my period there but wouldn’t recommend if your not used to being up all day at work. With that said I have a great deal of respect for those who worked there they work hard.
Pros
Pay was great, benefits excellent, management great
Cons
Moral low, Work expectations too high, Hours too long.
Fair
Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, CAJune 21, 2018
Dock is like being in High school. Recommended clock in do your job and clock out. Do not get caught up in the day-to-day politics and gossip. You will be working in the elements so heat and cold are a factor
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
Poor terminal manager
Goal oriented and efficiency driven terminals. All non-management employees are Union members.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 21, 2018
YRC is an excellent stepping stone company that offers limited promotional opportunities. The management benefits are mediocre.
Union is strong and tends to easily push back against management.
Fast paced
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 18, 2018
Job is fast paced always guaranteed 2 days off worst days is whenever the weather is bad outside especially during winter time I also have seniority in place and sometimes it's tough to get the overtime you would like
Pros
There's always work to do
Cons
Open doc floor exposed to weather
fast pace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILJune 17, 2018
when I worked at YRC it was a learning curve but i'd say i caught on pretty quickly. the people that worked along side me made sure that i did things the proper way
Pros
good pay
Cons
hot conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YRC Freight. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight